Instagram Post Reveals Pagani Zonda Coming to GT Sport

My girlfriend disconnected my PS3 and put it in storage while I was traveling, otherwise I’d fire up GT6 again and take the Zonda for a spin around Spa!
Mine died with the GT6 disk stuck inside it :indiff:, I had to do some serious dismatling to get the disk out and then never replaced the PS3 anyway.

I'd prefer a few of everything... the Zonda R in Group 3... the Huayra in N800 etc.

Maybe the classic Zonda LM car.
Zonda R is too good for gr.3 class. It has the performance of gr.2 cars but lets be honest Zonda R doesnt belong to gr.2. So It would be in gr.x class probably.

Had a feeling it would be taken down:
So I screenshot it
View attachment 771085
Thank you ! The sound recording installation is impressive, don't know if every car has the same attention ?
Looking at the wheel stuff, I guess they want more than the motor sound in neutral, but with gears engaged, transmission noise, etc... ?
The two big pipes must be here to evacuate exhaust gaz ?

In light of this recent news, I decided to fire up my PS3 after I got back my copy of GT6 which I lent to a friend. Thankfully, my old capture setup still works, so I was able to record some footage and get it up quickly.

As for those wondering about the viability of the Zonda LM in Gr.3 class, here's what I got using the Nurburgring GP as a benchmark circuit

Obviously, the specs of the Zonda LM are overkill against the entire Gr.3 roster, so I went ahead and applied a "Mock BoP" just so it could have a similar pace. I forgot what my numbers were, I believe it was around 540hp and 1270kg but I forgot to note them down because I was rushing to get footage from other cars. Speed around the corners is pretty good, I could get it down to the 1:56 mark but the Zonda is proving to be squirrelly in low-speed corners. Final lap time is 1:57.187

EDIT: I should point out that, for some reason, the replay fails to count the last few milliseconds in the lap time. I don't know why, but other than that the replay program in GT6 is working as intended.

Last edited:
Zonda R is too good for gr.3 class. It has the performance of gr.2 cars but lets be honest Zonda R doesnt belong to gr.2. So It would be in gr.x class probably.
The Zonda R could fit in Group 1.

If you guys believe the Zonda R would fit into Gr.1 or Gr.2 you are seriously mis-remembering that car. It was one of my favorites tuned to 600pp back in the day, so I know it better than most. It would be competitive in Gr.3 and that's it. It has nowhere near the amount of df needed for 2/1.

It would be so fitting if the Zonda R was that one car in Gr.3 that’s BoP’d to be faster than anything else in a straight line, but the handling is garbage so only incredibly skilled people can take advantage of it. I think that would be great.

A Zonda R will either end up like the Vulcan in N800 or end up in Gr.X as it doesn't conform to any racing specs. The only proper racing Zonda that would have even a modicum of a chance of getting in Gr.3 would be the Zonda GR.
ct_600x400_6f12-herbeck_osl_01.jpg

A Zonda R will either end up like the Vulcan in N800 or end up in Gr.X as it doesn't conform to any racing specs. The only proper racing Zonda that would have even a modicum of a chance of getting in Gr.3 would be the Zonda GR.
ct_600x400_6f12-herbeck_osl_01.jpg
This has to happen.

Zonda r in gr,3 or gr,4 are you kidding. Its way to fast for those classes its more of a track day car like Ferrari fxxk. It would destroy Any of the gr,3 or 4 vehicles

From what I understand, GR3 is similar to GT3, and if that's the case the Zonda R doesn't fit there, it would absolutely dominate to the point nothing else would have a chance.

Well although it dosen't concern me ill try to explaing first of the the zonda R is not allowed in races because its designed outside of any regulations like the Porsche 919 Evo etc and as GT Sport works around these strict set of rules it won't happen . As an example the Zonda R posted a 6.47 at the Nurburgring the fastest GT3 car posted a 7.12 thats a 25 second difference! and no amount of BOP can't bring that down enough also the fictional cars are made with GT3 class regulations in mind so that point fails completely.

Zonda R is too good for gr.3 class. It has the performance of gr.2 cars but lets be honest Zonda R doesnt belong to gr.2.
No.

GT3 cars are, and have been for some time, faster around the Nordschleife than the Zonda R.

The Zonda R completed a lap of the nordschleife in 6:47.

