iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
Oh man, again! My team has been setting up and practicing with the Ford GT for 3 weeks already and then iRacing do this.

Why the hell they do this 2 weeks before a major event is beyond me.

Such is iracing......

Why the cars will end up in IMSA is beyond me..... They should replace the GT1/2 cars in proto GT with them, and restore GT1 to its former self,

Though there is so much disused content getting around now, and we can be sure to expect another major announcement or surprise come week 13,

I saw about the second half of the 2.4 Hours of Le Mans event that was on the GSRC Channel online. Many of the drivers who competed suffered disconnects, so the event was a non-points event. It was still pretty cool to watch. Though I watch a lot of oval racing on iRacing streams, it is refreshing to see some good road racing action. It was still fun to watch though not a points event.

I'm supposed to be doing an Indy 500 this weekend in Pac 6 and I have now Idea how to even consistently get the car to go around the track, I hate having to crank the weight jacker around just for T1.

I'm sadly not racing (for now) in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. I hate all four cars that are being used... I'm not super comfortable around the track... and I don't even have a team to race with!

I'm supposed to be doing an Indy 500 this weekend in Pac 6 and I have now Idea how to even consistently get the car to go around the track, I hate having to crank the weight jacker around just for T1.

For my Indy 500 split I used the iracing fixed setup, lowered the wings to .17 front and -2.50 rear, and you have to move the weight jacket from 0 to -8 over the stint, a stint is around 29 laps on full mix,

Hopefully this is just the beginning and there'll be more GTE/GTLM cars for us to enjoy in the future.

Expect the Porsche in the not to distant future, Id say definitely for Petit Le Mans, guess we are gonna have to wait and see about the vette and Aston,

Also, while its been marketed, dont expect the Porsche 919 hybrid to come at all.....

Expect the Porsche in the not to distant future, Id say definitely for Petit Le Mans, guess we are gonna have to wait and see about the vette and Aston,

Also, while its been marketed, dont expect the Porsche 919 hybrid to come at all.....

Doing simracing for a few years has taught me not to expect anything, haha. To some extent I usually try to avoid information about what is in the pipeline so whenever there's new content I'm just pleasantly surprised. As you write though, it's difficult to not expect an addition of the RSR in the not too distant future followed by the Vette and the Aston later on.

About adding an LMP1 car, I don't really see the reason why they would do that. I would rather see them adding an DPi/LMP2 car since that should be somewhat easier/simpler to manage and drive, and therefore appeal to a larger share of the player base.

Last edited:
Doing simracing for a few years has taught me not to expect anything, haha. To some extent I usually try to avoid information about what is in the pipeline so whenever there's new content I'm just pleasantly surprised. As you write though, it's difficult to not expect an addition of the RSR in the not too distant future followed by the Vette and the Aston later on.

About adding an LMP1 car, I don't really see the reason why they would do that. I would rather see them adding an DPi/LMP2 car since that should be somewhat easier/simpler to manage and drive, and therefore appeal to a larger share of the player base.

The Corvette and Aston would be surprises, I doubt they will come, which is sad,

The problem with the 919 Hybrid is the hybrid drivetrain. They cant farm or deploy it within its realistic parameters,

I would love to see the DPi and LMP2 cars, but there needs to be a modern LMP1 car, even circa 2007-12, non hybrid,

The Corvette and Aston would be surprises, I doubt they will come, which is sad,

The problem with the 919 Hybrid is the hybrid drivetrain. They cant farm or deploy it within its realistic parameters,

I would love to see the DPi and LMP2 cars, but there needs to be a modern LMP1 car, even circa 2007-12, non hybrid,
Isn't the hybrid system similar in some way to the F1 system?

Isn't the hybrid system similar in some way to the F1 system?

They're quite different actually. The MGU-K in F1 is charging through kinetic energy from the braking. And the MGU-H takes the Heat from the Turbo to create energy. These are stored and can be used to gain an extra 160hp when deploying Hybrid power.

