iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
I've had the same issue, you need to recalibrate the wheel for every car, go into a practice and press F7? The one with the FFB at the bottom of the list, run some and laps and a little 'auto' icon will pop up in the bottom right of that window, click that and it will recalibrate the wheel on the move, continue to do that for a few laps until you get the feel you want,
Just recently got back into Iracing and didnt know about this thanks for the info. It did improve the feel for me. Not sure what it changed besides uping my ffb by .2 though.

Just recently got back into Iracing and didnt know about this thanks for the info. It did improve the feel for me. Not sure what it changed besides uping my ffb by .2 though.

I dont know either, but it gave me my confidence back and then some,

My only worry with the new UI is that if it really is not web browser based, then what will happen to the forums? Traditionally games that aren't run through a separate client than in the actual game have great forum involvement, while ones that have the game within it's own separate full screen software often lose numbers on the forums side.

Looks like we are getting a new short track paved oval in the next update, Myrtle Beach Speedway. There hasn't been a official announcement but Tony Gardner made post in the super late model forum about the schedule for next season and mentioned MB speedway would be in the next build.

Looks like we are getting a new short track paved oval in the next update, Myrtle Beach Speedway. There hasn't been a official announcement but Tony Gardner made post in the super late model forum about the schedule for next season and mentioned MB speedway would be in the next build.
I do like the recent pace of content releasing but my wallet doesn't.

Its all well and good to sneak in these short tracks, but there's a lot of stuff already in sim that needs updating,

I saw this Indy 500 deal on YouTube back on Sunday night from the Racespot channel. It was cool. I've seen a whole bunch of iRacing events. And to be honest, none of it ever gets old or feels old. Like, you haven't seen the same thing(s) in one race that you have in some other event. I still prefer being an iRacing spectator than a competitor. But regardless, iRacing is an amazing experience.

the problem will be solved when rallycross is released

I dont know..they didnt do a separate licence for dirt, how would they have time to do one for dirt and one for rally cross?

you really need it, dirt SR is so different to anything else.

Then you watch videos of rallycross and it is even more nuts...

I dont know..they didnt do a separate licence for dirt, how would they have time to do one for dirt and one for rally cross?

you really need it, dirt SR is so different to anything else.

Then you watch videos of rallycross and it is even more nuts...

They have claimed from the beginning that they will have a separate license for Dirt. But, it will not be immediately released. Stating they realize there will be plenty of bugs to work out before they 'try' to implement a whole separate Licensing structure for Dirt alone.

Also, from an iRacing consumer standpoint, I realize it would have been lame for them to release all the new COOL Dirt content...and make EVERYONE go 'Rookie' (and race the slow crap) before getting to actually Race the GOOD STUFF!! lol

So....they said there would/will be a separate License for Dirt...how/when/will it work out..?..idk! But, I agree! There NEEDS to be one!!

On a side note: Many of my iR Teammates are SERIOUSLY looking forward to Rallycross!! So, in that aspect >> I hope they BRING IT!!

Its all well and good to sneak in these short tracks, but there's a lot of stuff already in sim that needs updating,

Totally agree!! I was STUNNED when I signed up, purchased Siverstone (without doing advance research) and found out it was the OLD layout!! (((what??))) Don't get me wrong the old layout is cool and all...BUT SERIOUSLY!?!? They supposedly scanned it eons ago...but NO RELEASE?? I don't care the excuse...I can't figure that one out!!

Last edited:
Totally agree!! I was STUNNED when I signed up, purchased Siverstone (without doing advance research) and found out it was the OLD layout!! (((what??))) Don't get me wrong the old layout is cool and all...BUT SERIOUSLY!?!? They supposedly scanned it eons ago...but NO RELEASE?? I don't care the excuse...I can't figure that one out!!

There is a note pack somewhere in the forums that they have planned or already have scanned the new Silverstone layout, also there is supposed to be a Lime Rock Park rescan,

With only a handful of weeks remaining until the end of the season I winter what week 13 will bring.

For someone who hasn't played in almost three years and is returning again, I have a couple of questions. How does the current version of the Tire Model feel compared to real life or other racing games? How is the oval racing? How is the road racing (with the exclusion of GT3 and Porsche/Ruf cup since I have read plenty about how much of a 🤬-show that is)? Do you guys feel like you have gotten faster/more consistent over your iRacing career?

Thanks in advance. :):cheers:

I can't speak for official races but the league races that I've been apart of (road and oval) have been great lately. The Tire model is the best it's been in quite sometime. I will say that I honestly believe the official series has been over-saturated with cars compared to the amount of users at any given time.

I am new to iracing and joined December 1st. I dipped down to a 1,000 IR and have been at 2,000 IR for about a month. I can honestly say, I have gotten much better. My experience with iracing has been great. I love all the statistics and looking them over.

been a while....anyone remind me how many weeks are counted towards your series total points/time attack ladder? was it 7 or 8 weeks?

been a while....anyone remind me how many weeks are counted towards your series total points/time attack ladder? was it 7 or 8 weeks?

8 weeks for typical series, 7 weeks for low and mid class dirt oval, 6 weeks for world of outlaws,

So far the Indy 500 has been a disaster, I won my split last night, only 5 cars did the last 50 laps, some splits below and above mine didn't even go full distance,

8 weeks for typical series, 7 weeks for low and mid class dirt oval, 6 weeks for world of outlaws,

So far the Indy 500 has been a disaster, I won my split last night, only 5 cars did the last 50 laps, some splits below and above mine didn't even go full distance,

Where can I check?

Currently doing the 305 sprint (D Class)

Where can I check?

Currently doing the 305 sprint (D Class)

That's 7 weeks, on your home screen, there is the drop tabs task bar, the one to the right of the 'store' list is the drop down menu you need, should have a choice called 'my race participation', you need to scroll to the bottom of that page,

I think we should make an iRacing info thread, when the new interface comes out,

I was in split 11 I think, first of the non qualifying splits. Pretty fun I was car 25 so I started there and ended up finishing 6th. Had two different fuel strategies going at the end so it was really exciting. Nice job on the win!

I was in split 11 I think, first of the non qualifying splits. Pretty fun I was car 25 so I started there and ended up finishing 6th. Had two different fuel strategies going at the end so it was really exciting. Nice job on the win!

I accidentally knocked my fuel mixture up on my second to last stop when I was messing with the weight jacker, ended up running out of fuel in turn 4, trying to make sure I had enough speed to coast and waste as little time as possible I attacked the pit stripe, locked up and spun 180, was coasting backwards down pit lane, ended up stopping around 5 spots shy of my box, had to tow, buy got a lucky caution, only lost a lap and immediately got a wave around,

There was some seriously stupid things going on though, like there was a bunch of people triggering their pit limiters as soon as they left the track around 250 meters before pit lane, people just getting overly aggressive,

I missed the start thinking I had more time, started from pit lane and was pulling 1 second per lap on the leaders, I was spewing qualifying closed and I missed it, but it was obvious that no one in my split practiced, and it seemed that not many people had actually driven the car or track...

Sorry for the double post! But it is necessary....

Attachments

• wp_ss_20170526_0003.png
    wp_ss_20170526_0003.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 24
Oh man, again! My team has been setting up and practicing with the Ford GT for 3 weeks already and then iRacing do this.

Why the hell they do this 2 weeks before a major event is beyond me.

Back