Interest Check: 3D3's 100 Week Anniversary Team Event (Aug 10)

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 184 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is going to be a team Teesside in this event with me Hasslemoff and vagabond hopefully

I thought this would be spread over a few weeks, too. Though, I'm still interested.

I thought this would be spread over a few weeks, too. Though, I'm still interested.

Nope, this is a one day deal on August 10th as stated in the OP. That's pretty much the *only* way it's going to happen... at least this time around. This date falls nicely between a GT3 race on July 28th and an F1 race on Aug 25th.

However, there is no reason we can't revisit this type of team event at a later date, assuming it's popular and in demand and make it bigger next time and even span a few weekends. We will learn what works best this time and keep it fairly simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
mcfizzle
Unfortunately I will be at Road America for Grand Am/ALMS that weekend but I definitely will buy a shirt.

Maybe I'll see you there, planning on going myself.

Nice idea on the team event, I would be interested.
It's a shame that I am the only italian guy partecipating regularly.
Maybe someone will join after seeing this :)

Regarding the T-Shirts, I'm not interested.

Considering you live in an area that formerly belonged to Austria, I could offer you temporary asylum. :D

I think there is going to be a team Teesside in this event with me Hasslemoff and vagabond hopefully

Will have to see if I can make the date closer to the time, hopefully should :sly:👍

I'm not sure yet.

But if i'm in, of course for team Holland Finally Bart can't beat me this time :lol:

Just to be clear... Teams will be limited to 4 drivers max (at least that's the current plan). so if there are 6 drivers for Holland they will NOT all automatically be on the same team. Teams need to form up by the drivers organizing themselves. So in the example given there could be two competing teams "Team Holland #1" and "Team Holland #2" each with 3 drivers. Or could be 4 drivers from Holland are in "Team Holland XX" and the other two are in a "Team EU XXX" with two other drivers from a neighboring country. I expect the USA and UK in particular to have several teams each.

I'm working on a team/free agent form so we can get an idea how this is going to play out and how many teams we may have. That should be out by the end of today or maybe tomorrow.

Also, those drivers that can't commit and are on reserve will remain free agents / independents or can sign up as a reserve on an existing team either as the 4th optional driver or as a 5th stand-by if there are a couple reserves on the team. As the event approaches and people are sure of their schedule there may be cases where additional teams need to be created. In any case, at the end any driver that wants to drive we'll figure out a way to get them on one team or another. there may be a TEAM WORLD Independent if necessary. :sly:

Last edited:
👍 i am liking the looks of the this!

team stuff usually is pretty cool
team Holland (west/north idk)

definite participation will depend on the car chosen.

as for the handicaps I think I'd prefer the PP handicap, 💡 maybe even with 2 different RM cars that are pretty close together as stock.

snowgt
Considering you live in an area that formerly belonged to Austria, I could offer you temporary asylum. :D

You're right :)

That would be great 👍
Count me in.
We just have to find other 2 drivers. Could be Pekka and Joel :sly:

Ha! Already forming teams in the interest check thread! 👍👍👍 :)

That would be great 👍
Count me in.

- Hey, I'm not that slow :lol:!

Ah, who'm I kidding - I am slow, but I still want to be considered :sly:.

wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

2013 WRS World cup Team Challenge
August 10, 2013 @ ~20:00 GMT

eventWC_reg.png

eventWC_reg_fa.png

Register

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B from your GTP_tag account.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

Teams

Eventually all drivers need to be assigned to a team. At this point with many weeks to go before the event many drivers will be Free Agents. If you don't have a team please select "Free Agent" on the form. If you are already organized on a team, each driver on the team must register individually and specify the same team name (case-sensitive) and the document will group you accordingly. If you are a free agent or part of a small team needing drivers then watch the Free Agent list and sign 'em while they are available. Consider it the draft. :lol:

Teams will ultimately be limited to 3 or 4 drivers, but some teams may want alternates depending on availability. Leave any comments necessary with you registration and/or post to this thread.

Teams should be individual country based if at all possible -- i.e. if there are available drivers from your county you should join in on a team before expanding out to the region. Countries with too few drivers to form a team can merge with countries close in proximity and form region based teams. Or teams with more than 4 drivers can form multiple teams from a single country. As this develops we'll make sure to accommodate everyone and make sure all interested drivers can take part no matter where they reside or how the teams stack up. 👍 Sign up for now as a free agent, get drafted or the admins will help organize the remaining free agents closer to the event.

