[Interest Check]Euro TCR Serie Mondays around 20:00GMT/BST

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 113 comments
Italy
Italy
karsten_beoulve
Hi all karsten here.

Some of you may know me since Gt5 times, i have been organizing for years on gt5, gt6, project cars 1, assetto corsa and now, Project Cars 2. This serie would be a first short one running up to december and then a very long one would start at new year with ten rounds.

Still do not understimate this "season zero"! This will make sure all will work better for the future, make a selection of drivers that will stick to the serie and above all highlight any issues or bug that may give problems to drivers, stewards and organizers. Here below is my vision. This doesn't mean we'll be able to accomplish it, but a great vision my help with great results.

Racing day: Monday race time: 20:00 GMT/BST

Basic ruleset

Allowed cars are TCR ones. The BMW altought in the group is NOT a TCR car and RWD so it's not allowed.

Driving AIDS are set to real.
Damage, pit stop mistakes and mechanical failures are set to real/on.
Time progression is set to real. Weather will be announced before the race and will replicate the Real life at track.

Sporting Rules

Beside the usual respect and driving etiquette standard to GTP series, all drivers would be invited to act as real life Drivers in their interactions and interviews (see below The Vision section).

Race Lenght: As per TCR rules, each race will be at least 60kms long. Qualy will last 10 minutes.

Race 2 will feature Reverse grid of Race 1. (if the features will be in game with next updates no problem, else we'll use a manual rolling start).

Points as per the TCR serie are the same as F1

1st: 25
2nd: 18
3rd: 15
4th: 12
5th: 10
6th: 8
7th: 6
8th: 4
9th: 2
10th: 1

As in real life points are awarded for Qualy results for race 1 grid as follows
5/4/3/2/1 for top 5 places.

Ballast for results is currently not available so it probably won't be used.

The Championship
The championship will run on a selection of tracks from the various real life series along the world. List will confirmed at a later time.

The Vision
What follows is what i would like to achieve and to bring a kind of "new feel" to all those involved.

I woul want obviously a full grid (what organizer wouldn't want one each week lol), but beside that i would want to serie to step up from the usual well run series around here. I would want a race director and streamer to broadcast the races. A commentator would be sweet too. Proposing a professional layout to our racing would certainly make our drivers more serious and dedicated about it beside the results on track.

On this topic if there's any "journalist" or anyone wishing to act as one for the serie it would be great if he would send some kind of question to drivers about their race/team issues on track so we may publish a kind of "race report" and press coverage.

At the same time it would be perfect for drivers to join up in teams and provide a "logo and team history" and maybe some driver profiles.

In short what i would wish to achieve is something that all those partecipating will be proud to be in no matter their results, bad luck (i.e. mechanical failures), or lack of pace.

In the real world there's no competition where all win; only one raises the cup, all the others lose.

But if there's only one racing the race doesn't exist, this means that all those partecipating from the start to the end are winners and part of the whole.

Talk, share, comment. Tag friends, suggest anyone that may be wishing to be involved or help.

karsten

* tagging a few friends*

@ozwheels
@TDZdave
@Friday_GTRP
@Gavin Vickers
@Pubs16
@SkengD
@PzR Slim
@andrew1990
@Friday_GTRP
@Don Mejillone
@bajny
@The35
@littleregret265
@Georgeagea
@svenvangent
@GTP_MacGyver
@Webschumi
@Don Mejillone
@buybon355
@MarcoGT5
@hasslemoff
@Markeeez18

I'm sure i forgot another 100000 friends so if you know someone i should have tagged add them to the list and send them here!

I don’t have the game on PS4 so can’t take part unfortunately but I wish you the best of luck with it.

Sounds excellent. And the Monday night time fits me better than the "rival" series taking place on fridays.

Count me in as interested!

I don’t have the game on PS4 so can’t take part unfortunately but I wish you the best of luck with it.
Thanks, I tagged many friends from all ages, if you ever get it let me know ;)

Sounds excellent. And the Monday night time fits me better than the "rival" series taking place on fridays.

Count me in as interested!

