Interest Check: 3D3's 100 Week Anniversary Team Event (Aug 10)

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 184 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about that one :D? If we'll stick to "Nordic countries only", we should be covered, I guess :D.

Done. I had to crop out the box outline... you'll see an update on the next registration image refresh. also updated the Team Belgium one to be more "interesting" too.

Where are all the Canadians? I am looking to start Team Canada! If not I guess we will have to make a "Team N/A".

Al

Last edited:
Where are all the Canadians? I am looking to start Team Canada! If not I guess we will have to make a "Team N/A".

Al

Yah, just start Team Canada and see who shows up. We'll merge people into a NA team if needed. Someone has to get the ball rolling!

PS> Where are the AU guys? Ren/JTV???

I'm here :D, just signed up as a free agent for now. We'll have to see what Ren's schedule is like and there are a couple in the Academy that may be interested. I might even be able to convince some from the ORS to join as well to create an ANZAC team(Australia New Zealand Army Corp, this is war right :P).

Seeing the Dutch group I have an idea to devide them in 2 groups.

Mika wants to team up with Robert so we could have this for a starter.

Team Holland.
Div 3-Sjaak
Div 2-Wouter

Team Holland.
Div 3-Mika
Div 2-Robert

Leaves Bart and Rikson with a free choice.

And the team name choice is still open,I like to avoid the 1 and2.
Team Orange,Holland or The Netherlands are options.

Last edited:

Team Holland.
Div 3-Sjaak
Div 2-Wouter

Team Holland.
Div 3-Mika
Div 2-Wouter

Team Willem-Alexander
Team Maxima

:)

Team Holland.
Div 3-Sjaak
Div 2-Wouter

Team Holland.
Div 3-Mika
Div 2-Wouter

PASM (Bart) also wanted to join and I think you placed Wouter at 2 teams.
About the name, I think it's better to name them both Holland but with an A or B / 1 or 2. Otherwise you get 2 totally different names which doesn't look very good. Or we could look at it regional, for example: Holland South, Holland North.

A and B or 1/2 are fine but I wanted to avoid having a "B"Team.
Btw,corrected the Wouter name in Robert and my suggestion was that Bart and Rikson could join one of the two combinations I made.

If any of you have other ideas,that is fine,only wanted to help out.

Yah, I know what you mean Sjaak about A/B or 1/2 implying a ranking where that's not the intention. I'm sure we can come up a designation that doesn't have that implication... putting on my thinking cap. :sly:

EDIT: could just picks colors of the flag:

Team Holland Red
Team Holland Blue

@Al: what about the following for the Team Canada logo... it follows the country/region map scheme we've got going:

Canada.gif

Team Holland could use:

102px-Netherlands_stub.svg.png

And we could stick in something for each sub-team.

Last edited:
Shawn & Joe, I've started "Team USA"... come join me!

If we get too many we can always split into USA/East and USA/West (or the extras can team up with a couple Canadian drivers and form Team NA).

I've now registered. 👍

I'm here :D, just signed up as a free agent for now. We'll have to see what Ren's schedule is like and there are a couple in the Academy that may be interested. I might even be able to convince some from the ORS to join as well to create an ANZAC team(Australia New Zealand Army Corp, this is war right :P).

That would be really cool if a few of the ORS drivers joined the registry and got involved.

On another topic this event got me thinking. There are really no Japan drivers here at GTP are there? They must have their own mega forums right? If I'm not mistaken I didn't see a single Japanese driver on the registry... seems odd there wouldn't be at least a couple?

Registered for Team USA as a reserve. Hoping to know more definitively by this time next week.

On another topic this event got me thinking. There are really no Japan drivers here at GTP are there? They must have their own mega forums right? If I'm not mistaken I didn't see a single Japanese driver on the registry... seems odd there wouldn't be at least a couple?

Very true and especially when there's a whole bunch of them in the seasonal event TTs.

Registered for Team USA as a reserve. Hoping to know more definitively by this time next week.

👍 👍

As I said to others in the academy thread even if you can't make it to the official race you are welcome to join us for Team USA practices and contribute to the team. Same goes for any other USA driver -- either who can't make it or if we have to split across multiple teams. Goal will be to get the max from every Team USA driver.

I return on July 18th and we'll start our team training program at that point or after GT Academy completes -- depending on the timing. I'm sure everyone's focus will be on GT Academy until the final stage closes, but after that we'll ramp up fast.

Made a Team GB. Will probably be enough for 2 teams, so thought I'd get one going.

