Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,712 comments
Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
  • Where are you from?
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
  • What other games do you enjoy?
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:

I learned about GT Planet when I started researching to put together my first rig, probably around 6-8 months ago (it and RaceDepartment were my first two bookmarks).

Florida, USA

Just started SIM driving a couple months ago as far as using a wheel goes. As far as any SIM racing, got hooked on GT 1 on playstation. Well actually, I loved Pole Position arcade game as a kid and remember the first time I beat the whole thing; you couldn't add more quarters to play longer, you just got to play until you died. Then Cruisin USA, etc, and finally consoles. When I got an xbox x last Christmas I got sucked into Forza H 4, then Forza 7, and then my hand started hurting from using the controllers too much and I decided to look into getting a more serious setup. I eventually bought a PC and built a rig.

I got a DD2 along with a Fanatec Formula v2 and a classic wheel. I love the classic wheel so I finally got around to putting some buttons and paddle shifters on it (manual transmission is my favorite though).

So far nearly all my time has been spent in Assetto Corsa. And I've played a little ACC. I bought RFactor and PC2 in the summer sale but haven't gotten around to them yet. I don't have a playstation right now. Oh yeah, and cruising around in GTA V in VR with a sim rig is just amazing, so I got sucked into that for a couple weeks. But I'm back on the Sim racing programs now. I'm looking forward to learning more in the community, as I start to get into actually racing. So far I've just been driving solo, learning to drive and discovering new tracks.

Last edited:
Hi!

I’m Denis from Latvia. Have been browsing GTPlanet for couple of years. Decided to finally get involved.

I’m almost 40, been playing video games for almost 3 decades, until three years ago the only passion became racing games, so became a SIM racer.

Was racing with modded Logitech G29 until recently picked up T-GT II with T-LCM (yes, I’m that idiot who didn’t want to wait till CSL DD pops up for PS5) nevertheless, the difference between T-GT II and G29 is massive so I’m having much more fun now. Especially in GT Sport.

Hello, I am Bakayarou and I am from Greece. I stumbled upon GTPlanet a bunch of times in the past where I found guides for making money fast in the PS2 era gran turismo games, glitches or what cars are best to use for specific races. I started playing racing games towards the end of the 2000's. All of them were my father's games, but he stopped playing after his wheel broke in the mid 2000's. After pestering him for days, he let me play gran turismo 3. He put me in Sunday cup super speedway, gave me a Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally car and left me to discover the game on my own. Just like back then, I play games with a controller, since I don't have space for a wheel in my room. I play a wide variety of games, ranging from RPGs to RTS to racing, but I always enjoyed some good racing games. I have most of Codemaster's F1 games, most dirt games, all CMR games, all Grid games, the first two project cars games, rFactor 1, Automobilista, Assetto Corsa and other older games. I mostly play on PC and have emulators for PS1, PS2 and PSP with all GT games for the respective consoles. I joined GTP, since I wanted to discuss those classic Gran turismo games with others.

Hello @Bakayarou you definitely should get a wheel. Playing racing games with a controller is just not the same thing.
You want to discuss classic GT games but are you interested in GT7 as well?

BTW before I forget, welcome to the huge GTP family.

:cheers:

Hello from the heartland USA, Nebraska. I think I use to belong to this thread way back in the day, but now back again. Grand Turismo and the PS1,2,3,4 systems have been a very steady diet of mine from the early days of racing games back into the 90's. I have a homebuilt rig that I am very proud of, a lot of fun to use, and have a hard time keeping friends from dropping over to do hot laps all weekend long. I use a Fanatec Clubsport V2.5 with a drive hub adapter, a couple of wheels, CSL Elite Load Cell Pedals, Handbrake and a Bass kicker 2 under the seat. Definitely enjoy the built, not bought game. Grand Turismo is my favorite but I have all the F1 games, Asseto Corsa Competezione, Dirt 4, and host of others.
I'll definitely enjoy checking out other people's rigs, sharing mine probably, and drop in from time to time to check in on some race strategy and other interesting viewpoints.
Ladies and Gentlemen, start your engines.

Hello, I am Bakayarou and I am from Greece. I stumbled upon GTPlanet a bunch of times in the past where I found guides for making money fast in the PS2 era gran turismo games, glitches or what cars are best to use for specific races. I started playing racing games towards the end of the 2000's. All of them were my father's games, but he stopped playing after his wheel broke in the mid 2000's. After pestering him for days, he let me play gran turismo 3. He put me in Sunday cup super speedway, gave me a Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally car and left me to discover the game on my own. Just like back then, I play games with a controller, since I don't have space for a wheel in my room. I play a wide variety of games, ranging from RPGs to RTS to racing, but I always enjoyed some good racing games. I have most of Codemaster's F1 games, most dirt games, all CMR games, all Grid games, the first two project cars games, rFactor 1, Automobilista, Assetto Corsa and other older games. I mostly play on PC and have emulators for PS1, PS2 and PSP with all GT games for the respective consoles. I joined GTP, since I wanted to discuss those classic Gran turismo games with others.
Hello from the heartland USA, Nebraska. I think I use to belong to this thread way back in the day, but now back again. Grand Turismo and the PS1,2,3,4 systems have been a very steady diet of mine from the early days of racing games back into the 90's. I have a homebuilt rig that I am very proud of, a lot of fun to use, and have a hard time keeping friends from dropping over to do hot laps all weekend long. I use a Fanatec Clubsport V2.5 with a drive hub adapter, a couple of wheels, CSL Elite Load Cell Pedals, Handbrake and a Bass kicker 2 under the seat. Definitely enjoy the built, not bought game. Grand Turismo is my favorite but I have all the F1 games, Asseto Corsa Competezione, Dirt 4, and host of others.
I'll definitely enjoy checking out other people's rigs, sharing mine probably, and drop in from time to time to check in on some race strategy and other interesting viewpoints.
Ladies and Gentlemen, start your engines.
It's always great to see people from opposite sides of the world coming together on GTPlanet thanks to our shared interest and hobby. Welcome, guys!

