Intermittent "Signed out" issues lately.

• Thread starter davidt33
  • 114 comments
Playing online now. Mid session, got "Connection to Sony Entertainment Network has been timed out" instead of "Check your connection" message, the latter i get when my connection does into trouble.

For the former, it happened anytime i log in even after checking my connection unlike the latter which can be restarted once or after the connection problems resolved.

Hi guys it's been a while since I played GT6 but this is a link to a post I made in the Project Cars section yesterday. I hadn't realised GT6 was similarly affected by the peak hours less than reliable connections until today. Project Cars developers SMS have told us they have been in further contact with Sony who have now identified the problem. It seems to be some games that use peer to peer connections. We've all been getting it at regular times throughout the weekends. Hopefully a solution from Sony won't be too long in coming.

More info in the thread below. (Warning you are leaving a Gran Turismo safe zone!) ;)

Hope it helps for now.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/psn-connection-issues-identified-by-sony.344271/

Just a little note: GT6 isn't the only game on the PS3 suffering from such problems. It's as bad in GTA Online too.
Someone on one of the other sub-forums linked to an article that said Sony found the issue and started working on it earlier this week.

Let's hope that today is good enough to do some racing.

Hopefully, it won't take Sony 2 and a half months to fix this problem they've been having. Taking that long to identify it was long enough.

Let's hope that today is good enough to do some racing.

Hopefully, it won't take Sony 2 and a half months to fix this problem they've been having. Taking that long to identify it was long enough.

How did things go for you guys? CRAP pCARS Club weekend of Project Cars went perfectly. Full rooms this weekends without issue and a 90 minute enduro on Saturday which had one disconnection which was a home Internet fail. Big improvement.

How did things go for you guys? CRAP pCARS Club weekend of Project Cars went perfectly. Full rooms this weekends without issue and a 90 minute enduro on Saturday which had one disconnection which was a home Internet fail. Big improvement.
Besides some compatibility/visibility issues between certain drivers the races went great. I don't think anyone DC'd, all retirements appeared to be an act of rage-quitting.

Last edited:
Besides some compatibility/visibility issues between certain drivers the races went great. I don't think anyone DC'd, all retirements appeared to be an act of rage-quitting.

Lol. Good to hear. Hopefully it is actually fixed rather than us just being lucky this weekend.

I hosted a room on GT6 on a pretty bad connection for 1 and a half hours with no problem until I shut it down myself, and GTA online seems to be running better too. There still are some problems but it's been okay so far.

Is anyone able to run a custom track online? I tried to run one the other night and as my friends started to join they were all getting disconnected. I tried starting a new room and the same thing, tried a different custom track and same thing.

Both tracks were created with the original version of the TPE.

Is anyone able to run a custom track online? I tried to run one the other night and as my friends started to join they were all getting disconnected. I tried starting a new room and the same thing, tried a different custom track and same thing.

Both tracks were created with the original version of the TPE.

@Sick Cylinder hosted a number of races on a custom track yesterday and we had no connection issues. His PS3 got a little slow though, I don't know if that was because of the track?

It was a pretty short track though, I guess about 2 km.

@Sick Cylinder hosted a number of races on a custom track yesterday and we had no connection issues. His PS3 got a little slow though, I don't know if that was because of the track?

It was a pretty short track though, I guess about 2 km.
That could be a PS3 database problem. Ask him if he rebuilt his database recently, and if he says no, have him rebuild it.

That could be a PS3 database problem. Ask him if he rebuilt his database recently, and if he says no, have him rebuild it.

Hi - Forgive my ignorance, but I've never heard of that before and consequently have never done that. The PS3 has started running slowly - not just when I use custom tracks online.

Literally haven't been able to connect to lobbies on both gt6 and gta online for 15 minutes before getting disconnected again. I know it's not a problem on my end since I've been able to play online on PC with no problems. I feet like breaking my controller in half, but that wouldn't solve the problem, would it? Out of the 3 hours I was on the ps3 today I've only actually played for about 30 minutes due to this 🤬

So yeah, seems like it's going bad again for me /rant

Literally haven't been able to connect to lobbies on both gt6 and gta online for 15 minutes before getting disconnected again. I know it's not a problem on my end since I've been able to play online on PC with no problems. I feet like breaking my controller in half, but that wouldn't solve the problem, would it? Out of the 3 hours I was on the ps3 today I've only actually played for about 30 minutes due to this 🤬

So yeah, seems like it's going bad again for me /rant

Yesterday evening seemed fine to me, in GT6 at least. At what time were you trying to play?

Currently terrible on PSN overall. Slow to do things. Then half minutes later it suddenly signs out and i cant sign in.

Internet and modem are all fine. Modem has been reset and PS3 has been restarted but no outcome.

Latest Posts

Back