GT3 cars can complete a lap of the Nordshleife in roughly 6:30 in a qualifying setting.
See here:

Vanthoor enters the Nordscheife at 1:54 in the video and passes near the same point at 8:23 after running a near full lap of the Nordschelife. That's a time difference of 6:29. If we generously add 3-4 seconds to offset the short section the GT3 Porsche didn't cover, that's a lap of 6:32 or 6:33. Much quicker than the Zonda R. You'll derive almost the same numbers (a second or two slower) if you look at Estre's lap from 2014 so it's not a recent phenomenon that GT3 have eclipsed the Zonda R time by a sizeable margin.

Last edited:
No.

GT3 cars are, and have been for some time, faster around the Nordschleife than the Zonda R.

GT3 cars can complete a lap of the Nordshleife in roughly 6:30 in a qualifying setting.
See here:

Vanthoor enters the Nordscheife at 1:54 in the video and passes near the same point at 8:23 after running a near full lap of the Nordschelife. That's a time difference of 6:29. If we generously add 3-4 seconds to offset the short section the GT3 Porsche didn't cover, that's a lap of 6:32 or 6:33. Much quicker than the Zonda R. You'll derive almost the same numbers (a second or two slower) if you look at Estre's lap from 2014 so it's not a recent phenomenon that GT3 have eclipsed the Zonda R time by a sizeable margin.

That's an interesting comparison, but a single time extrapolated from a lap around a different layout doesn't work. I get your reasonning, but you can't really compare a GT3 qualifying lap, no doubt on much softer compounds than the Zonda R's lap on it's normal tyres (Pirelli P Zero's), which was also done on a different layout. It's also just a single track.

If we want to make an assumption based on a single lap around a more balanced track than the Nordschliefe (which as great as it is, it isn't a balanced track at all) the Zonda R did a lap at Top Gears Dunsfold test track and set a time of 1,08.5 which was slightly faster than the Aston Martin DBR9 which set a 1,08.6, the Aston however being a GT1 spec car.

Maybe you're right though, to be honest I'd never compared the Ring laps that way, so that is interesting, I'm just not convinced that, that alone proves your point. I do know the Zonda has narrower tyres than the Vantage GT3, and the tyres it runs with are Pirelli P Zero's, that could prove the difference on some tracks. Bear in mind though in a race with qualifying, the car would be wearing tyres appropriate to the situation.

Last edited:
No.

See here:

Its only a single track also zonda r used its standart compounds.

Anyway Zonda r should not belong to gr.3 since its not a gt3 car anyway.

That's an interesting comparison, but a single time extrapolated from a lap around a different layout doesn't work.
It does. The track the Zonda R posted a time at and the track Estre circled in 2014 is exactly the same track (unlike the 2018 laps, which occurred after substantial re-surfacing and smoothing of bumps in 2016 and 2017). There's also many more other laps that similar times can be derived from (from VLN events). It's well known in motorsport circles that GT3 cars are close to 6:30 times around the Nordscheliefe, that's not really up for debate.

If you want to shift the comparison to the fastest GT3 race times, add 10 seconds to each lap, which are still many seconds quicker than the Zonda's time. But then you're comparing times on either high fuel or on worn tires to the Zonda's clear track time attack, so that's not completely fair either.
It's also just a single track.
It's the only track where a direct comparison can be made.
If we want to make an assumption based on a single lap around a more balanced track than the Nordschliefe (which as great as it is, it isn't a balanced track at all) the Zonda R did a lap at Top Gears Dunsfold test track and set a time of 1,08.5 which was slightly faster than the Aston Martin DBR9 which set a 1,08.6, the Aston however being a GT1 spec car.
Interestingly, if we compare the DBR9's times with GT3 times on tracks that have not changed in layout since 2005, GT3 cars have marginally eclipsed the DBR9 on several circuits (Nurburgring GP-strecke, Donington, Hungaroring), though not quite at power tracks like Monza where the DBR9 retains an advantage.

I do know the Zonda has narrower tyres than the Vantage GT3, and the tyres it runs with are Pirelli P Zero's, that could prove the difference on some tracks. Bear in mind though in a race with qualifying, the car would be wearing tyres appropriate to the situation.
also zonda r used its standart compounds.
As far as I can find, the Zonda R uses 325 rears (like a typical GT3 car), though with narrower fronts, and the tires used on the nurb record run were slicks. More than just a single tire construction, P Zero is a term used to tie-in Pirelli's performance tire range (you can see the branding on even their F1 tires), and I can't find any evidence that the Zonda R set any of its "record" laps on street P Zero tires.

As far as tire advantage, I have no idea how the Zonda R's special slicks compare to 2014 VLN/Nurb24 slicks, so I won't speculate on it.

Regardless, I'm quite confident that the Zonda R isn't a step up in performance on GT3 cars, if it is quicker at all.

Last edited:
Back