International Event - GTP's Suzuka Expert Event < 700 pp 02-17-32-47

• Thread starter PSTC555
  • 645 comments
just entered the xx02 race a few seconds late, so i was the only 680pp car there. still managed to get 3rd. Had a lot of fun toying with a punter in a lime green amuze. wish i got his name, so i could mock him.

Edit: Think i'll call it a night now as well. entered the next race, but still no 680pp'ers. Thanks for the great racing, catch you all tomorrow.

Last edited:
I think we had bad luck in connecting to the same grid,I also just had race where I was alone between 750pp monsters..thanks for racing guys and see you soon..

Last edited:
I've been following this thread but not too closely, so my apologies if this question has already been answered. Can someone give me a short explanation why suspension or gearbox tuning is not allowed?

I guess it aims to that the people in the same car's are driving with the same setups so only driving skill matters.. ? :D

Hi Zabeu,

to be honest, i dont know....when this event started, only the f430 was "allowed" and it was fun that all people where racing the exactly same car. But now, as there are so many cars i dont see the point anymore, as different cars drive on different tires with different PPs. I understand that this is an attempt to make the cars more equal in terms of highsped and cornering

I have seen your statement on GTRP, and i think you are right: the NSX tuned to minimum weight and lots of power with the standard geering and suspension should be allowed to tune.
(From my point of view the tuning for all cars should be allowed, as its not controllable anyway.)

If we find out that for example a NSX with 680PP and tuned gearbox/suspension is 2 seconds ahead of the other cars, we can limit the PP to 670 (e.g) for that car again.

Just my thoughts....

Wish we could go back to one make race. Much closer racing then. Did a few races yesterday and must say it was alot of chaos... Support no tuning, as timppac said only driver skill matters:)

totaly agree with what your saying edebert. Its pointless having all those cars now with differnt tyres and you may as go back and race normal.
anyway who's racing at xx47 with the Ferrari.

That's last 3 races and only by myself on the grid with the F430.

Last edited:
(For those who can read german, here's my post at gtrp.de that Ede mentioned.)

Timppaq, you know darn well I couldn't possibly compete on driving skills alone, and that I absolutely have to rely on a well-tuned car! :)

I have done some testing with the NSX (R1, +46/85%, no other adjustments). It's not undriveable but it's not much fun either because the stock suspension really cannot cope with the vast increase in power and grip. A quick suspension adjustment really helps here, it did bring the lap time down by a bit more than half a second though. Did just three laps each before and after tuning, so that should be taken with a grain of salt. I guess I could go almost as quick with the stock suspension but it'd take a lot more practice.

In general, I think it's more sensible to set a PP limit and allow each driver to tune his car accordingly. (Especially so since the no-tuning rule seems hard or even impossible to enforce.) I'd be happy with a lower limit than 680 for the NSX, even though I'm not crazy about starting at the front of the grid.

Wish we could go back to one make race. Much closer racing then. ...

+1:tup:

One make races where so much more fun (for me :) ). If we would go back then i'd say no to tuning and everybody in exactly the same car, only skill of driving matters. Why not go back, doesn't have to be the f430 every day.

Type R - I do have a G25 so I believe yours may be broken. To get reverse on the shifter when it is the H box mode, you push down it netural and put it into 6th.

You can see it on this video (Not my video) at 13 seconds - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8tJosndr4Xs

If you are using the paddles then you press triangle on the buttons to get it into reverse.

Hope this helps you.

So you have this wheel,can you reverse when clutch is used??

So you have this wheel,can you reverse when clutch is used??

Yeah. Its the same as anyother gear.

1. Engage the clutch.
2. Select the gear.
3. Release the clutch.

I believe this is what you mean? From what I make of what your saying, is when you put in into reverse, nothing happens?

Hey, Mr Volcano, let me grasp the opportunity and say thanks for the good racing we've had over the past months. 👍

The 430 is truly a great car but in my personal opinion it pales in comparison with the NSX. It's just not as lively and agile on the limit. Especially on R1, it's like driving on rails. Praise to the Ferrari engineers for building such a powerful and reliable performer though, it's really a fantastic car, just not my preference.

Hey, Mr Volcano, let me grasp the opportunity and say thanks for the good racing we've had over the past months. 👍

The 430 is truly a great car but in my personal opinion it pales in comparison with the NSX. It's just not as lively and agile on the limit. Especially on R1, it's like driving on rails. Praise to the Ferrari engineers for building such a powerful and reliable performer though, it's really a fantastic car, just not my preference.

thanks zabeu 👍 you are a good racer, have only had great races with you! I`m with you on the rail part, thats why I have suggested lower grip tires... but the majority wants rails... gonna race tonight?

