Inside Sim Racing video. GT5P vs Forza 2 Now with new 2nd video!!!!

• Thread starter Kryz11
  • 301 comments

Rate the "VS"

• No Rating: There should be no comparison one is full game one is not.. etc please explain in full.

Votes: 47 54.7%
  • 1 Stars

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • 2 Stars

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • 3 Stars

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • 4Stars

• 5 Stars

• Total voters

Kryz11

We are all one mind.
Premium
NoxNoctisUmbra
Beta VS Full game.
Starts at about 7 minutes 30 seconds into the video.

Apparently GT5 might win if GT will include better customization, body kits, damange etc.. as well all PD promised. But yeah Forza2 has MORE stuff, GT5P for me has better feel of the cars and simulation level but with little amount of cars, few tracks no cuztomization.. not much to do. But.. I am not disappointing at the VS from them, its pretty much saying that full GT5 game should be stuffed with up to date stuff.

New video about the VS shootout..
starts after 3 minute mark.

PS. One more thing to add that Fanatec is better then G25 ;)

Last edited:
thanks nox...and yeah,full game against a beta...says it all really!

am really going to have to try that fanatec wheel though,these two guys where very clear about it being substantionally better than a logitech...i know it is also more expensive,but it sounds that the extra price is not only for the porsche badge...............

spyrrari.

But hey , a beta game came so close to full game!!! Just imagine Full GT5 game.

Interesting about the wheel. I really want to try and see how much better it is than the G25.

I'll be buying a 360 and Forza 3 so I could do with a wheel for all. I'm going to wait and see what models Fanatec have at the Forza 3 launch as they seem to be adding quite a lot. Maybe logitech can improve theirs in time but if they don't sort a deal out with MS then I'll have to consider the Fanatec.

Shame that GT3 RS isn't 360 compatible.

I think this video is going to make life hard for GT fans with the physics rating. Also I thought these guys were sim racers, yet everytime you see a Forza clip they were rearending an opponent.:scared:

They did not rated physics in REALISM term. I think they gave Forza2 a nudge because it show all the specs for tires, springs, HO, RPM, etc etc.. GT5 should have same feature. Same thing for GRID they review, they knew its ARCADE game, but they still gave it pretty good score for PHYSICS. Just because it has high PHYSICS or LOW PHYSICS does not mean its SIM or not sim. I think they should add aspect like SIM feel.

I can't wait for RS review. Once I or someone else sees it first, we ganna post it on the Wheel Section.

But yeah I can't wait for 2 disc Forza 3 lol (well I am serious I will buy it) As well I cant wait for the GOD Kick butt game such as GT5!!!!

PS. This video is a "Wake up call" for PD and all the fans. For PD to include Damage, better Online, etc.. and for all the fans to keep writing wish lists for PD so that they HAVE to include it!! no Matter what the cost.

I think this video is going to make life hard for GT fans with the physics rating. Also I thought these guys were sim racers, yet everytime you see a Forza clip they were rearending an opponent.:scared:

Yea their replays look like bumper cars at the arcade. :crazy:

The one dude drives in chase-cam, and both of them have sloppy lines... And I LOL'd tons of times on the bumper cars in Forza... yet they say it has damage???

Those guys are tools, plain and simple.

Tool.. great band..

But Forza 2 does offer damage. sure its not 100 REAL! but its something that GT5P does not have.. they did good review.. They do not race in chase cam all the time, its only for the video..

But I think they rush the review a bit.. They should do lil research on their own apart form playing the game to find out GT5P even with half the features of Forza2, GT does offer more simulation feel.. But yeah they did good job on the VS

You cannot really judge a demo. Wait until the FULL GT5 game is out, then we can realistically compare the games.

Yeah just like they considered GRiD as a an arcade game they should consider GT5p as a prologue, because that is what it is.

I am sorry but I call BS on this video, "Forza's tracks have great elevation change and bumps". Yeah right! Forza tracks are almost as unrealistic as possible. The Nurburgring in Forza is like an ice skating rink. Also I love when they talk about damage the guy bumps into another car at like 100mph and nothing happens. In LFS or GTRE you would be dead.

I am lucky enough to have driven a Ford GT and and Evo STi and Forza 2 is not even close. Sure in Forza the tail steps out in the Ford GT but it is simply too fast. In GT5p the GT has weight and a real sense of presence. In Forza the GT is like all the other MR cars. It is not an easy car to control when the tail kicks out but is also just easy enough that person with only a couple years of driving experience can drive is pretty quickly (mind you nowhere near the limit). The STi I actually can't remember... oh well.

Look folks lets be honest, Forza 2 is a complete game, its got more cars than GT5p, more variety, more tuning, more options, much better online, just more content in general, the sound is about the same, but, GT despite peoples opinions has more realistic driving physics (I am sorry I just can't say Forza has more realistic physics. Sure GT5p has some weird physics flaws but in the end the cars just feel so much more alive and individual.), infinitely better graphics and it is a PROLOGUE!

