Intermittent "Signed out" issues lately.

• Thread starter davidt33
  • 114 comments
Over the last 2-3 days while racing or checking out something in the game I've been getting intermittent "You've been signed out.....of the PSN network" error messages.
(I have automatic signing in to accumulate my bonus points). When I get the "Signed out" error messages I sign back in....but then it happens after a while again, sometimes in the middle of a race which is quite frustrating. Been happening over the last 2-3 days as I said from what I noticed.

Was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing same or if it was only me.

Had same problem over last weekend.Got few disconnections to PSN , but it always happened when PS3 was idling in xbm and I was using PS4, which also disconnected few times over that period.No probs in GT online.

It is just PSN doing whatever it is doing:)

add. ... just got "disconnected" when playing quick lobby, twice in a row, dang :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I know this might sound odd but here me out. I read somewhere that when PSN got hacked & we all had to change our password it caused something unknown within their servers (a sort of instability of sorts), I don't know or care how true this is. But some guy suggested re-changing you PSN account password again & things should get better. I thought it's worth a try as I'm out of idea's myself, now it could just be coincidence but my connection does seem a lot better as I've not been randomly signed out since I changed it 48hrs ago.

I know this might sound odd but here me out. I read somewhere that when PSN got hacked & we all had to change our password it caused something unknown within their servers (a sort of instability of sorts), I don't know or care how true this is. But some guy suggested re-changing you PSN account password again & things should get better. I thought it's worth a try as I'm out of idea's myself, now it could just be coincidence but my connection does seem a lot better as I've not been randomly signed out since I changed it 48hrs ago.
Anyone else tried this?

I've started to have issues with this as well. I can't even participate in any online races at all. It won't even connect me to any online room. This sucks.

At the time the issues were notified, we were not able to upload tracks on the track path editor as well. I was wondering if something didn't happened with the account

I didn't try it, but I can report that my connection was much better today than it was Saturday and Sunday.

Huh. I actually have the opposite, mines worse than yesterday. U got booted off psn at least 3 times in the last hour, which is somehow worse than yesterday.

Forget my previous method, I just got signed out :(
Said it might of been coincidence, oh well it was worth a try.
At least I got 48hrs of stability lol

Lots of random disconnects this weekend for a bunch of us.

I host a drunk driving room on Saturdays that is regularly full. This past weekend many people were getting dropped. Knock on wood, I did not experience it.
I was plagued by the "How many racers do you see on track" bug. Full room and 1/2 the field cant see the other 1/2.

I must face the music. This isn't ever going to be fixed. IMO, PD/Sony just don't care at this point in time. Old assets an all.

You are not the only one here, today and yesterday was quite bad. Right now I am disconnected. My connection connects just fine. But it could be a PSN ideal situation than anyone else. In my opinion the PS4 servers would have the same exact issue. I keep disconnecting on idle trying to wait for my Friends List to load, but won't at all.

It's been quite stable today, at least from this evening when I reached home and tried. No "signed outs" so far.
I was able to run a couple Seasonals uninterrupted, won a couple million more and reached the 50,000,000 Credits bank limit. Thereafter I checked various cars in my garage and performed "Restore Body Rigidity", "Change Oil" or whatever was required as indicated in the "Pit Service" section. So all my cars in the garage are all in tip top condition now and I still have over 48,000,000 Credits in the kitty. I even bought one or two new cars.

About the Signed Out issues, probably it's been sorted out on PSN side. We'll see.
Additionally, I don't think the issues had much to do with passwords. You mind find yourself changing them needlessly.

I run a wireless Internet service, so usually being signed out on PSN means I've got to get to work.

That stuff's not funny man...

Last night was bad, but tonight was much worst.

I didn't see anything official over at playstation.com, but there is quite a bit of the same discussion going on in the PSN support forum.

PSN status page says everything is fine. So I guess it must be our imagination.

The connection issues feel remarkably similar to a DDoS attack. Sadly, I have no evidence. If I did, I'd contact local and federal authorities.

Got a lot of signed out DCs yesterday, they came without warning. Normally network problems show first with someone not being able to join a room and people not seeing each other, normally these can be sorted out before the race by a couple of rejoins or even recreating the room. But these DCs came out of nowhere, the room started off with nine racers and then five DCed randomly over the course of a 20min race, including yours truly, the host. Then reconnection failed for a lot in a new room, and we had to switch the host to get it running again semi-stable with a reduced crowd, even then there was another DC. The log off message after the DC seem to point to a PSN problem, maybe a DOS attack? Let's hope they sort it out quickly... :nervous:

The connection issues feel remarkably similar to a DDoS attack. Sadly, I have no evidence. If I did, I'd contact local and federal authorities.
I don't think it is a DDoS attack. No one in my room had any trouble logging back in to PSN.

Not working properly on GT6/PS3 or DriveClub/PS4. Getting a signed out error (with DriveClub additionally showing the internal error "there is a problem communicating with the DriveClub servers"). Also, in GT6, some online features take a long time to access (like Seasonal events, Course Maker tracks, etc.) Logging out and in again after the error appears (on either console) normally solves the issue, and it'll work for another 20 minutes or so, at which point it'll happen again. Trying the password reset mentioned above didn't help.

I'm having the same problems. i get signed out randomly during game play or even on the PS3 desktop, my PSN friends are having the exact same problem and were all on a good internet connections. So it's clearly a problem on PSN's side. I've had the problem since friday.

I looked up update 4.78 and it said that Facebook support has been dropped, so we can't guarantee it's fixed just yet. I'll try MW3 and see how that goes.

Edit: Disconnected after one match, so it appears this isn't fixed yet :indiff:

Last edited:
Some people are funny. Expecting fixes like it's a matter of using a better eraser and a high five to celebrate. Shut down the internet. :) Sony are lazy. :D

GT6, Red Dead Redemption, keeping the system idle, signing out manually to sign back in a few minutes/hours later. It's the PSN that has had issues all over. That's apparent. Maybe today it'll improve. :/

Last edited:
Back