Yeah. Its the same as anyother gear.

1. Engage the clutch.
2. Select the gear.
3. Release the clutch.

I believe this is what you mean? From what I make of what your saying, is when you put in into reverse, nothing happens?

Nothing happens(its on 6th).Im just asking because there is a similar question in 'Steering wheels and racing cockpits' thread?
So yours is working and not just by watching that video?Any settings need to change in MY PAGE 'OPTIONS'?

Last edited:
+1:tup:

One make races where so much more fun (for me :) ). If we would go back then i'd say no to tuning and everybody in exactly the same car, only skill of driving matters. Why not go back, doesn't have to be the f430 every day.

It doesn't have to be the ferrari at all 👍

Alot of people have put alot of time and effort into making close racing with differant car's possible, you don't have to win every race to have fun.

abandoning multi car races after only a couple of day's is stupid, this entire thread is for close racing in differant cars, and thats the way it should stay:tup:

sits back and waits

I would be very happy to race with everyone in the same car - ideally, different cars on different days and using stock settings on N3s or S1s or whatever the recommended tyres were for that car. The main reason for this is that the speeds and grip levels are kept fairly low which helps with close racing. Also, in the time I spend on the game I'd rather be racing than tuning. I've mostly been driving the NSX, simply as it is more entertaining and moves around more than the Ferrari which I found a bit dull on R1 tyres. I've had plenty of close races with the current format. This event started out with a group of very evenly matched GTPers and as it's become more popular and more drivers of differing abilities have begun to participate, this may be more of a factor in the races becoming more spread out than the cars themselves?

I would be very happy to race with everyone in the same car - ideally, different cars on different days and using stock settings on N3s or S1s or whatever the recommended tyres were for that car. The main reason for this is that the speeds and grip levels are kept fairly low which helps with close racing. Also, in the time I spend on the game I'd rather be racing than tuning. I've mostly been driving the NSX, simply as it is more entertaining and moves around more than the Ferrari which I found a bit dull on R1 tyres. I've had plenty of close races with the current format. This event started out with a group of very evenly matched GTPers and as it's become more popular and more drivers of differing abilities have begun to participate, this may be more of a factor in the races becoming more spread out than the cars themselves?

totally agree but the point i was trying to get across is leave this thread alone, it works well for the people who like it.

Think you made a good point there in the end, but I still think one make races is more close and "safe" racing

And no it dont need to be Ferrari

Last edited:
It doesn't have to be the ferrari at all 👍

agreed :-)

scooby-wrx-sti
Alot of people have put alot of time and effort into making close racing with differant car's possible, you don't have to win every race to have fun.

i really appreciate the efforts of everybody, and that knowledge is not lost if we would go back to one make races or races with two different cars

Btw. i couldn't care less about winning, all i care for is close, clean and intense racing. And the experience i made so far is that the best races were those, were i had to fight against others driving the same car as me.

Of course thats just my opinion.

scooby-wrx-sti
..this entire thread is for close racing in differant cars, and thats the way it should stay:tup:

Well, the thread started as a f430 event only and then merged into a multi car event. I am really fine with that if thats what everybody wants, but of course i have an own opion i'd like to share :): i loved the original event and was also fine with uk86ze's idea to have raceday battles between 2 different cars, i simply like it more and would not be unhappy to go one step back

PrudentBear
This event started out with a group of very evenly matched GTPers and as it's become more popular and more drivers of differing abilities have begun to participate, this may be more of a factor in the races becoming more spread out than the cars themselves?

Totally agree (to the part i have not quoted). About your last sentence: You might be right with this, but we'll never know for sure if its because of different driving abilities or the car.

Well whatever, see you on the track :cheers:

Joining now if anyone is racing?

Edit: Quick sorry to GTC_Wayne for a crap race. First of the night and it was very poor :lol:

Last edited:

Didn't see you at 02 and accually I was the only 680pp car. So I raced with the other cars and got 3rd.

Hope to see you and others at :17

Didn't see you at 02 and accually I was the only 680pp car. So I raced with the other cars and got 3rd.

Hope to see you and others at :17

Missed the xx:17 sorry. Will catch you in the next one.

I miss racing Type R's and Copper S's.

Edit: Quick sorry to GTC_Wayne for a crap race. First of the night and it was very poor :lol:

I wasn't very good too :dopey:

Back at xx:32 👍

Connection failed with host ......

Last edited:
Hi guys, I will be joining the next race, at XX:02, I joined the :47 one but lost my server connection... will have to see if it works better in this next race.

Nice racing you lot last night as well, managed to finally gain some speed towards the end of the night, so hopefully won't be too slow today!

Back