Intercontinental GT500 Championship Season Two | Race 6 @ Tokyo | **SIGNUPS OPEN**

  • Thread starter Thread starter Arkano5
  • 1,084 comments
  • 53,120 views
Maxi, I'm sorry if I caused your spin on lap 38, I didn't feel anything on my part and it didn't look like I did on my screen, but I'm not trusting anything on my screen from that race.

so it was you :mad:

ah well..its ok, i don't really care, simply becaus i didn't think i could hold you 2 behind. but you never know. I want to see the replay.
 
First time i started on hards...and it's not fun :)
Had a little fight with Netherdragon and Immortal. Got away after i passed them. The rest of the race was boring.
Nevertheless i managed to pit 1 lap too early, djee.
So pitted lap 8 and 22.
It didn't ran as i wanted. Car was annoying with the huge ballast on this track.
I didn't managed to go faster then 1:30:1.,room didn't work.

Congratz to Falcon!

Gp
 
hey good race today but i need alot of practice this ill be more prepared next week. Tokyo nice track for me looking forward to next week but it was fun to race with you guys very good drivers in this league
 
I was thinking.

When you finnish on podium and dropped a place becaus a penalty. You should still gain ballast for the place you finnished. Becaus the next race your rival got ballast know instead of you and you can take it back.



oh and Arkano, Just race next week, its not becaus you can't win the championship anymore you can't have nice races. If i had to think that way i had to stop previous seaon at race 2 :dopey: besides if only the drivers who still can win championship ther would be only 5 cars on grid.
Just have fun guys...


To bad Kyaw, Phil and Joey signed out. We could have a full grid.
 
Last edited:
My incident with Erik was a little different, from what I remember I did have the inside.. But we'll see on the replay.

You had the inside line, but we still were side by side and then you should give me room mate. Not put me to the wall like I wasn't there. But I touched you a bit during the next couple of laps. You were really hard to drive around. Not directly lagging, but not smooth either, We call it even? At least I'm finished with Monaco, for good may I add :)

Maxitsu slides around the swimming pool and went wide also and just pushed his way back into the racing line pushing me straight to the rails. Not really a clean move from my point of view (haven't seen the replay yet)

And Immortal passes me cutting the chicane and did not give me room so I went to a standstill at the rails..

I think this just have to happen, not blaming anyone really, I blame the track.

Race was friendly and I had some fun, but I really don't enjoy this narrow city track. Hoping Tokyo will be better :)
 
I didn't managed to go faster then 1:30:1.,room didn't work.

At least it wasn't just me..My best time was a 1:29.7xx.

You had the inside line, but we still were side by side and then you should give me room mate. Not put me to the wall like I wasn't there. But I touched you a bit during the next couple of laps. You were really hard to drive around. Not directly lagging, but not smooth either, We call it even? At least I'm finished with Monaco, for good may I add :)

I tried to give you room...but like I said my car turned into a boat and my frame rate moved out of town.

I'll leave the decision down to you on this one ;)
 
At least it wasn't just me..My best time was a 1:29.7xx.



I tried to give you room...but like I said my car turned into a boat and my frame rate moved out of town.

I'll leave the decision down to you on this one ;)

Head up Arkano, Tokyo will be yours :)
 
Head up Arkano, Tokyo will be yours :)

So far this season; on my good tracks I've done terribly, and on my bad tracks I've done terribly :lol:

Maybe you're right, we'll see :sly:

oh and Arkano, Just race next week, its not becaus you can't win the championship anymore you can't have nice races. If i had to think that way i had to stop previous seaon at race 2 :dopey: besides if only the drivers who still can win championship ther would be only 5 cars on grid.
Just have fun guys...

The problem is, it's not fun when I'm being gimped by GT5's network code and not because I'm just being out-done by other people. I can accept losing as long as I know I put in 110% effort, but tonight I'd put in 110% all week until the very last second before the race start. Then I was ruined by GT5 and not because I wasn't putting in the effort.

