Intercontinental GT500 Championship Season Two | Race 6 @ Tokyo | **SIGNUPS OPEN**

  • Thread starter Thread starter Arkano5
  • 1,084 comments
  • 53,120 views
I am suggesting for upcoming season to be less tolerance towards accidents and corner cutting...

i also would like to see some stewards, or even people who park there car at the chicanes to prevent short cuts in qualy.

Instead of having people park at a chicane we could do lone qualifying where everyone stays in the lobby and only one person goes out on track at a time and does 1 or 2 flying laps with the other people spectating to check the lap is clean and write down their lap time then they leave the track and the next person goes out?
Just an idea.

Btw, I'll be there tonight.
 
Coming home now hold race if necessary please
 
****ing piece of a ****** track. Can't stand it anymore after 9 laps and spinning a number of times.

I'm glad this ****** track is not in the official calendar.

Edit: The start was also ****ed up. Everyone skipped frames, crashed into the first corner and one person hit me from the back.
 
Last edited:
Never racing on Deep Forest again, there is just no grip at all even on soft tyres making the car oversteer in the corners even with what is supposed to be an understeery setup and the only way for me to combat that is to either up the rear toe wrecking my tyre wear or slow down a lot for turns and lose about 1 to 2 seconds per lap. After putting on the hard tyres and it was a constant spin fest. :(
Also the start was really laggy, I seen two Calsonic GTR's in my mirror jumping all over the place causing havoc at turn 1, I don't know who it was because I was too far ahead to see the names.
 
Well that went, badly.

My race was actually fine, just everything before was a shambles. Pretty disappointed to be honest. Had a good fight with fork at the end there too.

Next week we'll go back to the old setup, except this time we'll add in ballast before qualifying so we don't get so much confusing and retardedness.
 
Never racing on Deep Forest again, there is just no grip at all even on soft tyres making the car oversteer in the corners even with what is supposed to be an understeery setup and the only way for me to combat that is to either up the rear toe wrecking my tyre wear or slow down a lot for turns and lose about 1 to 2 seconds per lap. After putting on the hard tyres and it was a constant spin fest. :(
Also the start was really laggy, I seen two Calsonic GTR's in my mirror jumping all over the place causing havoc at turn 1, I don't know who it was because I was too far ahead to see the names.

well what do you expect, I used the entire week to set up my car, you get online 30minutes before it start.. just a tip, if you going to race the gt-r you need to set it up for each race.. with care, time consuming idd if you dont have a setup ready for each track.

I had absolutely no problems with traction on hard.
 
well what do you expect, I used the entire week to set up my car, you get online 30minutes before it start.. just a tip, if you going to race the gt-r you need to set it up for each race.. with care, time consuming idd if you dont have a setup ready for each track.

I had absolutely no problems with traction on hard.

Same, I actually think its one of the grippiest tracks in the game!?

irev was the culprit for ruining mine and others starts, can't have someone lagging like that again, it should have been restarted really.

Didn't have a clue what you were trying to do with the start Ark you mad man.:scared:

Not good racing or replay as there was not many overtakes or battles, it just felt out of place racing GT500 cars on there!

Madrid will be bad too, trust me!

We need to have a proper 2 lap race before quali when everyone is in to see if anyone has issues!
 
What was the Pole lap time?
 
well what do you expect, I used the entire week to set up my car, you get online 30minutes before it start.. just a tip, if you going to race the gt-r you need to set it up for each race.. with care, time consuming idd if you dont have a setup ready for each track.

I had absolutely no problems with traction on hard.

I did a bit of practice in the week although it wasn't much. I've never had any problems with a GT-R oversteering or even sliding on any other track before, it has always understeered for me and usually has plenty of traction.
 