In an LMP1 car all of the companies use different systems. Audi, Porsche and Toyota are using an F1 style MGU-K system. Porsche has a second system though that is a standalone turbine that is constantly generating electricity while the engine is running. In 2014 Toyota was boasting a 1000hp TS040, which meant that their hybrid system was putting out 400-450hp. In 2015, no numbers were officially released from any manufacturers (That I'm aware of) but it was believed that the Porsche Hybrid system was outputting anywhere from 600-700hp.

Anybody here looking to run the 24hr of Le Mans in the Ferrari? We need one more for our team that can drive around 5-6 hours total if anybody is interested.

Some interesting release notes

Dynamic Track
– The rate of conduction and convection of heat from the track has been decreased, which will result in higher track temperatures and quicker buildup of heat due to the running of cars on track.

Tires
– The temperature effects from locking up a wheel have been improved. Now the temperature is kept separately for the contact patch and the entire tire surface, so lockup heats up the contact area much faster which reduces grip. Also, the temperature drops rapidly upon releasing the brake and allowing wheel rotation. This keeps the tire from becoming too “greasy” after a lockup. Both effects deal much more realistically with tire hot spots on the surface of the tire.

Circuit of the Americas
– Some 1x zones have been slightly relaxed, especially the red paint areas entering and exiting a curb.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
– Some 1x zones have been slightly relaxed, especially in areas entering and exiting curbing.

To configure the new shaders, the dynamic reflections really tank the frame rate and are currently rendered on the CPU, therefore only just usable on high end intel CPU's and sadly pretty much unusable, static are just a placeholder for now and does nothing

Last edited:
Some interesting release notes

Dynamic Track
– The rate of conduction and convection of heat from the track has been decreased, which will result in higher track temperatures and quicker buildup of heat due to the running of cars on track.

Tires
– The temperature effects from locking up a wheel have been improved. Now the temperature is kept separately for the contact patch and the entire tire surface, so lockup heats up the contact area much faster which reduces grip. Also, the temperature drops rapidly upon releasing the brake and allowing wheel rotation. This keeps the tire from becoming too “greasy” after a lockup. Both effects deal much more realistically with tire hot spots on the surface of the tire.

Circuit of the Americas
– Some 1x zones have been slightly relaxed, especially the red paint areas entering and exiting a curb.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
– Some 1x zones have been slightly relaxed, especially in areas entering and exiting curbing.

Anything about the twitchiness of some of the cars when you go a bit sideways?

Anything about the twitchiness of some of the cars when you go a bit sideways?
http://www.iracing.com/2017-season-3-release-notes/

No, I ran the FGT7 last night, it doesn't like trailbraking, if you save it, you still run the risk of hooking the other way. but once you figure the car out, it's pretty nice to drive other than the sound of the nasty V6 (not iRacing's fault, I just don't like the sound of that engine for the car).

To configure the new shaders, the dynamic reflections really tank the frame rate and are currently rendered on the CPU, therefore only just usable on high end intel CPU's and sadly pretty much unusable, static are just a placeholder for now and does nothing

I have an i7-5820k and a 980Ti running a single 1080P TV and it tanked from 130+FPS(upwards of 200 without the cap at 130) to 40-80 FPS with 3 cars on track at Le Mans and cube maps at 2.

iRacing, you suck sometimes you damn profit driven mentality. You knew these issues in MAY!!! YOU KNEW MEMORY LEAKS IN MAY YET YOU STILL WENT AHEAD WITH IT!!!

I am sorry for those who crashed, my heart goes out to you, all those tears, blood and sweat.

https://pretendracecars.net/2017/06...test-in-iracings-virtual-24-hours-of-le-mans/
(website has the screenshots of people telling iracing of memory leak issue sin May).

The recent Le Man thread has them posting sorry blah blah will investigate now. How does this make sense? They should of known...

Back