I guess the only bonus I take from tonight, is that I actually am one of the only people without ballast now :p
 
I had some great battles tonight, being side by side with netherdragon for the first 4 was a highlight. All of which seemed to end when someone hit the wall at the chicane and I came out worse off, but that's racing.
I'm still wondering why I waited for netherdragon on the last lap since he tried to avoid Erik and I had nowhere to go and hit him, cost myself two places for being a gentleman :lol:
 
Maxi, I'm sorry if I caused your spin on lap 38, I didn't feel anything on my part and it didn't look like I did on my screen, but I'm not trusting anything on my screen from that race.

I did see the replay now. You didn't do anything wrong. You are going to the outside while i got taken out by anastasis.

i must say you were driving very fair and carefully 👍 I don't call any names, but i know some of the guys who are faster should give me some bumps to overtake me fast and easily. Whit the speed i had at that point they would do it for sure. you just waited for the right moment. (It should be like that) so thumbs up 👍👍


Oh Anastasis why did you stopped at the finnish line? you could wait for me at the lap when i crashed, then you had some laps to try it again. Anyway it was polite to stop. 👍
 
Last edited:
i must say you were driving very fair and carefully 👍 I don't call any names, but i know some of the guys who are faster should give me some bumps to overtake me fast and easily. Whit the speed i had at that point they would do it for sure. you just waited for the right moment. (It should be like that) so thumbs up 👍👍

I always try to give my utmost respect to anyone I come into close proximity on track. Regardless of speed or position. Sure I might lose some time, but it's better than potentially ruining someone else's race.

Although I will go all-out if I'm defending my position some times.
 
About the lag or frame rate drop in this race for some people I think is some of the eye candy on this track. A lot of details around this track that aren't really made for the PS3 in a multi player setting. It worked pretty good for me, but I was nowhere near my hot lap times when I was alone in the room. I think the guys get the lag is just bad luck, probably depends on what you see at the time and what the ps3 need to process at the time. It was lagging for me last season, not so much this season so it have happened before. Also the fact that we started with the amazing amount of 13 racers this time didn't do good for this track.

But there was also some mess to the room, I have no idea what it was. But when we race like this every player needs to send their data to everyone. And collect data from everyone. So the higher amount of players the higher amount of data transfer. And the more data transfer for some connections the higher ping will be and that doesn't only affect the guy lagging, but everyone in the room. This effect when you turn your wheel, when you press you brake pedal or the throttle and of course visual (where the other guys are)

So if your car felt like a boat, this is why. I also noticed it seemed my turn in was always to late, but I adjusted my self after a few laps.
I do have some lag experience from when I played Unreal Tournament back in the days and had to play on the jolt servers , always lagging :crazy:

I don't know why I keep babbling away, but we could try set the room settings to standard instead of very hight. We then send less data to each other and if very hight is a problem for one, it will be a problem for everyone.
 
I always try to give my utmost respect to anyone I come into close proximity on track. Regardless of speed or position. Sure I might lose some time, but it's better than potentially ruining someone else's race.

Although I will go all-out if I'm defending my position some times.


same for me, or atleast i try.

The only problem is when i am defending, i have no rear mirror (whit roofcam) then i sometimes i have some problems to stay clean. I can look behind me, but then i am weak at cornering if i am infront. That happent at the start of the 2nd practise race before the race.
 
I would suggest you change to the view that have a mirror Maxitsu :)
 
i don't like the bumperview. i don't understand why that roofcamview can't have that big mirror.

In all racegames i like to see the nose, bumper or hood of my car. What comes near in GT5 is the roofcam. it gives me te best experience.


i don't like the bumperview. First of all its to low on ground, its like your prone.
also i hate the exaggerated way the camera moves down when braking.

cockpit is nice, but the view in the honda nsx isn't that good.
 
