iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments

Aside from all the new content, some things I found interesting:

• Max car types increased from 8 to 12. Welcome update but gonna hurt those with weak CPUs and low RAM.
  • Tons of Spotter updates including information on car damage etc.
  • Wheel damage now repaired first when in the pits. Very welcome.
  • Tyre/surface friction changes for off track. I assume it will now be more noticeable when you hit sand etc.

iR 2023 Season 4

2023 Season 4 Release Notes [2023.09.05.03]

Season highlights include:

Acura ARX-06 GTP

Ferrari 296 GT3

NASCAR Classic Pontiac Grand Prix - 1987

Porsche 963 GTP

Super Formula SF23

Circuit de Lédenon

Kern County Raceway Park (Asphalt Track, Dirt Track, Legends, and Dirt Mini Oval)

Circuit Zandvoort, 2023 rescan and full update (Grand Prix, Grand Prix w/ Chicane, Nationaal, and Oostelijk)

SIM Optimizations (Improved loading times, & reduced memory usage footprint)

Ability to load 12 car models per Session

Additional Spotter Calls (Incidents & off-track ahead/behind, damage report, time/laps remaining, and Strength of Field report)

Driver Audio Filters (ear protection and helmet effects)

Results Page overhaul and Search function

New Damage Model for 12 vehicle models [Acura ARX-06 GTP, Dirt UMP Modified, Ferrari 296 GT3, Ford Mustang FR500S, Modified - SK / NASCAR Whelen Tour Modified (both models), NASCAR Classic Pontiac Grand Prix - 1987, NASCAR Xfinity Class Cars (all 3 models), Porsche 963 GTP, and Super Formula SF23]

AI Racing for 8 vehicle models [Acura ARX-06 GTP, ARCA Menards Chevy / Gen 4 Cup (Gen 4 Cup Car), Audi 90 GTO, Ferrari 296 GT3, NASCAR Classic Pontiac Grand Prix - 1987, Nissan GTP ZXT, Porsche 963 GTP, Super Formula SF23]

AI Racing at 18 track configurations [Circuit de Lédenon, Circuit Zandvoort (ALL 4 Configs), Kern County Raceway Park (Asphalt Oval & Legends), The Milwaukee Mile, Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke (Grand Prix w/out Arena, Kurzanbindung w/out Arena, Sprintstrecke), Road Atlanta (Club, Short), and [Legacy] Silverstone Circuit - 2008 (ALL 5 Configs)]

Hundreds of professionally crafted iRacing vehicle setups

Grass no longer feels like ice 👍
Indeed - big progress.

Devs have acknowledged further patches incoming however as people already finding corners where dipping into grass and sand can be exploited to give a car crazily unrealistic grip levels.

Of course some idiots trying to exploit everything. Should be instantly get banned from every sim.
To be fair these are not necessarily "exploits" in the cheating sense, just that players finding ways to be faster legally. A particular corner might have previously been fastest with two tyres on the kerb and two on the road, but now players are finding they have more grip if they put two tyres on the sand inside the corner instead. Previously the sand was like ice so you stayed on the kerb. Now in some places the sand is grippy so players naturally put tyres on it.

Obviously this is not everywhere - just a quirk of some sections of tracks that need to be resolved as it is far from realistic.

Won my first iRacing special event tonight! And first with the team I’m on!
iRacingSim64DX11_2023.10.07-18.55.png

Last edited:
It looks that is not a exclusive deal, THANKS GOD

So I finally bought the Acura ARX-06 GTP. I plan on doing the fixed IMSA Series today but I'm unsure about the MGUK, is this something I have to play around with throughout the race or can I just leave it in balanced mode?

So I finally bought the Acura ARX-06 GTP. I plan on doing the fixed IMSA Series today but I'm unsure about the MGUK, is this something I have to play around with throughout the race or can I just leave it in balanced mode?
In my testing for the Daytona 24, I’ve found it’s best to keep it in balanced mode (which keeps the battery around 50%) most of the time. If you switch to attack (which tries to drain to 0%), you really only want to do it for a lap or two. Because when you switch back to balanced it will take a lap or to to regenerate battery back to around 50%. And it achieves this by deploying for less time at corner exit which will hurt your acceleration. At the start of a race, I’d leave it in attack until the battery gets around 40-50% then switch back to balanced.

Massive update incoming 🔥

Last edited:
Gonna be paying attention to this thread. Been contemplating dipping a toe into PC racing for a while now. If this new update is all it’s cracked up to be, I might be dropping a couple grand soon

Big news is of course rain - but also the splitting of the road licence in two - "Formula" and "Sports Car". A driver's iR and SR at the time of the switch will be mapped straight into the new licences.

Rain is coming to the series that run GTP, LMP2, GT3 (the 11 cars in IMSA), FF1600, GR86 and F4.

So we might actually have rain at some special events this year. Good times ahead!

1707933028581.png
1707933127567.png

Last edited:
Finally.

Splitting the road license is a great change too, now it won't feel like you're getting punished for trying something different.

A longer video, with TK playing in the rain.. he is speaking portuguese, but you can activate english subtitles. Pretty cool, but it does look like it will be hard to drive haha

I wonder if the ones begging and crying for rain to be added will suddenly regret it once it actually comes :).

Haven't raced anything official for years, but remember there were plenty that could hardly handle dry conditions, hope their complaints department is ready when half the grid gets taken out on the first downpour.

It's finally here, almost. Still under maintenance.

I noticed that they updated their anticheat. Has this ever been a problem before? This is the only game I play where I don't see any complaints about it.

Last edited:
It's finally here, almost. Still under maintenance.

I noticed that they updated their anticheat. Has this ever been a problem before? This is the only game I play where I don't see any complaints about it.
You hear the odd story about grip hacks from time to time but generally iRacing seems to have cheating under control.

I love this little extract from the 2024 S2 patch notes:

"The starter motor torque curve has been improved for 3-cylinder cars.
- - This should help with issues where some of these cars fail to start at high altitudes."

It's a wonderful example of how devs continue to push the simulation aspect of iRacing (and other sim titles). They could have easily scripted the cars to start under all conditions but instead chose the simulation path to achieve a fix.

Last edited:
Did my first races in the rain today and wow, they were carnage but a lot of fun. I was going to skip week 13 but the Funny Forcast series was too tempting. The weather system is really impressive. The amount of spray coming off the cars at high speed is insane, you can't see ANYTHING.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

My car took a beating in this race and wasn't driving straight for the last 2 laps.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back