iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
For the first time ever, I've seen Circuit of the Americas in iRacing. There is this race from Apex Racing TV showing Ford Mustangs and Mazda Miatas racing COTA. Very nice detail. There isn't a single track I've been disappointed in seeing in iRacing. There could be a race in somebody's backyard on iRacing, and even then I'll like it thanks to the attention to detail in the locations.

I also have been seeing a few more of modified stock cars in iRacing lately. I never really caught on with modifieds, but I do like seeing them in action. Only game I played with modifieds was "NASCAR 07."

I've seen a few iRacing streams of Circuit de la Sarthe. The track was styled pretty well in the game. It's great to see this track in iRacing.

So I seen something pop up on my facebook last night about dirt content, it read along the lines of,

Three tracks will be sold content, Eldora, Volusia, and Williams Grove, at $11.95 a piece, USA International Speedway dirt edition will be free,

The winged sprint car will also be sold content, with three variants, 305ci, 360ci, and 410ci, you will only need to buy the one and you will get all three, just like the Ford GT or the Ruf package, same goes for the Late Model, 3 variants but I cant remember what they were, again each piece will be $11.95

The dirt variant of the NASCAR truck will also be available upon release, it will be free if you already have a current shape NASCAR truck, if not you will need buy that car,

The street stock will be free,

So I seen something pop up on my facebook last night about dirt content, it read along the lines of,

Three tracks will be sold content, Eldora, Volusia, and Williams Grove, at $11.95 a piece, USA International Speedway dirt edition will be free,

The winged sprint car will also be sold content, with three variants, 305ci, 360ci, and 410ci, you will only need to buy the one and you will get all three, just like the Ford GT or the Ruf package, same goes for the Late Model, 3 variants but I cant remember what they were, again each piece will be $11.95

The dirt variant of the NASCAR truck will also be available upon release, it will be free if you already have a current shape NASCAR truck, if not you will need buy that car,

The street stock will be free,

From everything I've been reading looks like you got it spot on. I hadn't heard anything about the price of the tracks so I figured 14.95 like road courses but nice they will be 11.95. Also there will be a legends that will be free. Read on twitter that the legends, street stock and USA dirt version will be the free base content and like you said get the truck for free if you already have one.

I'm just wondering what all will be available next week. They said at one point that on the 29th they were going to release dirt oval "in some form". Not sure what that means exactly. I'm guessing not all of it will be ready. I know the rallycross is going to be later as they said it's part on phase 2. Just curious if all the oval content will be ready. It would be 9 cars and 4 tracks total.

From everything I've been reading looks like you got it spot on. I hadn't heard anything about the price of the tracks so I figured 14.95 like road courses but nice they will be 11.95. Also there will be a legends that will be free. Read on twitter that the legends, street stock and USA dirt version will be the free base content and like you said get the truck for free if you already have one.

I'm just wondering what all will be available next week. They said at one point that on the 29th they were going to release dirt oval "in some form". Not sure what that means exactly. I'm guessing not all of it will be ready. I know the rallycross is going to be later as they said it's part on phase 2. Just curious if all the oval content will be ready. It would be 9 cars and 4 tracks total.

All the oval stuff currently seen in promo films are ready, there's still some hidden issues they're expecting but won't know what they are until the greater community reports it,

For those that haven't been on iracing today they released the dirt content for pre sale today for the upcoming release on Wednesday morning. The sprint cars, late models with eldora, Williams grove and volusia are all available for 11.95 for each piece of content. Good to go ahead and get it if you can so they can be downloaded because you guys know the servers are going to be screwey on Wednesday.

Nah your good week 13 was a couple weeks ago. They didn't have dirt quite ready for the new build so they are releasing it a couple weeks after the new season started.

And its tine of release means that they wont make it credit your iracing account for participation. Sneaky sneaky.....

I will begin streaming this evening US Eastern time. It's not great quality as I haven't got super internet (yet). But hopefully it will be interesting :)

*** cue "Gran Turismo 3" ***

"Come and get down and diiiiirty, baby! Diiirty baby!"

Get psyched and get sideways- iRacing just got dirty as the new dirt package got rolled out for iRacing. I saw one stream on Twitch of the new dirt model. It seems pretty cool. I'm sure the iRacing team will continue to refine this package over time. But for now, great to see this kind of racing. I just want to see some (eventually) rally or rallycross action in the future.

Get psyched and get sideways- iRacing just got dirty as the new dirt package got rolled out for iRacing. I saw one stream on Twitch of the new dirt model. It seems pretty cool. I'm sure the iRacing team will continue to refine this package over time. But for now, great to see this kind of racing. I just want to see some (eventually) rally or rallycross action in the future.