Don't get me wrong I love Forza. It is a lot of fun to play and has great online but at the end of the day GT5p is just so much more engaging and rewarding. When you drive the Ford GTLM or Ferrari F40 without spinning out and at a fast pace you really feel like what you just did was a serious challenge and took a lot of skill. In Forza I feel like anybody could have done what I did.

The one dude drives in chase-cam, and both of them have sloppy lines... And I LOL'd tons of times on the bumper cars in Forza... yet they say it has damage???

Those guys are tools, plain and simple.

To be honest, in Forza, it helps to run chase cam, because the sense of speed is terrible. You could be going at 140 and it feels like 50. I can't tell you how many times I've destroyed Enzos and 911s in Forza by understeering into a wall. Chase cam helps so much...

No. Compare to Forza 2 you feel nothing in GTP. Same about simulation level.

Both are great games though, but in different ways. Must have for every racing game lovers

What? In GT5P lets take MR car and high speed turn, lift off.. and you spin out.. In Forza2 you just slow down...

And yeah did you try force feedback on Forza2? its crap.. I bet you don't even play GT5P with a wheel.

By the way guys. Yeah it's uneven VS video.. So I would recomend you go to SRT youtube page and complain there.. ;) I think I will close the thread soon if we don't act in adult manners

What? In GT5P lets take MR car and high speed turn, lift off.. and you spin out.. In Forza2 you just slow down...

I did. Clio V6, Elise, NSX - not gonna happen. You don't feel much difference with FR how they drive, and in Forza you sure do.

Also you don't feel traction and limits in GTP at all, especially while braking. Are the wheels locking at the moment or not - nobody knows and doesn't affect driving too much.

Turn10 didn't use just Pacejka magic formula for tire physics as all PC simulators do, they weren't satisfied with real life tests and in addition worked with Toyo tire engineers. Tire physics in Forza 2 is interpolation of real life data. In my opinion it has the best car feeling between all racing games, cars are alive, you really feel the traction.

BTW, Forza 2 physics use 10.000 parameters for each car, and this is excluding tire physics

otago, I really don't think you know what you're talking about...

Agreed. Here's a little test for you, otago. Take the Ferrari F40. Take it to Suzuka, default settings, no tune. Try braking and turning at the same time. You'll spin out. There's your MR car, your MR response in GT5P. However, if you manipulate the throttle enough and keep your steering light, you just might be able to navigate around the turns properly. That's how you have to run the F40 in GT5P. With Forza, though, you can just lift off, brake while youre turning... and go through just fine. If you're talking about damage modeling, modifying cars, and telemetry, Forza is better by far. But if you're talking about realistic driving....

Agreed. Here's a little test for you, otago. Take the Ferrari F40. Take it to Suzuka, default settings, no tune. Try braking and turning at the same time. You'll spin out. There's your MR car, your MR response in GT5P. However

Dude, I'm driving Ford GT in GTP braking almost to the ground in every 90 degrees turn. And this car in GTP is barely holding on the road, so the grip must be very thin and every in turn braking must ruin the car completely.

But it doesn't

its so obvius that forza 2 was going to win..
forza 2 is packed with so much more stuff ,, and i have to say when forza 2 came out for sale i was hooked infront of my tv for months..
cant say i have experienced the same for the gt5 p..
i could have been playing gt5p more if i had more choice in what type of race i wanted to race my self..online

Dude, I'm driving Ford GT in GTP braking almost to the ground in every 90 degrees turn. And this car in GTP is barely holding on the road, so the grip must be very thin and every in turn braking must ruin the car completely.

But it doesn't

Are you using a sixaxis? Probably, because when I did, I had to brake extra too, especially in the GT. With a wheel, the braking is much more responsive and the steering is more precise.

Well its more-so the fact thats its been almost scripture that forza's physics are laughable at best... now all the sudden its SUPER REALISTIC?

Ya... right.

You cannot really judge a demo. Wait until the FULL GT5 game is out, then we can realistically compare the games.

offcourse you can judge grand turismo 5 P...
they have shiped it and people have bought it then you cant call it a demo
demo is free
gt5p issent

And Professional Physics mode?

Hmm Weather effects, Damage, day night cycles, and livery/pain editor will bring GT5 to number one SPOT for racing game for consoles.

Sure you can't compare DEMO to FULL game, but hey they made some good points.. once GT5 will be out, I bet Forza 3 will be too.. Lets see what they will say then.

Forza aside, Shift is also looking like it will give both a run for their money, as long as it's more sim than arcade. PD had better smell the coffee in the morning, cause unless they up their game in features, GT is destined to be left in the dust of more full featured racing games.

I've been willing to overlook all the missing elements of a racing game for years with GT, satisfied in it being a damn good driving simulator. But racing has damage, equipment failures, tire wear, and weather.

I can't speak of Forza 2's driving physics, but judging from other games I've played, GT gives me the best real world feel. After driving GT for several hours, and then hop into my real car, my mind can't tell the difference. I think GT can actually make you a better driver in the real world, which is something I seriously doubt can be said about any other console racer.

When I load up Gran Turismo, I want to drive; when I load up Grid, I want to play. It's a vast difference, Gran Turismo is for drivers, everything else is just a game; IMHO.

Back