Intresting Lamborghini Diablo GT JGTC 2001 Race Car

Is the Lamborghini Diablo GT JGTC the best looking car in GT3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's wrong, Skid Mark 33?

The fact that it is the only modern European supercar (or 'dream car', referring to Porsche, Lamborghini, and Ferrari. And Maserati. Aston Martin is an exception) to appear in an installment of GT before GT5 or GT5:HD is probably the reason this thread makes for interesting discussion and therefore keeps it alive.

EDIT: Give me a correction here If I am wrong... my PM box is reserved at the moment.

What's wrong, Skid Mark 33?

The fact that it is the only modern European supercar (or 'dream car', referring to Porsche, Lamborghini, and Ferrari. And Maserati. Aston Martin is an exception) to appear in an installment of GT before GT5 or GT5:HD is probably the reason this thread makes for interesting discussion and therefore keeps it alive.

EDIT: Give me a correction here If I am wrong... my PM box is reserved at the moment.
Nothing is wrong. I'm just very pleased that this fourm is still getting posts. I was waiting and waiting for a post for a month and a half or something, and I aint kidding either! :)

Sorry to bring up an old thread, wait.. my old thread. But I think I may have found something yesterday while watching a video on YouTube about the Super GT series. I have taken a screenshot of the video only, but I have put a yellow circle around one car. Look closley. I am not sure but I think that's the Lamborghini Diablo GT JGTC 2001 Race Car...

Attachments

• JGTC.jpg
    JGTC.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 37
Cool. When you said "yes", were you saying that about the car aswell? It looks like it to me, but like I said it was just a rough screenshot!

Sorry to bring up an old thread, wait.. my old thread. But I think I may have found something yesterday while watching a video on YouTube about the Super GT series. I have taken a screenshot of the video only, but I have put a yellow circle around one car. Look closley. I am not sure but I think that's the Lamborghini Diablo GT JGTC 2001 Race Car...

or.... are you just trying to get people to go to your thread?!

yes that is what i believe

but ya it does look a bit like it.

or.... are you just trying to get people to go to your thread?!

yes that is what i believe

but ya it does look a bit like it.
Right, I don't quite get what you are saying here. If you are saying I am taking credit for creating this thread when infact it was Skid Mark 33 who created it, then let me tell you something. Skid Mark 33 is my old account, but I didn't like the username, so I created a new one, hence my new account is Craig HP. And what the hell do you mean by trying to get people to my thread?

Yes. :) That is the ol' JLOC Diablo.
I have looked at the JLOC website. They run a Murchielago now. But I must say they have quite a history. A Countach back in the late 1980's, which was a suprising choice for a race car, considering it was thought to be built in a shed. Then they had 3 Diablos. One in 1995, the next in 1998, and then of course, the 2001 model! Now though they the Murchielago!

I have looked at the JLOC website. They run a Murchielago now. But I must say they have quite a history. A Countach back in the late 1980's, which was a suprising choice for a race car, considering it was thought to be built in a shed. Then they had 3 Diablos. One in 1995, the next in 1998, and then of course, the 2001 model! Now though they the Murchielago!

Yep. I believe in 2007 (or maybe 2006), they finally won a race at Suzuka. I think I still have the race on my hard drive somewhere.

Me wanna se it so badly. :drool: :eek: Could you put it up on a video hosting site or YouTube?

I'll have to look around my HD. It may be on my other comp. as well, which is nearly a lost cause.

If I can't find it, give me a few days. I know someone who can re-acquire it for me. It's mainly highlights, but it's still about 45-50 minutes long.

I'll have to look around my HD. It may be on my other comp. as well, which is nearly a lost cause.

If I can't find it, give me a few days. I know someone who can re-acquire it for me. It's mainly highlights, but it's still about 45-50 minutes long.
Ok, thanks. I hope it's not to much trouble. I look foward to seeing it! :cheers:

None at all.

I have it as well as Rounds 2 & 3 of 2006 sitting on my current comp. right now. All I'll have to do now is cut it up into parts & upload them. I'll probably do the same to Round 1 of the 2006 FIA GT Season.

