Inside Sim Racing video. GT5P vs Forza 2 Now with new 2nd video!!!!

• Thread starter Kryz11
  • 301 comments

Rate the "VS"

• No Rating: There should be no comparison one is full game one is not.. etc please explain in full.

Votes: 47 54.7%
  • 1 Stars

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • 2 Stars

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • 3 Stars

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • 4Stars

• 5 Stars

• Total voters
Just out of interest, what is that in terms of GMT?

edit,

ah it's now 14:07 EST, I suppose...

EST is -5 hours GMT

so 8:30ET = 01:30 GMT

edit: but its now EDT which is GMT -4 hours so 8:30 EDT = 00:30 GMT

Ok guys, break out your NTSC discs and lets race the SRT people. They should be coming to the race chat around 8:30 EST to do some Expert Suzuka 550pp RWD.

heres the quotes:

:lol: I'll be in the chat around that time. I just hope they show. :) I guess I'll have to work on getting a FAST car tuned as I've been driving slower cars around Suzuka that are only capable of 17-18 second laps. The Clio should do the job :sly:

:lol: I'll be in the chat around that time. I just hope they show. :) I guess I'll have to work on getting a FAST car tuned as I've been driving slower cars around Suzuka that are only capable of 17-18 second laps. The Clio should do the job :sly:

:lol:

Hope you lap them :lol:

I just want to shoot down their ignorance to be honest, as they had some comments that implied that even the best of the GT5P/PS3 community is not all that talented when it comes driving skills. How can you say that when we've had two drivers that were chosen from GT Academy and went on to race in the 24 hours of Dubai, along side a former Formula 1 driver Johnny Herbert. We probably have a lot more that are just as talented as those two who haven't gotten a shot, at least yet. Not to mention the fact that we have some truly exceptional (even here on GTP) Time Trial'ist such as Holl01, who are capable of putting in a lap that is as near perfect or ideal as you're ever going to see :lol: I guess ignorance truly is bliss in this case, as they will get a taste tonight :)

Last edited:
Im not a expert,but I have driven laguna seca several times in forza 2.
Hrm... I guess I stand corrected. I suppose in fairness, I should do a shootout of my own on the two Lagunas between Forza 2 on the 360, and the venerable Gran Turismo 4 on the PLAYSTATION 2!! :lol: Seriously, pitting a last generation PS2 game against one of the best on a console about ten times as powerful is a huge testament to Kaz and the lads, and what they've accomplished four years ago. It's also a testament to how cheap M$ is at offering a rather shoddy proprietary force feedback wheel in comparison to the stellar Driving Force GT which I'll be using. I could compare the two Nurburgrings, but that would make Forza 2 embarrassed.

Next generation oversteer and super grippy tires vs previous generation understeer, should be fun. Maybe this weekend. In the meantime, I might just have to hop on and join this evening's competition.

Why don't you tell us how accurate the Nurburgring Nordschleife is in both games. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JSrm83uPKo

exact 1:1 copy of same view in Forza 2.

Just for info: all real world tracks in Forza 2 were measured on both sides with modern GPS, subfoot horizontal and less than 5 inches vertical precision. Also major objects along the road like trees were measured as well. Plus thousands of photos and videos were made for each track.

Last edited:
simracingtonight ~
......If a new company came out with a "Prologue" they would not be able to sell it and make 90 million dollars on it.

I don't care what word they put ont he title, it's a full game. Thats our opinion.. Sorry.. We wish they came out with more tracks, thats all thats really missing. Damage has never been in a GT title.

It's a little nit-picky natch, but GT2 did in fact have damage modeling, just nothing visual.
options7ja.jpg

So really they were amongst the 1st to do console damage simulation (GT2 released in the US in 11/23/99), don't know why they gave up after GT2 though :confused:.