I had a decent race, I somehow got through the 1st corner unharmed but after that I couldn't overtake anyone too easy. Erik made a ridiculous move at the last corner which potentially cost him the race after he slowed down for me and I ran into the back of him because I'm that stupid. I slowed down at the end to avoid success ballast (thats my story and I'm sticking to it)
 
No one likes me, everyone who gets behind me retires. No wonder i am always on the last place :yuck:

Qually didn't went well for me. First i was on the wrong tyres, then i did a decent lap for 6th place. but then came behind Arkano and could't use my fresh tyres, after some new tyres Joey ruined my flying lap which was 0.8secs quicker halfway. Plz everyone if you are done go away from the track and do not play around.

But WTF are you guys doing between qualy & race...that was awfull. in all frustration i hit the wrong buttons. then somehow we started whit me on pole and then there was Irev-tt who's K.O. everyone at the start whit extreme lag. (I want Irev-tt and Falcon to check there internet speeds or someting) GP was leaving i wanted to do the same, glad i stayed but it was no fun. Lucky we having a pre-season.

i could end up 5th if i did't do some mistakes. but i ruined it at some periods in the race.
sorry Roy & Arkano for crashing in to you. I crashed in the second last turn and was passenger in my own car. i knew Roy was coming but i couldn't do anything. On the straight I was heavily damaged and knew Arkano was behind me so i moved nicely to the left, but then my wheel kicks to the right (at its own) when my damage disappeared. at that exact moment Arkano came next to me and we collided.
 
Last edited:
What was the Pole lap time?

1.06.995 I think.

How the hell he makes that Lexus so fast is a mystery, especially as its considered the slowest of the GT500 cars:confused:

^Yes Joey and Kyaw what was with getting in everyones way during quali?
 
1.06.995 I think.

How the hell he makes that Lexus so fast is a mystery, especially as its considered the slowest of the GT500 cars:confused:

^Yes Joey and Kyaw what was with getting in everyones way during quali?

oh yeah, actually Erik did win the race, congratz. since lexus is not allowed?
 
oh yeah, actually Erik did win the race, congratz. since lexus is not allowed?

Another 2nd for me Yay!

No, I think its allowed as you can tell now if stage3 is being used, although he is not even signed up so he still loses lol.
Plus he never turns up to races!

Arkano I'll be one of the stewards if it helps?
 
Last edited:
I had a decent race, I somehow got through the 1st corner unharmed but after that I couldn't overtake anyone too easy. Erik made a ridiculous move at the last corner which potentially cost him the race after he slowed down for me and I ran into the back of him because I'm that stupid. I slowed down at the end to avoid success ballast (thats my story and I'm sticking to it)

lol, in the heat of the moment I could bet it was enough space there, but you know how it is.

And when you got back up behind me, since I slowed down I was like w00t is happening now?!?! B A N G :) then I just drove away :)

I had fun chasing you for some laps, I was right on your tale and I think I didn't touch you once.

I love my new racing console. but its noway I'm that fast on other tracks. I think I feel the same way everyone else about the track. I like it because its high speed all the time. Lots of high speed corners where its easy to make mistakes. But when it comes to race quality there. Well compared to a real racetrack like Nurburgring GP/F or Suzuka it lacks some technical stuff. But I think it could be a lot more fun than the time trial I had around La Sarthe in the previous season.

And I don't say remove La Sarthe, I just say I like the high pace tracks better for more fun.

And the lag some of the new guys made was awful. Come on, get your self some new Internet Service provider. UK isn't that ****ed up when it comes to Internet. So many from the UK with no lag and then there's 1-2 new guys morphing around like crazy..

I'm sorry to say, but that's not acceptable.
 
oh yeah, actually Erik did win the race, congratz. since lexus is not allowed?

The Lexus cars are allowed since we can tell if they have stage 3 or not.

Another 2nd for me Yay!

No, I think its allowed as you can tell now if stage3 is being used, although he is not even signed up so he still loses lol.
Plus he never turns up to races!

Arkano I'll be one of the stewards if it helps?

Roy says he can't sign in to GTP for some reason, but that doesn't really matter. As long as he turns up to each race, I'm happy.

I'm happy to have you as a steward, I'll need you to look over some things already :sly:

And the lag some of the new guys made was awful. Come on, get your self some new Internet Service provider. UK isn't that ****ed up when it comes to Internet. So many from the UK with no lag and then there's 1-2 new guys morphing around like crazy..

