iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
Yeah if you own the current truck you'll likely get a $5 credit or something. If you recently purchased it you might get more. Since the Toyota truck is new I would guess that's going to be full price for everyone. I would think they will do it like the nationwide cars and make the new trucks the only ones you can run in the official series.

Might not be much interest to many here but I saw they added southern national motorsports park to the scanned track list. It's a short track oval. I knew they had scanned it a while back but just saw in the forums today that a few days ago it was officially added to the scanned list. Should be out for S3 I would guess.

This is big for me as this is our "home" track. It's about an hour and a half from me and I have a bunch of friends that race there so I go there all the time. My one buddy won the track championship there in 2013 in late models and finished 2nd in the thanksgiving race didn't race there much this year cause he won the championship at a different track. Another thing that's big for me is I'm building a car to run there this season so it's going to be awesome to run some laps there anyway but especially the day before I go race. Only other tracks I've been on in real life that's on iracing is VIR a few times and summit point main course once but that was on 2 wheels.

Ok, thanks guys. Guess I'll just have to spend abit for the Tundra once it comes, but don't mind. I'll get the Silverado and get abit of credits back so I won't mind that. Its funny that a lot of the cars I used to really want I don't now. The ones I do want though:

BMW Z4 GT3
Out of all the GT3 cars, the Z4 is the one I really want. Every sim I've driven that car in (PC or console) I immediately feel comfortable in it so I feel the story could be the same here.

Camaro B Class
Another car I want, just because to me its the best looking car of the nationwide cars.

Super Late Model
Love this car ever since I saw it. Its a mix between the regular late model and the Old Cup car.

HPD ARX-01C
Only LMP on iRacing, still want it.

Others, well I painted skins for them so of course I still want those. It'll be about damn time I used them myself :lol:

Also, I've kinda forgotten how to put paint schemes in the folders. How does that work again? :lol:

BMW Z4 GT3
Out of all the GT3 cars, the Z4 is the one I really want. Every sim I've driven that car in (PC or console) I immediately feel comfortable in it so I feel the story could be the same here.

It's a very easy car to drive reasonably quick. With the newest updates though, it just doesn't want to roll through the center of the corner after a few laps on the tires. Seems to kill time for me but, I might just be struggling with the setup though.

Also, I've kinda forgotten how to put paint schemes in the folders. How does that work again? :lol:

Download TradingPaints for paints to be downloaded automatically!

Ok, will do.

Just discovered a nice looking metallic layer on the forum done by someone, its just what I always wanted for the CTS-VR. Gonna fix that up and then upload it.

Ok so I downloaded the program. How do I download my paint schemes now to use? Abit confused on that right now.

Edit: Got it to work. Definitely works differently then it did before.

Been getting used to the vehicles again. The Silverado feels different from last time, took much longer to get it under control but finally grasped it. Seems much more squirrely then I remember (though this is with a different wheel too so that is likely something to take into consideration too). The Cadillac CTS-VR feels somewhat different under braking, like it brakes much shorter then I last remember. Next car to try will be the SCCA Spec Ford Car, it was somewhat hairy last I remember so not sure what to expect this time.

Also, bought the Z4 and Spa. Can't wait to try those out :D

Last edited:
I think I could need some advice here. I'll get promoted to Class C by the end of the season but have not bought any content yet. Should I get the Ruf plus some tracks and drive the Ruf Cup or should I stay with the Madza Cup or Global Challange for a bit? I can drive quite consistent, but I'm relatively slow compared to the others around my license level.
My iRating is about 1350, SR is 3.5 D.
I totally love GT3 (-like) cars like the Ruf, but I'm wondering if I'd need some more training to be able to keep up with the others in the Ruf cup.

Any advice?

Tried the Z4 last night and it was just amazing. As its been the case, this has been the one car that I've gotten to grips with in every sim I've driven it in and it was no different here. Every lap, I kept finding time just when I thought I couldn't find anymore, a huge blast to drive.

I think I could need some advice here. I'll get promoted to Class C by the end of the season but have not bought any content yet. Should I get the Ruf plus some tracks and drive the Ruf Cup or should I stay with the Madza Cup or Global Challange for a bit? I can drive quite consistent, but I'm relatively slow compared to the others around my license level.
I totally love GT3 (-like) cars like the Ruf, but I'm wondering if I'd need some more training to be able to keep up with the others in the Ruf cup.

Any advice?
The only way to train is to get it so if you really like the RUF I'd wait until Season 2's schedule gets released then buy the car and just enough tracks to do the whole season with drop weeks.

The only way to train is to get it so if you really like the RUF I'd wait until Season 2's schedule gets released then buy the car and just enough tracks to do the whole season with drop weeks.
I couldn't resist and bought the Ruf with Suzuka and Bathurst, two of my favorite tracks. What a car! Now I should have enough time to practice with this badboy, and hopefully I'll be ready for some race action once S2 begins.

lol.

Silly me thinking I could actually do the 500 today.

