Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,711 comments
Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
  • Where are you from?
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
  • What other games do you enjoy?
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
Thank you. Huntimh for a tuning solution for GTS saw forum and clicked link for an answer
United Kingdom
1988 Driving games Gaming racing PS1 lol
GTA V racing
Learning about the latest driving games and skills on set ups in GTS as driving games have evolved into what used to be my "dream land" as a kid.
Hi All

Hi
I am from Germany and 46 years old.
Haven´t played any games since i was young.
Now I startet to play Grand Turismo Sport with a G29 steering wheel.

Last edited:
Hi all!

Searching for steering wheel info.
  • Where are you from?
Seattle, WA, US
Yikes. One of the earliest games I remember playing was Spy Hunter on NES. Also RadMobile in arcades.
Literally just bought my first one ever. Logitech G923 w/shifter.
I’m really big into the Legend of Zelda series. Elder Scrolls. Assassin’s Creed. GTA.
Learning from others’ experience. Main racing games I play are Forza Horizon series and Gran Turismo. Would like to dabble in others, but I’m limited to PlayStation and Xbox.

Hello everyone ! Glad to be part as an effective member after being a regular reader for a very, very long time !
I don't remember, probably looking for news about a particular racing game.
  • Where are you from?
Proud Belgian here !
I remember spending hours playing Need for Speed III : Hot Pursuit, so I could say around that time.
I play with a steering wheel when it's necessary (ACC for instance), I have been rocking a good old Logitech G25 for more than 10 years now.
Basically any racing game, ranging from Need for Speed to Assetto Corsa Competizione.
As I love photography, I enjoy reading the Forzatography threads. I will surely post my pictures as well !

Vítejte ve speciálním vláknu pouze pro nové členy! :D

Toto je nejlepší místo pro vytvoření prvního příspěvku a pohodlné používání webu. Zde je několik otázek, které bychom rádi položili každému...
  • Jak jste našli GTPlanet?
  • Odkud jsi?
  • Kdy jsi začal hrát závodní hry?
  • Hrajete si s volantem? Pokud ano, jaký druh používáte?
  • Jaké další hry tě baví?
  • Na co se v komunitě nejvíc těšíš?
Jako vždy nám dejte vědět, pokud potřebujete pomoc s orientací na webu nebo s použitím svého účtu. Vítejte na GTPlanet!

Greetings to all competitors. I found GTPlanet on the web, I come from the Czech Republic, I have been playing racing games since the beginning of PS, unfortunately I do not play on the steering wheel and I also enjoy all sports games and action games.

Hey everyone, I'm 25 and from Australia. Nice to meet you all.

I found GTPlanet through Googling how to get Gold on the GT3 License tests... as well as an article ranking the GT games.

I'm from Victoria, Australia.

I watched my brother play GT 1 and 3 growing up. I played mostly arcade racers and karting games until I was about 12 or 13, when I played GRID for the first time. I also enjoy simcade and rally racers now, particularly the WRC series and the older Colin McRae games.

Unfortunately I don't have the money for a steering wheel.

I mainly prefer Dreamcast and PS2-era games. Mostly JRPGs, survival horror, light gun shooters, and rhythm games. I much prefer Japanese games mostly, other than first person shooters from time to time.

Honestly, I joined the community hoping to learn more about cars in general. I want to get into more complex racers and understand the Specs and Tuning systems in Gran Turismo 3 more, as I've recently started playing it. I really don't know much about cars at all, but I do enjoy racing games a lot.

If someone could link me to some sort of guide of general terms and concepts of cars, such as torque, horsepower (HP vs BHP?), drivetrain differences and why they matter, in simple, layman's terms I'd be grateful. Currently I find the terminology and concepts difficult to penetrate and understand. It also prevents me from getting the most out of more complicated games and makes me want to give up due to a lack of understanding.

Cheers :)

Last edited:

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

Hey there,
Old bloke from Sydney Australia here.
Have been playing racing games for ever but just got into playing online in the last 6 months.
Got myself a wheel and chair setup, still getting used to it after playing on controller for 25 years or so.
Found GTPlanet through a facebook group and thought it might be a good place to find some groups to race in.
The daily races are OK but lots of pushing and shoving and i'd rather race clean.
Thanks for adding me to the site.

Cheers,
Matty (kuch426)

• Where are you from?
1. found while looking for F1 news

2. Seoul, Korea

3. around the age of 10

4. yes, i have Logitech G923

5. Microsoft Flight Simulator

6. feel the bigger racing world and share experience

Hello all, Chuck here..