Only differance were more in cars like the Lotus, Forza mess up big time there.. but hey even GT5P is still missing some notes ;)

Forza 2 mess up Lotus sound for sure. Probably because all sound for Forza 2 was recorded in real life? LOL

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/screen-hires/60302/Forza-Motorsport-2/

Dude, Turn10 are serious guys in simulation business, and Polyphony just made the first game which has any connection to reality. GT4 had nothing to do with any real.

I enjoy GTP driving same as Forza, but I believe Turn10 more if you are talking about "real"

Just for info: all real world tracks in Forza 2 were measured on both sides with modern GPS, subfoot horizontal and less than 5 inches vertical precision. Also major objects along the road like trees were measured as well. Plus thousands of photos and videos were made for each track.

I prefer to use this video as a reference when people doubt GT's accuracy (I love the whole video but one of my favorite spots is around 1:48-2:00 but specifically right at 1:55-2:00)

And that is with a 4.5 year old "console" game played on a near 10 year old system now! Yes GT doesn't have crash modeling (yet ;)) but when it comes to DRIVING PHYSICS there are people who are sorely mistaken in their underestimations of GT's representation of reality.

Last edited:
Great video. I think the best part about GT4 was the tracks. Each one felt and looked so real. I always watch the ring videos (GTR, Viper, Vette etc) and it is shocking how close GT4's Nurburgring is to real life. Sure the physics were a bit off but thats what GT5 is for.

I have another bullet for the stupid Forza vs GT argument.
You do not see this kind of news for Forza. If real life race car drivers us GT to learn track layouts and braking points then what more do you want? ISR get a grip.

Yes GT doesn't have crash modeling (yet ;)) but when it comes to DRIVING PHYSICS there are people who are sorely mistaken in their underestimations of GT's representation of reality.

There is no way to say which one is more real: GT5 Prologue or any other driving sim, but talking about GT4 - this is the worst driving game with label "simulator" ever created.

You know why there was no telemetry in GT4? Because there was nothing to show, the game didn't calculate even the very basic car physics at all. Enthusia was a way more close to reality.

As for me I don't care about reality too much, cause nobody knows how is driving real sport car on real track. GTP has a great feeling and the only one game which can compete with it is Forza (if MS finally release some good racing wheel or allow to use Logitech wheels)

I think every educated member of this forum knows that nothing compares to real life and that until we hit a paradigm shift in gaming and how we interact with media nothing ever will. The point of GT is to get as close as possible, to "simulate" the experience maybe not the exact act itself. In my view GT does a commendable job. The PS3 graphic capabilities eliminate any visual distractions and the physics continue to evolve and improve. The great part about GT5 is probably going to be the mere fact that the PS3 is connected to the internet. Like in GT5p if there are problem PD will take note and action to fix them (hopefully).

But by a mile the biggest difference between GT5p and Forza 2 is that GT5p captures the soul of each car. When I step into a Ford GT I know its a Ford GT. The weight, the power delivery, the grip levels, the tenancies to over/understeer and of course the noise. When I step into an Audi R8 I know its an Audi R8. The stability, the grip, the precise turning, understeers but is more than happy to kick the tale out given enough input and again the noise. The M3 and the ISF are distinctly different. When I am in a Ferrari I know it is a Ferrari. Forza 2 does not have this. Each car feels the same. Sure some are faster, some corner hard, and some slide around more but they lack that little extra bit of character that GT somehow manages to capture. And it is that character that makes cars so special. Its hard to describe but, the best way is to say, when I get in the Ford GT in GT5p I do not want to stop driving. In Forza 2 I just don't get that urge. Not to mention the fact, sometimes in GT5p I will actually stop my car to look at the tracks and just how amazingly detailed they are.

(If I am onto something (or on something) about GT let me know because I did not realize this until just now. This soul is what makes GT so great. And is not true that the cars with the biggest "souls" are the most fun to drive? Is it not true that these cars make you feel alive? Well at least that is what I felt when I drove a real Ford GT.) (I think I need to cut back on my influential substances????)