Same boat as you. My setup wasn't the greatest but after hearing about them wiping everyone's points and stats from the race not to worried but sucks for a lot of people.

Also who all here runs the Nascar IRacing series? Would like to get a few tuning friends and would like to ask here first for the fact GTPlanet has one of the best communities before I search for other people.

Certain guys in MX5 practice servers constantly run wide off track, most of the time through gravel traps, so they can better their time. I've noticed a trend over the past few weeks I've been on. Usually fast guys who top the time sheets as well, which is disappointing.

I am genuinely impressed, I was expecting to say something like "it'd be cool if the did the oval too," but I didn't, I'm probably more excited than I should be :lol:.

So this evening a ran a race in the Continental Endurance Sports Car Series, It's meant to replicate the real Continental Tire Challenge series, utilizing the Mustang as the GS class and the MX-5 as the ST class. I was in a Mustang. Some of the best Mustang and MX-5 drivers on iRacing race in this league. We struggled for pace, we were consistent but ultimately we couldn't match the pace of the front runners. The car handled well in the infield but would chew its tires up on long runs and we were down a few MPH in the oval. We qualified 21st, I manged to get into 15th by the end of lap 1, I was spun around on lap 2 in the infield and that put us dead last. We managed to claw our way back up and ultimately finished 11th, missing out on 10th by a mere .100 of a second.. All and all I'm happy with our results, especially being a last minute effort and especially in this competitive of a field, however I feel if we would have work on the setup a bit more, we probably could have finished in a top 7 position.

So this evening a ran a race in the Continental Endurance Sports Car Series, It's meant to replicate the real Continental Tire Challenge series, utilizing the Mustang as the GS class and the MX-5 as the ST class. I was in a Mustang. Some of the best Mustang and MX-5 drivers on iRacing race in this league. We struggled for pace, we were consistent but ultimately we couldn't match the pace of the front runners. The car handled well in the infield but would chew its tires up on long runs and we were down a few MPH in the oval. We qualified 21st, I manged to get into 15th by the end of lap 1, I was spun around on lap 2 in the infield and that put us dead last. We managed to claw our way back up and ultimately finished 11th, missing out on 10th by a mere .100 of a second.. All and all I'm happy with our results, especially being a last minute effort and especially in this competitive of a field, however I feel if we would have work on the setup a bit more, we probably could have finished in a top 7 position.

I recognize some of those names, definitely a fast bunch guys you've got there

Certain guys in MX5 practice servers constantly run wide off track, most of the time through gravel traps, so they can better their time. I've noticed a trend over the past few weeks I've been on. Usually fast guys who top the time sheets as well, which is disappointing.

I seen this at Summit point on turn 2. Most would just go flat through the gravel..

Well good for iRacing, i personally find F1 cars online pointless because people's reactions arnt fast enough and niether is the netcode.

The current car is a higher downforced, non turbo'd version of the McLaren. People can't drive it now, how do they expect us to be able to drive with less downforce and sudden turbo boost. And since it's this years car, it won't even get out of the garage. :lol:

I'd much prefer them to try and get the Peugeot LMP1, or the Aston Martin Prodrive LMP1. Some sort of LMP1.

Yeah that was a competitive race, one of our cars finished 2nd, we thought we had the pace to win but were in major fuel saving mode at the end and ran out just crossing the line!

Any advice?

I'd like to recommend advanced mazda cup to you, yes we do run on a lot of payed tracks but for S2 the first track we'll be running will be okayama. There's a great group of guys racing in that series and it's a great place to get better at racecraft and battling closely with other people. When i started racing in that series i started as soon as i got my C license and was around 2k irating now three seasons later i've got 3380 IR and i've improved a lot.

PS: I also raced CESCS in the mustang the other black adder car came up on us in T1 near the end of the race which badly affected the cars handling which was unfortunate and my team probably lost the chance of a podium thanks to that. We still got 6th though and the racing was great so i'm definitely looking forward to sebring.

While iRacing looks good on my laptop, its not all that...great to me, even though its on my laptop's AMD A8 6410 Quad core processor. Since I didn't do anything to the graphics, I'm wondering what I need to do in order for the graphics to fully take advantage of the processor.

While iRacing looks good on my laptop, its not all that...great to me, even though its on my laptop's AMD A8 6410 Quad core processor. Since I didn't do anything to the graphics, I'm wondering what I need to do in order for the graphics to fully take advantage of the processor.

Do you mean that you're running it on a integrated and not a discrete card? Running on an integrated graphics option is always going to be an uphill battery. I was certain that my Alienware 14 was running on the integrated option. It didn't look too bad but, it would often become overloaded during races and skip. I then looked into some options and changed to my discrete card. Runs iRacing like a champ now. This is not directly for an integrated card but, you could try some of these things. http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1460197.page

In other news. I've run a race at Mid Ohio and a race at Road Atlanta in the GT3 series. I've definitely lost the pace that I used to have but, I still managed to finish 2nd and 3rd respectively. Now I'm going to try and see if I can still drive the FGT GTE car!

Latest Posts

Back