• How did you find GTPlanet - Surfing looking for help making decals for liveries
  • Where are you from? - Just outside Philadelphia, Pa USA
  • When did you start playing racing games? If you count Pole Position in the Arcade? in the 80's
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? - just bought a Thrustmaster T80 Ferrari 488 GTB Edition but havent hooked it up yet
  • What other games do you enjoy? Sports games on PS4 and Flight Sims (Like deep into them)
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Finding out more about creating and tips on racing and such
Looking forward to contributing and learning

• Where are you from?

• Where are you from?

How did you find GTPlanet?
- I'm looking for information of T150 and GTPlanet show up in first page in my google.

Where are you from?
- Saitama, Japan 🇯🇵

When did you start playing racing games?
- When I was 7-8 yo at game center.

Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
- Yes, It's a Logitech G27, Thrustmaster T80, Thrustmaster T150RS and Thrustmaster T300RS GT.

What other games do you enjoy?
- Grand Theft Auto, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Fifa 22, Dead by daylight, Dirt Rally 2.0 mostly a racing game.

What are you most looking forward to doing in the community
- Just wanna find community of racing sim. 😂

Last edited:

• Where are you from?

I found the site it searching up basic GT4 related questions

I'm from Hungary.

I literally played racing games before i was even self-conscious. First time i can remember was back in 2011 tho.

Yes, i do have a steering wheel.(sort of, as it's basically just a fancy joystick (Gembird STR Shockforce II))

Grand theft auto series, Assetto Corsa, BeamNG.drive, mostly car stuff.

Just looking to hang out with the community, make and answer questions and sruff..m

• Where are you from?

Howdy! Long time lurker here :)

My name is John but everybody calls me Monty. Sadly 'Monty' was taken and the extended form is too long ahah

• I don't quite remember how I first came across GTPlanet. I've known about it for a fair few years now.
  • I'm from Glasgow, Scotland.
  • Got a PS1 on Christmas '97 with GT1 and Formula 1 '97. (Had a Mega Drive beforehand but no racing games)
  • I have a Logitech G920 which I can't use because I have a curved desk which is a nightmare :/
  • Just about any racing games you can think of, I play. Play some Football Manager, Halo, Battlefield and a whole bunch of other stuff that doesn't quite come to mind right now.
  • Chatting about the older GT titles and avoiding hype and news for the newest releases because it kinda ruins it for me.

Found GTPlanet when browsing the internet about the new UE5 (Matrix Demo)
United Kingdom
WRC rally
PC build with rtx3090
and a proud owner of TVR Sagaris

and a proud owner of TVR Sagaris
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/members-rides.241/

Keep Talking Idris Elba GIF

• Where are you from?

I’m also here because I own property right next to Willow Spring. So seeing and driving that track is fantastic! I’m happy to sell to fellow GT player. Out here in California, hope I can find someone who wants to own property next to the glorious buzzing sounds of racing!!!!!

How did you find GTPlanet?

I explicitly searched for a forum to discuss matters pertaining to Driveclub. I may risk blasphemy by admitting I'm not here because of GT but what can I do, I just have a newfound LOVE for Driveclub and this seemed like the right place.

Where are you from?

I'm from Hungary.

When did you start playing racing games?

Almost as soon as I first came into contact with this hobby. Since that was ~30 years ago I cannot tell with all certainty which one of them was the very first title I tried, but it was the following trio I surely spent a significant amount of time with in my youth: Street Rod (I had immense fun buying, tuning and selling cars in it but I was terrible driving them), Lotus III: The Ultimate Challenge (its music still rings in my ears after all these years and I also originate my love of driving under harsh weather conditions from this game) and Stunts (mainly enjoyed building tracks and racing on them). Never played any incarnation of GT so far, though. (I know, it's the second time within my very first post I dance on the verge of blasphemy. I feel sincerely sorry for that!) Might just buy GT Sports or GT7 in the future.

Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?

I play with a controller (X360 / DualShock 4 v2) and occasionally with keyboard (on PC and in older titles which don't support controllers too well).

What other games do you enjoy?

Almost any kind is welcome, be it FPS, TPS, RPG, RTS, TBS, action, platformer, tactical, management, puzzle, rogue-like or any combination of them. I differentiate on a "per game" basis and don't automatically exclude whole genres. Among my all-time favorites are (not a complete list by far and not in any particular order) Heroes of Might and Magic III, Diablo II, Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Beyond Good & Evil, Half-Life 2, Fable: The Lost Chapters, Mirror's Edge, Braid, Portal 2 and most recently Into the Breach.

What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?