Then they lied about doing it on the Nurburgring. It's the exact same flawed too wide too flat track as Forza 1, except the bumper boundaries weren't the size of sofa cushions. ;)

Give it up, otago. I know Forza 2 is a good game, and that you really really REALLY love it, but their Nurb is a joke. We have photos of real life cars on the Nordshleife, and cars on it in Forza 2, and in FM2 the cars look like scale models in comparison. GT4 is reputed to have the best model of the Nurb other than some PC racer.

Then they lied about doing it on the Nurburgring. It's the exact same flawed too wide too flat track as Forza 1, except the bumper boundaries weren't the size of sofa cushions. ;)

I just posted a video above. Go to Forza 2 and find any difference.

And forget about PC racers. You know, when two or three guys making a game without any money, they don't have too much options about realism like go to real tracks, testing real cars or whatever.

The only one PC racing developers team which has budget and around 50 people is Simbin, the rest don't have money even to get real cars in game

Don't get me wrong, I'm a secret Forza fan but, when I was a active member of Turn 10's forum, I remember them saying Nurburgring was enlarged to allow better racing. Back to me being a secret Forza fan, there is just things that Forza does for me (I won't go into details) but, Gran Turismo always pulls me back from my sin with its ability to immerse into the game.

I just posted a video above. Go to Forza 2 and find any difference.

And forget about PC racers. You know, when two or three guys making a game without any money, they don't have too much options about realism like go to real tracks, testing real cars or whatever.

The only one PC racing developers team which has budget and around 50 people is Simbin, the rest don't have money even to get real cars in game

Yeah but funny how somehow RACE CARS don't really give me any good feedback.. IDK Never rode a race car before.. its just a car with stiffer suspension and slicks.. right? Only few people know if SIMBIN is making realistic physics or not.. everyone else says its realistic becasue it looks and feel real.. yeah right.. to me GTA4 driving a car feels right, looks good.. is that a sim? no.. Only good sim racer I can think of its the iRacing, yet still improving physics, it has real TRACKS.. so thats an exception.

Look At games like Forza 2, GT5P. Those guys go out and test out real life cars.. we (players) we drive cars every damn day in our lives, so we do know how they handle and feel, sure many of use don't push it to the limit, but even read a car review, they say if it understeers or over steers, grip levels.. etc and you can compare it with FZ2 or GT5P. Who goes out and reviews race cars? NO ONE! or at least that i never herd off. So yeah PC Race Car SIM racers really I do not consider them a SIMULATOR because only few people really know if it's real or not.

we drive cars every damn day in our lives, so we do know how they handle and feel, sure many of use don't push it to the limit

Under the limit all cars drive same. So I was driving latest Eclipse a lot, but have no idea is it real in games or not. It stands firm at 60 mph in almost every turn and public roads are definitely not the best place to check how the car spins at 80 mph.

So all I can say it has too much power for FWD when you start from traffic lights and has a huge turning radius. Nice sport seats and suspension as well. LOL

Does it understeer or oversteer and how, from public road driving you will never find out

Heh... you must be joking or trolling.

I've been big GT-fan for years, but I did get frustrated about waiting and waiting, and finally bought second-hand gaming PC, so I could spend rest of waiting in good racing-sim.

I'm really surpised how much more realistic example iRacing is, than GT5P in every way. Only graphics loose, but it has never been top-five in my priorities. Console-sims needs to improve massively, if they wanted to be even close in realism to some PC-sims.

Sad to say, but I'm sceptic will that jump to 'hardcore realism' ever happen in console section. Most of casual players aint so realism freaks like some of us, and manufacturers most important mission in the end is, keeping casuals happy and making money.

Thanks to PD about their lack in everything... without too long delay, and terrible way to handle customer relations, I would never even considered to buy a PC! 👍
Now I'm wondering why I was so stupid that I never before did that... my gaming PC cost half than my PS3.

Since when are PC racers made by three guys in a basement? nfs is a pc racer, rfactor, ARCA, GTR, all legit in one way or another.

In all fairness, I don't think he's trolling. But you never know...