Thanks for your interest, spread the voice if you can!

ouuuu Monday's... Fridays are a push for me tbf and i would also bring another player with me too. A few questions please
How long are the sessions lasting start to finish?
how many races per season?
how soon are you starting?
are you running race teams?
"weather will be announced before the race". :) Are we talking right before the race?. Because that would be awesome and mix things up a bit. I hate when its all pre-selected and posted well in advance so people practice for days and days and become untouchable.
Your points cut off after 10th place. Won't this just make people quit on the last few laps?
Lastly im not a fan of The Vision stuff. I just want to race lol

ouuuu Monday's... Fridays are a push for me tbf and i would also bring another player with me too. A few questions please
How long are the sessions lasting start to finish?
how many races per season?
how soon are you starting?
are you running race teams?
"weather will be announced before the race". :) Are we talking right before the race?. Because that would be awesome and mix things up a bit. I hate when its all pre-selected and posted well in advance so people practice for days and days and become untouchable.
Your points cut off after 10th place. Won't this just make people quit on the last few laps?
Lastly im not a fan of The Vision stuff. I just want to race lol
Races for first (zero) season are probably going to be around six. Next one around ten.

Starting in my wish is going ti be in a couple weeks or so after at least one test race.

Sure I love teams championship.

Weather is usually announced 3 o 4 days before race and based on real weather forecasts.

Why would one quit a race when we have real damage, and mechanical ones too? You never know what Monday happen!

I am still without the game as of right now; but would I need a copy of the game in order to be a journalist for the series? It seems like it'd be a really fun opportunity to get involved again if we get a good turnout.
You could be a journalist even without the game if you could follow the race streams, but please mate, get the game and be ac driver AND a journalist ;)

I’m always down to join a series if I can make the schedule! However The current day and time I would miss :(.
Love all the ideas though mate! I will keep an eye on the progress for sure :). (Plus it’s been too long since I joined you on GT6 dude ;).

I’m always down to join a series if I can make the schedule! However The current day and time I would miss :(.
Love all the ideas though mate! I will keep an eye on the progress for sure :). (Plus it’s been too long since I joined you on GT6 dude ;).
Come on I'm sure you can ditch some minor stuff like gf to join up lol

A few questions and ly thoughts.

I really love the idea even the vision stuff.
I'm currently racing an other league on mondays but consider switching to this one on monday.

Tuning allowed? (Not that I'm any good)
If you don't have a team are there people willing to team up with a still slowpaced driver?
Is this always going to be tcr? Or will other classes come up as leagues too?

Come on I'm sure you can ditch some minor stuff like gf to join up lol
Hahaha, while I admit she has quite a leash on me, I don’t let her affect my racing too much :P it’s one thing I can’t live without. But the way the time works out that’s 10am Tues for me and I finish then so not normally home and ready till at least the next hour to be ready for something like a race.

If you don't have a team are there people willing to team up with a still slowpaced driver?

I got a bit of a reality check last night when I finally got the game. I thought I was a decent virtual race driver. I. Was. Wrong. :lol:
We can battle it out for last place:gtpflag:

A few questions and ly thoughts.

I really love the idea even the vision stuff.
I'm currently racing an other league on mondays but consider switching to this one on monday.

Tuning allowed? (Not that I'm any good)
Is this always going to be tcr? Or will other classes come up as leagues too?

Tuning is allowed. Bring slow is a non issue, I'm not fast too. I just demand all drivers ti attend races, be clean, fair and have fun :)

Only thing I ask my teammate is to be there each week and to train together.

Hahaha, while I admit she has quite a leash on me, I don’t let her affect my racing too much :P it’s one thing I can’t live without. But the way the time works out that’s 10am Tues for me and I finish then so not normally home and ready till at least the next hour to be ready for something like a race.

Mmmh

Hi karsten when are you looking to start this?

Karl! Been missing you since btcc and gt300 serie! I guess in 2 or three weeks. After one or two test races.

Is vic fili and logic around?
Count me in. Something to actually look forward to on a monday
Cool

Yeah been too long man! Yeah I'm in for this series if I can juggle it around work,I ain't seen them guys since the gt300. Any ideas on test days yet?

Yeah been too long man! Yeah I'm in for this series if I can juggle it around work,I ain't seen them guys since the gt300. Any ideas on test days yet?
We may meet up on this Monday? I'll recap those that showed interest or wished to join and see if we can get good enough numbers for a few test races.

Got any friends to invite in? ;)

We may meet up on this Monday? I'll recap those that showed interest or wished to join and see if we can get good enough numbers for a few test races.

Got any friends to invite in? ;)
Yeah I'm about Monday for test! And I'll see if cedbel and few others fancy it

If it's 20:00 BST- 21:00 CET than i can participate
Yup that's it 21 at rome
Yeah I'm about Monday for test! And I'll see if cedbel and few others fancy it

Cedbel! I forgot about him! Lots of seriously fast guys in this serie ;)

I'll wrap up a couple things and call out all interested drivers and see if we can have a test race on monday! We may have a few shortish races on different weather and one with a race director and streamer to see hiw all will work out.

I'm getting ottimistic now.

Back