Last edited:
I've created a registration post on the front page (post #2) so we can get a better idea how this is going to play out.

Drivers not yet affiliated with a team can sign up as free agents... there is a lot of time to work out teams. Those that have a team in mind already can specify the team name and the registration will organize it.

Teams

Eventually all drivers need to be assigned to a team. At this point with many weeks to go before the event many drivers will be Free Agents. If you don't have a team please select "Free Agent" on the form. If you are already organized on a team, each driver on the team must register individually and specify the same team name (case-sensitive) and the document will group you accordingly. If you are a free agent or part of a small team needing drivers then watch the Free Agent list and sign 'em while they are available. Consider it the draft. :lol:

Teams will ultimately be limited to 3 or 4 drivers, but some teams may want alternates depending on availability. Leave any comments necessary with your registration and/or post to this thread.

Teams should be individual country based if at all possible -- i.e. if there are available drivers from your county you should join in on a team before expanding out to the region. Countries with too few drivers to form a team can merge with countries close in proximity and form region based teams. Or teams with more than 4 drivers can form multiple teams from a single country. As this develops we'll make sure to accommodate everyone and make sure all interested drivers can take part no matter where they reside or how the teams stack up. 👍 Sign up for now as a free agent, get drafted or the admins will help organize the remaining free agents closer to the event.

PS> The H-avg stat in the teams table will show the average handicap for each team. Once teams start forming we'll watch this to decide if we are going to apply any handicapping system. If there appear to be competition at all levels (i.e. a couple super teams, a few middle of the road teams and a few lower end teams) then we likely will not have any handicap. However, if the result looks pre-determined we will apply a handicapping system to close things up a bit.

PPS> We are likely 7-10 days at minimum away from being able to finalize the car and specs so if that will affect your participation you should either wait to sign up or sign up as a reserve. NOTE: This will absolutely be a one-make event and we're not going to get into discussions about equalizing several cars for this event... we've got too much our on plates and we'd rather focus on team dynamics for this event and keep the car regs as simple as possible (including tuning prohibited if at all possible).

Last edited:
Thx Daniel for trust :)

I don't know what Pekka is doing. Dean - maybe we could make Nordic Lighting team :)

That would be great 👍
Count me in.

- Hey, I'm not that slow :lol:!

Ah, who'm I kidding - I am slow, but I still want to be considered :sly:.

Sounds like a good idea to me, Joel :D.

We just need one or two more drivers, but let's wait and see who signs up, from the Nordics.

I've just sent a PM to all Dutchies that showed interest. The idea is to form regional teams. Other ideas are welcome. For now, I'm registering as a Free Agent.

Last edited:
Thx Daniel for trust :)

I don't know what Pekka is doing. Dean - maybe we could make Nordic Lighting team :)

As long as we ain't running ovals in trucks :lol: , you can count me in.

Registered as free agent as well for now.
I know Frank and Stef will be in to join Team Belgium so we just have to find another Belgian guy to join us. I'll have a look who I can get to join us. :D
EDIT:
Sorry Koen (GTP_Kreezydoed) to overlook you. :guilty: I guess we could have our Team Belgium already. :)

Good. So we have Team Nordic coming up. Now we're me, Pekka and Dean.
Registered myself and Team Nordic.
As long as we ain't running ovals in trucks :lol: , you can count me in.
Sounds like a good idea to me, Joel :D.

We just need one or two more drivers, but let's wait and see who signs up, from the Nordics.

Last edited:
Signing up as a free agent right now but I will be looking to form a Dutch team, probably is gonna be 2 Dutch teams. looking forward to it!

Signing up as a free agent right now but I will be looking to form a Dutch team, probably is gonna be 2 Dutch teams. looking forward to it!

That's what I was thinking are we splitting up dutch if we do I think robert and me should be a team since I kinda got him to join wrs and I knew him before from the valstreams.

Unless robert is gone at the time of the races of course.

what i was thinking are we splitting up dutch if we do i think robert and me should be a team since i kinda got him to join wrs and i knew him before from the valstreams.

Teams are totally up to you drivers so go for it assuming all parties are in agreement.

The only thing the admins will do is make sure any free agents that are not on teams get on a team and also make sure all driver organized teams are at least loosely country/region based except the final independent teams. I.e. no World D1 gold super team.

Also there is enough time that someone you know and want to team up with that's not yet on the registry can join and have plenty of time to run the registry qualifier.

Last edited:
I'm sure there will be enough for at least 1 UK team, so count me in for something :D I'll try maybe organise something in the coming week or something hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back