I've been big GT-fan for years, but I did get frustrated about waiting and waiting, and finally bought second-hand gaming PC, so I could spend rest of waiting in good racing-sim.

I'm really surpised how much more realistic example iRacing is, than GT5P in every way. Only graphics loose, but it has never been top-five in my priorities. Console-sims needs to improve massively, if they wanted to be even close in realism to some PC-sims.

They are totally different in all respects. Console games are usually intended to show off the capabilities, so more time and money are spent on developing car and track models, frame rates, replays, etc. In addition, consoles have become tools of the casual gamer, as most hardcore gamers go PC. That's why you find the most honest-to-god real-life racing sims for the PC only.

Sad to say, but I'm sceptic will that jump to 'hardcore realism' ever happen in console section. Most of casual players aint so realism freaks like some of us, and manufacturers most important mission in the end is, keeping casuals happy and making money.

Honestly, the only way to get "hardcore realism" is to go to a racetrack and drive a car really fast without wrecking it. And not all of us are realism freaks all the time... I like a good arcade game once in a while... :sly:

Now I'm wondering why I was so stupid that I never before did that... my gaming PC cost half than my PS3.

Where did you get it? I want one...

Under the limit all cars drive same. So I was driving latest Eclipse a lot, but have no idea is it real in games or not. It stands firm at 60 mph in almost every turn and public roads are definitely not the best place to check how the car spins at 80 mph.

So all I can say it has too much power for FWD when you start from traffic lights and has a huge turning radius. Nice sport seats and suspension as well. LOL

Does it understeer or oversteer and how, from public road driving you will never find out

Well yeah of course, I did mention not many test their car out to max.. you can always go to a race track, test it out for few laps.. But mostly you can read any online or car magazine on how the car performs. Some reviews give you specs.. 0-60, Max G-forces before loosing Grip, How they feel about suspension , etc.. There is always bit more proof then Race car feel.

And since SimBin, and other car games sometimes put a street car, how come it's way better in GT5.. Best example is GTR Evolution. They have R8 (which they say its RWD) They have a vipper, etc.. then try it out in GT5P, wow its like really driving a true to life car in GT5P, in GTR Evo you have sensation you are still in RACE car, not too much feel on when the car is under or over steering.. etc. I jump in a car in GTR EVO, I can just fly with almost any car, its so easy, in GT5 its really challenging to keep the car stable yet have decent lap time. If real life was so easy, should we all be race car drivers?

Only game I need to try out is iRacing, that game I bet it's better then Gran Turismo, because they have a lot of race car experience, real life laser scan tracks so it adds ton of realism, as well I hear it's still not perfect for physics but so far its one of best.

Last edited:

Well, let's get to basis. There is some fictional RWD car in say LFS, and how you are going to check is it real or not, if there are like hundreds real RWD cars and all drive different?

So what do you mean "real"?

Best example is GTR Evolution.

All cars in Simbin games are FIA GT or WTCC, which means highly modified.

WTCC BMW 320 is 1.5 times lighter and 1.5 times more powerful compare to stock BMW 320, and I even don't talk here about modified suspension and so on.

Nobody knows how WTCC BMW 320 drives, and this is true about every car in every Simbin game

Where did you get it? I want one...

I did go to some PC-nerdie sites, and followed few days their 'on-sale' section. Like in every hobby, most hardcore users always want to own hottest equipments... so I bought some WoW-freaks old gaming PC, cause he was starting to build new one.

Those guys have their own links for buying good stuff to their machines, so the final costs for monster PC's are quite cheap compared to 'PC-stores'.

My machine has one year old 'Dual Core Processor', 'Nvidia 8800GT', and it's 'overclocked' :dunce: ...dont ask what that means, but it runs iRacing 140-220fps, depending how many opponents is on track. My graphic setups are in highest level, only 'extra shadows' and 'far terrain' are disabled.

I paid 250€ about it.