Last edited:
Well to be honest I think the roof view gives to much overview compared to the real thing. And you should know that the cars we drive have their roof 1,1meter off the ground. So the view out of the window is low to the ground. While you drive around having the view you would have in a tractor with no mirrors. So I guess its fair you have to look behind you to see what happens behind you.

I agree that cockpit view is nice, but useless.
 
sorry maxi for this thing in lap 38, i miscalculated the brakes, forgot you were on hard, forgot that it was the 14th lap of my softs and then happened:ouch:
I'm always using 3rd person camera cause in races like this can give you a clear indication to where other drivers are.I stopped before the finish line(except the incident in lap 38), cause i thought you were angry from the 1st lap overtake on that tiiiight hairpin. i took the inside but i hit you a bit so i got to the inside in the exit too... and in the lap 37 or 38 i think, in the first turn, i didnt leave any room for arkano cause i didn't expect him to be nowhere close to me... i was like wtf:scared: .

Oh Anastasis why did you stopped at the finnish line? you could wait for me at the lap when i crashed, then you had some laps to try it again. Anyway it was polite to stop.

i'm wondering the same thing maxi :crazy:
 
hey good race today but i need alot of practice this ill be more prepared next week. Tokyo nice track for me looking forward to next week but it was fun to race with you guys very good drivers in this league

When I started in this championship during first season I also had no chance against the best, but after a lot of practice I can put pressure on them and even get to the podium from time to time. It's some really nice drivers here witch are very good and I hope you like it here and you can join me any time during the week to practice.
 
@Erik: Yes its like tractor, its like you are sitting on the roof but it still is the best view for me. I like a proper hoodview more. like the RE amemiya Aspadrink car, then whit a rearmirror would be be perfect. But hey PD is not listening.


@Anastasis: Angry? i even don't remember lol. at the beginning i gave you also a hard bump in the corner were you hit me at the end. On the beginning i misjudged the effects of drag on this track.
 
@Erik
Previous season i had the pole with 1:31:9xx on Tokio, without ballast.
Nissan xanavi - stage2
 
Full results for Leaderboards?
 
unofficial

C-Falcon89
ProPersian
GP-Cian
IMMORTALPILOT
ErikAndre71
Netherdragon
Zzxxz
Arkano6
Maxitsu
anastasis14
TEAMRAD_PITT
Crazytaxi_82
TEAMRAD-Sifer-GT - DNF
 
@Erik
Previous season i had the pole with 1:31:9xx on Tokyo, without ballast.
Nissan xanavi - stage2

Got my time down to 1:34.2xx with 20kg ballast, but i guess I'm human, you alien!
 
In which car did Sifer drive?
 
The Raybrig, the he DC'ed half way through the race :p
 
who did had pole? Falcon?
 
Last edited:
I've not had time to watch the replay today, but so far we have everything except the fastest lap.

Pole: Falcon
Fastest Lap: TBA

C-Falcon89
ProPersian
GP-Cian - 5-second penalty for driving one lap less on hards.
IMMORTALPILOT
ErikAndre71
Netherdragon
Zzxxz
Arkano6
Maxitsu
anastasis14
TEAMRAD_PITT
Crazytaxi_82
TEAMRAD-Sifer-GT - DNF

Ballast: Will be announced when I post fastest lap tomorrow afternoon.
 
I did have pole, despite a disconnection.
 
Just to inform the guy with the scoreboard.

Last race it proved wrong to give GP a penalty and he should be on first place and I should go down to second place, rest is correct. But it better change so the scoreboard keeps correct :)

EDIT: tested F12011 today, I honestly cant see whats the hype about it, back to gt5 asap for me
 
Just to inform the guy with the scoreboard.

Last race it proved wrong to give GP a penalty and he should be on first place and I should go down to second place, rest is correct. But it better change so the scoreboard keeps correct :)

EDIT: tested F12011 today, I honestly cant see whats the hype about it, back to gt5 asap for me

are you a f1 fan.

I like it more and more...
 
Back