None at all.

I have it as well as Rounds 2 & 3 of 2006 sitting on my current comp. right now. All I'll have to do now is cut it up into parts & upload them. I'll probably do the same to Round 1 of the 2006 FIA GT Season.
Thanks McLaren! :cheers: I've always been pretty intrested in Japanese touring car racing, it's just they don't show it on TV over here in England. Do they show it on TV over in America?

Thanks McLaren! :cheers: I've always been pretty intrested in Japanese touring car racing, it's just they don't show it on TV over here in England. Do they show it on TV over in America?

In our DREAMS!!! All we get is NASCAR, followed by NASCAR, followed by even MORE NASCAR. :yuck: They do VERY rarely show REAL racing here but since NASCAR took over the "SPEED" channel "WRC" has disappeared! :indiff: I have to get my "Fix" from YouTube. We get 4 or 5 F-1 races a year & not much more! Whatever you have in the UK is better than we have in the USA, that's for sure.

In our DREAMS!!! All we get is NASCAR, followed by NASCAR, followed by even MORE NASCAR. :yuck: They do VERY rarely show REAL racing here but since NASCAR took over the "SPEED" channel "WRC" has disappeared! :indiff: I have to get my "Fix" from YouTube. We get 4 or 5 F-1 races a year & not much more! Whatever you have in the UK is better than we have in the USA, that's for sure.
Well lets see. Over here we have full F1 coverage, Full WRC coverage, Full Coverage of the British Super Bikes and MotoGp, Full coverage of the British Touring Cars, Full coverage of the Gp2 championship, and I think there might be more. They also show NASCAR overhere aswell, sometimes!

Do they not show the IRL and Champ Car over there? Thats real racing... I THINK!

It's nearly all we have. But they've screwed the rules around so much trying to get NASCAR type Finishes (ALL the cars crossing the finish line simultaniously) that it's kinda boring to watch. They've all got the same Chassis/Engine combos so nothing is different but the Liveries. To me, LESS Rules = MORE interesting Racing. Post MAX Displacement & Minimum Weight & see what the manufacturer's come up with. Even F-1 isn't nearly as "Diverse" as it used to be. Ever heard a V-12 Matra powerplant??? Sheer MUSIC for the ears.

It's nearly all we have. But they've screwed the rules around so much trying to get NASCAR type Finishes (ALL the cars crossing the finish line simultaniously) that it's kinda boring to watch. They've all got the same Chassis/Engine combos so nothing is different but the Liveries. To me, LESS Rules = MORE interesting Racing. Post MAX Displacement & Minimum Weight & see what the manufacturer's come up with. Even F-1 isn't nearly as "Diverse" as it used to be. Ever heard a V-12 Matra powerplant??? Sheer MUSIC for the ears.
Same chassis makes the racing more intresting. It makes the feild closer. I mean, havee you ever heard of GP2, I mean bloody heck. When I was at the British GP at Silverstone in 2006, me and my Dad were one of these lucky people who were allowed into the paddock. And when I was in the Red Bull energy station, I was sitting down watching the GP2 race. Three cars went through a 140mph corner side by side. One of those cars screwed up, went of the track, and smashed a light plastic sponsership barrier into pieces. He carried on driving afterwards, because the sponser ship barrier was in the middle of the run off, and on the other side of that, there was more run off, and then the track, because the track is in a wavey pattern there. But hell that was exciting. Infact, since a video says more than one million words, here is the incident I am talking about...

And right at that moment I was in the energy station ****ting myself with excitement! :lol:

When the Super GT was in California, that was the only time we ever caught it.

As for things like the FIA & Formula 1, FIA only shows highlights on Speed very rarely. But on Formula 1, we get the whole season. However, half the races are shown on Speed at 2-3AM in the morning, and ABC covers the other races during middays on Sundays.

Anyways, Part 1 of Round 1 is being uploaded. I'll make a thread in the Videos section when Parts 2 & 3 are also done. Part 4 & possibly 5, will be up later.

Latest Posts

Back