Yeah but funny how somehow RACE CARS don't really give me any good feedback.. IDK Never rode a race car before.. its just a car with stiffer suspension and slicks.. right? Only few people know if SIMBIN is making realistic physics or not.. everyone else says its realistic becasue it looks and feel real.. yeah right.. to me GTA4 driving a car feels right, looks good.. is that a sim? no.. Only good sim racer I can think of its the iRacing, yet still improving physics, it has real TRACKS.. so thats an exception.
You are so clueless, it's not even funny. Just because the majority hasn't driven the cars in GTR means it actually has a chance of not being get real?

Then that goes double for Gran Turismo. 99% of us have never driven all the cars in it, so how we can say it's realistic?

Your double standard rule is a bunch of hogwash, esp. when race car drivers have given credit to both GT & GTR.

And what's this about real tracks? Last I checked, every single track in GTR was a real world circuit. GT can't say the same.

Look At games like Forza 2, GT5P. Those guys go out and test out real life cars.. we (players) we drive cars every damn day in our lives, so we do know how they handle and feel, sure many of use don't push it to the limit, but even read a car review, they say if it understeers or over steers, grip levels.. etc and you can compare it with FZ2 or GT5P. Who goes out and reviews race cars? NO ONE! or at least that i never herd off. So yeah PC Race Car SIM racers really I do not consider them a SIMULATOR because only few people really know if it's real or not.
More garbage coming from you. Because you haven't driven them, their realism must now be questioned and yet, you've never driven half of the cars in GT, and you credit it. Have you ever driven a Lamborghini GTR? I highly doubt so, yet you give credit to Forza 2 as a simulator.

Your stupidity is amazing when an easy google search will show many of the men on SimBin's team are/were former race car drivers. Polyphony probably is nowhere near the same.

Here's a hint. Don't talk about GTR or any other PC Simulator's realism until you actually have a clue about their development & whose behind the game. 👎
Well yeah of course, I did mention not many test their car out to max.. you can always go to a race track, test it out for few laps.. But mostly you can read any online or car magazine on how the car performs. Some reviews give you specs.. 0-60, Max G-forces before loosing Grip, How they feel about suspension , etc.. There is always bit more proof then Race car feel.
Here's a simple reason as to why race cars aren't reviewed.

They are generally not available to the public, so the public really has no interest how the seating is, or how stiff the ride is. All the public cares about is when do they get to see it race. Second off, race teams all carry different setups. There's absolutely zero sense in reviewing a car that can be re-adjusted and drive different from the same exact car owned by a different team.
And since SimBin, and other car games sometimes put a street car, how come it's way better in GT5.. Best example is GTR Evolution. They have R8 (which they say its RWD) They have a vipper, etc.. then try it out in GT5P, wow its like really driving a true to life car in GT5P, in GTR Evo you have sensation you are still in RACE car, not too much feel on when the car is under or over steering.. etc. I jump in a car in GTR EVO, I can just fly with almost any car, its so easy, in GT5 its really challenging to keep the car stable yet have decent lap time. If real life was so easy, should we all be race car drivers?
Have you driven a Viper in real life to the same limits as GT5? If not, how do you know its like the real thing? You have no experience, yet you claim it's more realistic? Once again, your double standard rules are absurd.

Only game I need to try out is iRacing, that game I bet it's better then Gran Turismo, because they have a lot of race car experience, real life laser scan tracks so it adds ton of realism, as well I hear it's still not perfect for physics but so far its one of best.
Simbin has race car experience. All their data also comes from the racing teams. Their tracks are again, also real.

Last edited:
So what do you mean "real"?

I've owned many different RWD's in past eighteen years, and first ten years I did drive them 'to limits' in every condition from ice to hot-tarmac. It's only miracle that I'm here to typing these answers.

I dont care is car in sim acting just like it's real-life model... but if it's acting familiar to me, I can get my adrenaline-fixes and that's why I race. I have family and friends, so I cant do 'night-racing' anymore, so sim-racing is my subutex.

Latest Posts

Back