I'm sorry to say, but that's not acceptable.

iRev's connection was actually 100% after the first lap. This is actually iRev's connection speed, he has 1mb/s download more than me, same upload speed.
 

Well cool enough, but you never lagged except on Monaco where you downloaded something. He caused a serious crash that destroyed a lot of peoples race tonight. Only thing I can think of if he has other people using the connection at the same time. If he have a brother in the room next door downloading or uploading, the internet speed measured after the race isn't really important :)

And don't get me wrong I would love to have iRev around, but I would also love to see where he actually is on the track!! :)
 
Well cool enough, but you never lagged except on Monaco where you downloaded something. He caused a serious crash that destroyed a lot of peoples race tonight. Only thing I can think of if he has other people using the connection at the same time. If he have a brother in the room next door downloading or uploading, the internet speed measured after the race isn't really important :)

And don't get me wrong I would love to have iRev around, but I would also love to see where he actually is on the track!! :)

It's like I said though, as soon as he was away from everyone his connection was fine.

I like Phil's proposal of doing a quick race before qualy to check if anyone has problems. We went through an entire season & pre-season without any connection issues, and now all of a sudden we're being bombarded by them :scared:
 
The problem in the UK is that every ISP does traffic management, only the 50 and 100Mb connections from Virgin are are free from this!
 
http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/1628544?start=0&tstart=0

Maybe something we all could check out. I know I used it :)

And to those on wireless, its the devil works to any network, I don't care if you never lagged, wireless can get interference off a new microwave, or any electronic products. So if you didn't lag before. Maybe you changed the wall socked you use to charge you iPhone. Or maybe you turned on blutooth.

A cat 5 cable isn't really expensive either. So in my opinion there is no excuse not to use it.

Like most know I'm on a pretty good connection, but that doesn't keep me from doing everything I can not to lag in other ways too
 
A wireless signal works 100% just as well as cable if you have no one sharing the network.

My internet is fine too.
1421273310.png


Only get throttled if i go over the traffic management limits.
Thinking of upgrading to 50mb throttle free service tbh.
 
The problem in the UK is that every ISP does traffic management, only the 50 and 100Mb connections from Virgin are are free from this!

Incorrect, O2 and Be don't do this and I know Sky didn't but I've heard they are now and Virgin have always trottled traffic at peak times, it's just not very noticable with virgins download speeds.

Anyway it's not really the download speeds that cause lag, it's the upload speeds that are the problem in the UK with most IPS having less than 1mbps upload and only a few above that.


Edit: My internet connection. ;)
1421279199.png
 
I think I have found the problem with my connection, intermittent phone line and I can't use the house phone.
 
Incorrect, O2 and Be don't do this and I know Sky didn't but I've heard they are now and Virgin have always trottled traffic at peak times, it's just not very noticable with virgins download speeds.

Anyway it's not really the download speeds that cause lag, it's the upload speeds that are the problem in the UK with most IPS having less than 1mbps upload and only a few above that.


Edit: My internet connection. ;)
1421279199.png

http://forum.o2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=51883
 
Last edited:


And connecting to Oslo, Norway:

 
I just noticed the new leader board on page 1. Nice!
 


And connecting to Oslo, Norway:


Ping is high Arkano!

Looked at replay, sent you my views and a few photo's on PSN

Let me know if you agree?
 
Ping is high Arkano!

Yes, the test server is on Telenor backbone and they don't seem to care about routing. They go trough sweden and europe to get to uk.

Remember having ADSL from Telenor back in the days when I played Unreal Tournament. We had a clan match on jolt servers. that was laggy :yuck: I changed to a 2mbit SDSL from Catchcom now called bluecom and ping droped to 40-50. 💡

Now I'm on Lyse's fiber connection and they route to Stavanger and directly to UK, Directly to Europe. The ping isn't the best, but I ping USA with about the same Arkano ping Oslo(Telenor) with :P
 
Back