Just chatting and interacting with others, I guess. Sharing my experiences (and maybe a few screenshots) from games I play and reading through theirs, talking about our common interests. I cannot - and therefore: will not - make any promises regarding my level of activity since I have a life to lead, a job to work, a family to tend to and also other hobbies but I'll try my very best to reply to any and all messages directed at me.

Thanks for your time reading through this! I plan on having a summary up in my profile page - hopefully soon.

Hi. I'm Mark from New York State. I found gtplanet looking for advice on gamepkay on the gt4 game. I have been been racing games since the Panasonic 3do game system. I will use a wireless controller bit I do prefer my Logitech Gtforce racing wheel. I just recently playing other games but I keep finding myself going back to the racing ones waiting patiently for gran turismo 7 to come out.

• Where are you from?

:gtpflag:hi, I was just looking online for tunes for GT Sport and came across this site. It has been super helpful. At the moment I'm playing GT of course, I use the controller and am from Christchurch, New Zealand..cheers

Hi everyone!

Already read news and forum for some time. In the early 2000's i was playing GT3 and loved it. I bought a PS5 on launch (:D) and borrowed a Playseat Challenge and a Logitec G29 last summer for GT Sport. Loved it. I don't have a lot of spare time in the first half of 2022 but i am planing on buying GT7 a Playseat Challenge and maybe a Fanatec GT DD Pro in about a year.

I am already hyped for GT7 and follow the news and discussions here all the time. Carry on! :)

Edit: Oh, and i am from Austria.

Last edited:

• Where are you from?

I found this GTPlanet in Google Chrome news in my tablet about the daily races of GTS.
I am from Vila do conde, Portugal.
I play racing games since I got my PSP when I was around six years old. Started playing Toca Driver 2.
No, I don't play with a steering wheel and I never tested to play with one.
I only play racing games. Usually I play NFS:Rivals, GTA, DiRT 4 or The Crew 1.
Well, like I am new I don't really know what I can do here, but I am going to be respectful with others and I will try to give my opinion when I can.
:gtplanet:

I've been reading the forums for years, don't remember how I first found it.
I use a G29 wheel.
I live in SW Florida, Charlotte County.
I play Racing Games 99% of the time. Started with a PS1, found Gran Turismo and have playing GT ever since on my main acct. Just resurrected this acct. for a family member.
Looking forward to GT7, counting the days till release and planning my next vacation for it.

• Where are you from?

I have been reading gt planet posts for years for tips but never been a member so restricted by what i can see but have been a gran turismo fan since original release on ps one but am not a fan of the online racing and deeply saddened by the way video games are being made with seclusion off single player offline mode and two player sofa games with my mates I'm a bit old school

• thanks for excepting me

• How did you find GTPlanet? Google search
  • Where are you from? Penzance Cornwall
  • When did you start playing racing games? 70s 80s arcades and all computers and game systems from then.
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? Logitech G29 VR and racing simulator seat.
  • What other games do you enjoy? all driving games and VR
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? need help

• Where are you from?

Greetings. Thanks for the ad.

1. Looking for ac mods eventually led me here. Quite like it.
2. Oz
3. iRacing and AC for 11 years now
4. Simucube SC2 Pro
5. I play games with my gf. Thats all ill say.
6. Reading a 3000+ page thread. :)

Hi every one, found GTplanet through a web search, I'm from the UK but don't hold that against me, I have been playing racing games probably since the mid 90s and I'm still rubbish, mainly play Assetto Corsa but also dirt rally 2 and project cars 1 & 2. Non racing games such as War Thunder, and RTS games.
I use a Logitech G29 wheel.
I hope to learn a lot from this forum.
Mike

Last edited:
HI everybody and Happy new year!

Searching for mods for Aseetto.
  • Where are you from?
Spain
When the glorious 1st need for speed underground came out but i always been passionate about motoring
Yes, a tspc with tlcm pedals, tss sequential shifter, th8a shifter ... all the thrustmaster ecosystem basically
ACC, iracig, Raceroom...

I like to make mods physics and edit mods with a lot of affection since I am passionate about the motor world.

Last edited:
Hi Jordan !!
I'm from northern Spain. I start playing GT4 with controller 9 years ago.
Others games: ICO, Metall Gear, GTA SA,IV & V, FF ,TOCA Race Driver 3, TLoU.
Last year I found a very cheap DFGT in very good shape, so I tryed GT4 again and I was so surprised of the experience. Wow. I got recently GT5 and 6 .
Now I want to learn Drive online with GT5 mastermod and GT Sport.
I'm looking for info about CFW, watching Tutorials, etc.
Hasta pronto ,,🙂

Back