iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
So I'm attempting to re-calibrate my wheel (G27) and when asked to turn 90 degrees to the left, the degrees of rotation show 500, not 900 like they should.. Any reason for this?

So I'm attempting to re-calibrate my wheel (G27) and when asked to turn 90 degrees to the left, the degrees of rotation show 500, not 900 like they should.. Any reason for this?

Have you run the Logitech System profiler?

Have you run the Logitech System profiler?

Yes. The only issue I'm having is when calibrating the wheel within iRacing itself, I've had it happen before but I forget the fix for it.

Edit: Fixed. 👍

Last edited:
iRacing's first Le Mans 24h is about to kick off in 6 hours,

They really have put this event together well, limiting the natural practice sessions to ensure full lobbies etc, I've been in 2 of them this week and traffic is going to be bonkers,

Anyone tried the RUF GT3 @ Suzuka? Man that thing is soooo oversteery...

Yup, takes some getting use to, but that's how they are. I've been running the RUF in R3E for awhile driving the Green Hell, so I'm getting better at it in iRacing as it handles very similar as R3E. You can take the tight twisty sections very quickly with it though. Gotta use the accelerator to help balance the car while hitting the apex.

Great stuff! I just picked up iRacing Friday and it's just fantastic. I'm going to stay off the grid for awhile until I can do 20-30 laps without error. Just got my D license doing TTs.

Good day!
DrDetroit

Before the patch, you had sooo much grip coming out of corners, nowdays... not so much. It also doesn't help that there's so little rear wing on the setup at Suzuka that even going through the corner out of the esses is now a hassle to go flat out... (also did I mention insane understeer that snaps to oversteer through Spoon?)

Before the patch, you had sooo much grip coming out of corners, nowdays... not so much. It also doesn't help that there's so little rear wing on the setup at Suzuka that even going through the corner out of the esses is now a hassle to go flat out... (also did I mention insane understeer that snaps to oversteer through Spoon?)

That patch has busted the GT3 BoP, they made the Z4 more competitive in a different way, then made the McLaren more competitive also, ignored the Ford GT and made the Mercedes way overpowered,

Its something to do with aero drag sensitivity vs wedge, the Audi has 40mm of wedge, so its slower on straights, the Mercedes can get way lower in wedge without losing to much handling, so its strength is now straight line muscle with cornering ability,

Its something to do with aero drag sensitivity vs wedge, the Audi has 40mm of wedge, so its slower on straights, the Mercedes can get way lower in wedge without losing to much handling, so its strength is now straight line muscle with cornering ability,

Doesn't it kill its tires extremely quickly though?

Can anyone suggest a fix for throttle spiking on G27 pedals? I cleaned them out the other day when I noticed the throttle would "spike" going down the straights, but the issue still seems to persist. I should point out I re-calibrated the pedals after cleaning them. It wouldn't be a software issue would it? Is my throttle pedal broken?

Can anyone suggest a fix for throttle spiking on G27 pedals? I cleaned them out the other day when I noticed the throttle would "spike" going down the straights, but the issue still seems to persist. I should point out I re-calibrated the pedals after cleaning them. It wouldn't be a software issue would it? Is my throttle pedal broken?

I've never owned a G27 but if you've cleaned them and recalibrated and still no good maybe try reinstalling the driver or perhaps the potentiometer is bad.

I decided to try and get back into GT3 series again after running fixed (ruf) for a couple of seasons. I'm pretty limited on time and thus can't spend much time on building setups. The iRacing forums used to be great people shared their setups quite frequently. Now it seems nobody shares setups.

I decided to try and get back into GT3 series again after running fixed (ruf) for a couple of seasons. I'm pretty limited on time and thus can't spend much time on building setups. The iRacing forums used to be great people shared their setups quite frequently. Now it seems nobody shares setups.

Yeah its a shame, this team stuff has got to far serious, however, download virtual racing school, their app and website have helpful tips and some cases quality tunes,

It's funny it's gone that way for GT3 as honestly the setup isn't worth much in itself. It's not like oval where a setup can genuinely be worth 0.1-0.2 seconds a lap.

It's funny it's gone that way for GT3 as honestly the setup isn't worth much in itself. It's not like oval where a setup can genuinely be worth 0.1-0.2 seconds a lap.

Its circuit dependant, Nurburgring layouts require a lot of fine tuning, whereas Daytona only requires a flat car and a tall diff ratio,

The skill level of everyone in the Pro series is so high at this point, setups and car choice are super important. Each half tenth is worth a few positions now.

Anyone know how to fix a hypersensitive throttle pedal on a G27? I've been having this problem for a long time now (ever since I started iRacing) and I have no idea how to fix it. Basically even if I have the throttle barely down, the game still reads me having 75% throttle. Any idea how to fix this?

No idea man have you opened the pedals and give them a clean?

I want to upgrade from my trusty G25 wheel & pedals. I've had them since GT5 prologue and never had any problems. I've been looking at the Fanatec wheelbase v2, BMW rim and the V3 pedals. About £1500 worth of kit. However after trolling through several forums it seems quite a lot of people have had reliabilty problems and bad customer service with fanatec.

No idea man have you opened the pedals and give them a clean?

I want to upgrade from my trusty G25 wheel & pedals. I've had them since GT5 prologue and never had any problems. I've been looking at the Fanatec wheelbase v2, BMW rim and the V3 pedals. About £1500 worth of kit. However after trolling through several forums it seems quite a lot of people have had reliabilty problems and bad customer service with fanatec.

Honestly, the market between wheel makers has plateaued, everyone is making good stuff, specially thrustmaster and fanatec, you're going to as much positive and negative feedback for both those companies, my only advice is to find a contracted representative in your country, be it a box store or at least an online shop that has good reviews, at least then you have a place to return it to if it starts being horrible,

I have to admit that Fanatec's customer support has improved over the years (at one point it was not good at all, and is not perfect now by any means but does work given time). Their maintenance and initial setup guides have lacked which leads to some customer confusion and poor reviews at times. However if you are willing to do minor maintenance on your pedals from time to time and understand that sensors are fragile. I can recommend their pedals for the price. For my personal situation I would rather take the time and save for higher end equipment but I know that that is not always possible for many people. I currently own Fanatec CSP V2 pedals, occaisionally I get frustarated with intermittent throttle issues and have purchased replacement sensors but have not installed them yet.

I have to admit that Fanatec's customer support has improved over the years (at one point it was not good at all, and is not perfect now by any means but does work given time). Their maintenance and initial setup guides have lacked which leads to some customer confusion and poor reviews at times. However if you are willing to do minor maintenance on your pedals from time to time and understand that sensors are fragile. I can recommend their pedals for the price. For my personal situation I would rather take the time and save for higher end equipment but I know that that is not always possible for many people. I currently own Fanatec CSP V2 pedals, occaisionally I get frustarated with intermittent throttle issues and have purchased replacement sensors but have not installed them yet.

These are also issues with thrustmaster gear, and their customer service is similarly horrible,

Back