And you will, hopefully within the next 6 months,

Though iRacing certainly has booked up a lot of content expected to come out over the year, Ferrari 488 GTE, the Porsche package, Ford Fiesta rallycross, there's so much to look forward to,

You should really get into iRacing! It's kind of sad to hear you seem so excited yet not joining in!

I'm almost speechless at how good the implementation of dirt is on iRacing straight out of the box. It's awesome!

I had hours of fun just testing the Pro Late Model car last night. I mean I knew it would be fun, but I didn't know it would be this fun!

I jumped on for a few laps in the dirt street stock last night, was heaps of fun !
I really struggled though, after years of trying not to get sideways it seemed really strange having to get sideways.
Looks like I might have to buy some of the dirt content....Damn iRacing making me buy content all the time :lol: ... Love it though !

You should really get into iRacing! It's kind of sad to hear you seem so excited yet not joining in!

I had hours of fun just testing the Pro Late Model car last night. I mean I knew it would be fun, but I didn't know it would be this fun!
I jumped on for a few laps in the dirt street stock last night, was heaps of fun !
I really struggled though, after years of trying not to get sideways it seemed really strange having to get sideways.
Looks like I might have to buy some of the dirt content....Damn iRacing making me buy content all the time :lol: ... Love it though !

Give the 410 sprint car a go, I found it a lot easier to drive, except for the 'wheelie upon pit exit' mode it has, the baseline setup at Eldora is primo!

The thing that's really taken me is how well constructed everything is so far, the model for track evolution really illustrates just how well it actually works both with road feel and how it takes place visually,

Word of the wise though, some people people have experienced incredibly high force feedback numbers, and with the Bodnar and Thrustmaster products its like driving a truck without power steering and the entire 50 tonne load on the steer axle, so just check your settings first otherwise you'll be peeling bits of yourself off your wall for months...

You know, I find it interesting how people were fairly excited and took full advantage of dirt oval racing in iRacing. I'm surprised I didn't get to see people say that dirt oval racing is overrated or something along those lines. So I think it's cool people have embraced this style of racing.

I've seen mostly everything from street stocks, dirt late models, and the World of Outlaws sprint cars in iRacing. I still have never played any game devoted to dirt oval racing in some capacity. Getting a good slide in the corners while also having proper throttle balance are key to getting around the dirt ovals. It's a delicate balance that is awesome when done right. So if you get to see some videos or streams of iRacing drivers getting sideways on dirt, enjoy the show!

If that wasn't an April Fools joke, i'd drive it.

This MUST be done. YES. WE NEED THIS.

Also... yay dirt... so we must be completely sensible for the celebration of this release...

McLaren MP4-30. USA International Dirt. Who's interested?

I recently got back on iRacing and wow.. Night and day difference between now and when my membership lapsed 4 months ago. They've really made some great improvements to the service; and the Porsche is fantastic. :drool:

Is anyone planning on contesting the Nurburgring 24 in a few weeks time?

I recently got back on iRacing and wow.. Night and day difference between now and when my membership lapsed 4 months ago. They've really made some great improvements to the service; and the Porsche is fantastic. :drool:

Is anyone planning on contesting the Nurburgring 24 in a few weeks time?

I was but I pulled out early, I've lost touch with GT3 cars lately, cant seem to drive them without falling over, plus there is only one GT3 car available and that's the Audi, which is kinda disappointing, I'd be all over it if they included the Mustang,

Is it me or does the new GT3 tire model make it so that the steering wheel isn't actually connected to the front wheels and the throttle is near power-on oversteer?

Our Porsche for the Nurburgring 24 hours this weekend.

CanAm VRL 1a.png

CanAm VRL 1b.png

Is it me or does the new GT3 tire model make it so that the steering wheel isn't actually connected to the front wheels and the throttle is near power-on oversteer?

I've had the same issue, you need to recalibrate the wheel for every car, go into a practice and press F7? The one with the FFB at the bottom of the list, run some and laps and a little 'auto' icon will pop up in the bottom right of that window, click that and it will recalibrate the wheel on the move, continue to do that for a few laps until you get the feel you want,

Our Porsche for the Nurburgring 24 hours this weekend.

View attachment 642590
View attachment 642591

Looking sharp, this will be the first time in 4 years I'll be sitting out an N24, which I'm not to happy about, but I've lost the touch with GT race cars, so I'm sitting out for the benefit of the team,

Back