3IAa8p6.png

Last edited:
A and B or 1/2 are fine but I wanted to avoid having a "B"Team.
Btw,corrected the Wouter name in Robert and my suggestion was that Bart and Rikson could join one of the two combinations I made.

If any of you have other ideas,that is fine,only wanted to help out.

I agree with your idea. It makes the teams about the same in theory. I understand it is not preferable to have a 1st and 2nd team, as if the 1st is of more importance, but in my opinion better than having 2 different names. Thanks for helping out.👍

:gtplanet:

Made a Team GB. Will probably be enough for 2 teams, so thought I'd get one going.

Technically the image you posted is UK right? GB doesn't include Northern Ireland or am I wrong? So map of GB would be:

71px-Flag-map_of_the_Kingdom_of_Great_Britain_(1707-1801).svg.png

Technically the image you posted is UK right? GB doesn't include Northern Ireland or am I wrong? So map of GB would be:

71px-Flag-map_of_the_Kingdom_of_Great_Britain_(1707-1801).svg.png

Yeah, you're right. Wasn't really paying attention when I went looking for an image.

Team Holland.
Div 3-Sjaak
Div 2-Wouter

Team Holland.
Div 3-Mika
Div 2-Robert

For me it doesn't matter what team I'm in,as long as the car is painted orange :).

Team Holland.
Div 3-Sjaak
Div 2-Wouter

Team Holland.
Div 3-Mika
Div 2-Robert

I like the names Team Holland Red and Blue. I also like Team Holland Orange and Team Holland Red-White-Blue, but maybe that name is too long. Nevertheless, I prefer to call our country the Netherlands, because Holland really only is 2 provinces of the country, North- and South Holland. In the end though, any name will do ;)

I also don't have a preference for which team I join. Maybe it is a good idea to keep the teams as balanced as can be, so the total handicap of all teams aren't too different.

Cool,
What about this concept.👍

Team Oranje.(Dutch spelling;))
Div 3-Sjaak
Div 2-Wouter
Car colour-Orange
Rim colour-TBD

Team Nederland (Dutch spelling)
Div 3-Mika
Div 2-Robert
Car colour-Orange
Rim colour-TBD

Bart and Rikson with a team choice.

It is even possible due vacations the Dutch only can fill one team or if more racers show up even three teams.

looks good to me Sjaak! 👍
team names dont matter to me so thats up to you guys.

evening the teams out is also preffered in my eyes, makong for a little local battle in this global (race)war :)

having 4 on both 'Hollandsche' squads would make it even more interresting.
maybe i can get one or two too join later when car/track announcement has been made.

I'll be getting my GTP_ tag soon, so I'm back in this for team PURE USA (If it is still here)

Yay! :D 👍

So that's You, Me, and Eddie ... + Rich will jump in the GTP_ pool if we need him, or we can pull Wii down from Canada for an "NA Continental" team if we can't find enough great northerners.

Do you need to be invited to join a team? or just join as and when you please?

Just PM the one who started it, but I'm sure it's fine. I'm assuming if it's a team where just the "starter" signed up they are just looking for other guys to join. If they have a specific team in mind they'll probably wait to sign up until they get it organized.

For those interested, Team USA is open and no invitation required. If we get above 4 we'll figure out a split so don't worry about the numbers right now unless you have a specific sub team you are targetting... in which case hold off and organize that yourself.

I'll be getting my GTP_ tag soon, so I'm back in this for team PURE USA (If it is still here)

Cool! 👍 Glad to have you join the event. Haven't raced with you for a long time and looking forward to something similar to our battle at La Sarthe in the Alfa :sly: (can't quite believe that was almost two years ago now).

Cool! 👍 Glad to have you join the event. Haven't raced with you for a long time and looking forward to something similar to our battle at La Sarthe in the Alfa :sly: (can't quite believe that was almost two years ago now).

2 years, really? Wow time flies, I still remember that like it was last month. Looking forward to racing you also.

Cool,
What about this concept.👍

Team Oranje.(Dutch spelling;))
Div 3-Sjaak
Div 2-Wouter
Car colour-Orange
Rim colour-TBD

Team Nederland (Dutch spelling)
Div 3-Mika
Div 2-Robert
Car colour-Orange
Rim colour-TBD

Bart and Rikson with a team choice.

It is even possible due vacations the Dutch only can fill one team or if more racers show up even three teams.

For the most balanced teams I'll join Mika and Robert.
Checked the registry,and we'll have a totall handicap of 8531.
If Bart joins you and Wouter you guys will have a totall handicap of 7949.
Deal? 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back