G'Day

I'm Tony [Kard]
I stumbled across GT Planet while trying to see if I could get my G25 or G27 working with my Series X via a Drive hub adaptor
  • Where are you from?
I'm from the Land down under, where women glow and men plunder...
The earliest racing game I can remember off hand is Activison's Enduro on the Atari 2600 in '83
As mentioned above, I have a G25 (recently purchased for it's sequential shifter mode) and a G27. I have predominantly played
racing games via joystick/controller throughout may gaming history. Currently building a sit in Racing/Flight gaming cockpit, using the drivers seat from the Honda Accord Euro (Accura TSX US/Accord UK) in order to actually be able to play properly. With VR as well.
I've been gaming for a long time (turned 50 this year and still loving it) I love sims Eurotruck/Flight sim and many other gaming genres on plethora of systems PC, console and handheld. I introduced my son to Metropolis Street Racer the other day on my Dreamcast, which I was pleasantly suprised when I found it still worked.
Just having a good time. Making friends. Learning stuff and maybe, just maybe impart some of my Wisdom?

Last edited:
Wow, what wonderful conversations, now I know how to post pictures here. I have a smartphone, if I take GT sport pictures to show you guys, I can send it to my e-mail, but how can I transfer it on my laptop. Attachment? So, how long has this site been up? I assume for a decade? Or more?

Thanks Guys

@MatskiMonk Yeah the good ole Vegemite. Lovely on Toast with Butter.

Protip: Eating a heaped teaspoon of Vegemite after having a hard night on the Turps really helps in the morning!

Wow, what wonderful conversations, now I know how to post pictures here. I have a smartphone, if I take GT sport pictures to show you guys, I can send it to my e-mail, but how can I transfer it on my laptop. Attachment? So, how long has this site been up? I assume for a decade? Or more?
Welcome!

The best way to get the highest quality images out of GT Sport is to use a USB stick plugged into your PS4. Then plug it into your PC and download the files like normal. There's more specific instructions here.

And yes, GTPlanet has been around for a while. I founded the site in 2001. We celebrated our 20th anniversary last January. :D
Thanks Guys

@MatskiMonk Yeah the good ole Vegemite. Lovely on Toast with Butter.

Protip: Eating a heaped teaspoon of Vegemite after having a hard night on the Turps really helps in the morning!
G'day!

I visited Australia last year (before all hell broke loose) for the GT Sport World Tour event and loved every minute of it. I also rented a car and blasted Men at Work's "Land Down Under" as I drove out to Bathurst from Sydney.

You have an amazing country, but I couldn't spit out my first bite of Vegemite fast enough... :ill: 💩

Hey @Jordan,

Yes, Vegemite is an.... acquired taste, and many people aren't fans. Some Aussies too.

Did you get to drive the mountain? Funnily enough I haven't, but have mates that have done so.

Hey @Jordan,

Yes, Vegemite is an.... acquired taste, and many people aren't fans. Some Aussies too.

Did you get to drive the mountain? Funnily enough I haven't, but have mates that have done so.
Yes I did! I spent nearly an entire day doing laps and taking a million pictures.

I wrote it all up in my trip report here. It's such an amazing track because it's all just so accessible. I really don't think there's anything else quite like it in the world. Definitely check it out if you can. 👍

@Jordan That's what everyone says. Pitty it's a public road when they are not racing on it.

Just read your report. It was a nice write up on the Mountain. I'd never heard of Mal Rose before.

You drove around it in a Nissan Cumquat? I'd want to drive it in a car to get the proper viewpoint of the drivers.

Last edited:

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

Discord
England
Since i had memory (a long time)
wheel g29
Sports games
Not sure

Hello @Bakayarou you definitely should get a wheel. Playing racing games with a controller is just not the same thing.
You want to discuss classic GT games but are you interested in GT7 as well?

BTW before I forget, welcome to the huge GTP family.

Sorry for the late reply. I do have a wheel, but I can't set it up due to space restraints. I am interested in GT7, and hopefully will get it and a PS5 with the first opportunity when it launches.

• Where are you from?

How i found gtplanet: was looking for more info about American big block v8
Racing games: I'm old school think my 1st was pole position, but mostly play GT and Need for speed now, only have a ps4 my roommate murdered my PC.
I used to play with a steering wheel
Other game I like: alot mostly play Division with my friends, kinda hard for me to find other Car Enthusiasts that I can geek out about cars with.
Making friends that I can geek out about cars with lol

Back