International Race Of Champions IROC Series - DAYTONA FINALE TONIGHT!!!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 297 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll probably need to get to practice pretty soon, because it creepily smells like as much of a difficult series as the V8 challenge. If it is, then buh-bye :scared:

I'll probably need to get to practice pretty soon, because it creepily smells like as much of a difficult series as the V8 challenge. If it is, then buh-bye :scared:

More of a truck series style series in format. Will be interesting as some people will be better at ovals than circuits, and vice versa.

Tell me about it... I don't really have the same tactical sense in the ovals that I have in REAL tracks :sly:

Fair point. Anyway. We are open to sign ups still, 1 week to get them in!

Looks to be good this. Just remember that DO NOT install the free exhaust, it needs the default exhaust via the RM - the engine sounds the give away... :sly:

I wonder how it will be drafting in these? Hanging on like in Sprint Cup cars? Or Two car pushes like the truck series?

Looks like I'll be out of town this weekend. Hopefully I'll be around next weekend, but that's Labor Day weekend (US holiday), so I can't make any promises. Sorry guys. I'm really looking forward to this series. Got my car all set to go.

I like the idea of one make race with tuning. 👍

Car # / PSN

#73 / GTP_MadMax86

EDIT: BST = GMT +1 right?

MadMax

Dang, I had this as starting next week. Got to see if I'm free, buy tune and test in the next 11 hours.

Haven't even had practice yet, but thankfully it's an oval so no throttle control involved...

I know its last minute, but do any of you think we should allow superchargers? That gets us to about 500 hp and more realistic speeds...

Maybe stay with stock settings for now? So just the RM on. It would be easier to regulate as well. Remember DO NOT put the racing exhaust on, that is not allowed.

What speeds you managing? I'm doing 175mph at Daytona.

Last edited:
Ah man... well, at least I'm happy with the car so I'll definitely be in for the whole series. Slower than the trucks and beautiful handling...

I tuned the tranny to 290kmh (maybe make it 280 for fast laps?) but can't seem to get the car to go faster than 270, no matter what...

Ah man... well, at least I'm happy with the car so I'll definitely be in for the whole series. Slower than the trucks and beautiful handling...

I tuned the tranny to 290kmh (maybe make it 280 for fast laps?) but can't seem to get the car to go faster than 270, no matter what...

I am topping out a bit quicker than you, not much though.

Last edited:
435hp, 1210kg, 560pp

Aero at lowest, suspension lowered, and with 0.4 miles on the clock

How about the driveshafts and all that? Probably restricted, but no matter what, I'm still as slow as before...

175mph me and Carbon, two car draft gives around 5mph boost but not for long.

Finally got the pace right, although I'm still going to lose a lot of time if I end up driving alone. Also it's kind of hard to stay straight in the banked turns, that needs to be dealt with.

Overall, I think I'm gonna have a strong start to the season considering my success yesterday, even if we have very different cars now :)

How many dudes are in today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back