iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
Cool, have fun :) @Dylan

Can't remember the names but there are some sites/apps that show the participation of iR Series so you can exactly see when the most people are racing series x/y.

iR has a lot of cool cars but theres a problem and a solution i would love to see too:

Last edited:
So after testing the IndyCar during a test drive period, I decided I wanted to start working my way up to it. After testing out some of the Junior open wheel categories, I settled on the Indy Pro 2000 series. The series doesn’t have huge participation but on most week nights it has 1 to 2 races go official. Usually around 8pm and 10pm est. I’m in my 4th week of the season, and I absolutely love this car. Has the right balance between aero and mechanical grip, and has a nice manageable amount of power. Since I started iRacing a year and a half ago, this is by far my favorite car to drive after C class trucks.
When I did iRacing, the IndyCar was a great fun to drive and the IP2K and USF2000 were great cars to push around. On the short ovals, you can get good races in both cars if you get lucky with the people in your split and they're intense without getting too IRL-pack race style at places like Phoenix.

For future reference, the first timeslot on the Indy Open is their SoF and a lot of people do that. When I did it, I was in the bottom split but it was still good fun. Ended up winning a couple races in a row at the Nordschleife and Motegi Oval.
Can't remember the names but there are some sites/apps that show the participation of iR Series so you can exactly see when the most people are racing series x/y.
The forums are the best place to go. For IndyCar, there's a good community of people prepared to help as long as you don't annoy them. If iRacing did a console game for IndyCar, I don't think I'd do anything else.

Last edited:
I started a monthly subscription to try it out and I’m definitely impressed! It was daunting at first but I’m getting used to all the menus and options now.

I have only used the MX5 so far but it’s fun and easy, if this car was in GT7 then it would be sliding all over the place.

I’m practicing for the current MX5 race, but the track is small so I expect carnage.

Last edited:
FaN1WMLXEAI1XXs.jpg

New members get 75% off new memberships!

Now through August 22, 2022, *Offer valid for new accounts only, not valid for purchases made through Steam or EPIC.

Get a $10 Credit For Each Friend That Signs Up for One or Two Years With You As a Reference!

Invite them to join, and you could earn $10 iRacing credit to use for future renewals, cars, tracks and hosted sessions! Simply use this link or tell your friends to put the email you used to register your own iRacing account in the “Referring Member Email” field when they purchase their own subscription. We’ll send you a promotional code worth $10 for each confirmed new member referral.

Offer only applies to 12 and 24 month subscriptions. Offer not valid for free memberships or to any new membership offers with a cost equal to or less than the referral program credit($10USD).

GT7 killed my love for online racing but this game has brought it back to life. I think this is going to cost me a lot of money, I’m already looking to upgrade from my G29.

Last edited:
It took me 6 races in the MX5 Cup but I made it to Class D, I think It could be done in 4 without any incidents though. Pretty much everybody said this series is carnage but the racing has been really clean, the incident points against me were my own errors.

I just bought the Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020, Silverstone and Watkins Glen for the Ferrari GT3 Challenge, it seems like a fun series.

Last edited:
Rudskogen Motorsenter will be coming to iRacing in 2022 Season 4 as free base content!

They should make all new tracks free at least for week 13. I’m still bitter about purchasing Winton :lol:.

That being said, the track looks like it has potential.

"Electrification comes to iRacing for the first time with 2022 Season 4, as iRacing and Porsche have teamed up to bring the Porsche Mission R concept car to the world’s premier motorsport simulator with next week’s build. The car will be available for purchase by all iRacing users immediately upon the release of the new build, and will be playable in public, hosted, league, time trial, and test drive modes.

One of the automotive industry’s premier brands steps into the future with the Porsche Mission R, Porsche’s first all-electric GT racing car and the first-ever electric car to come to iRacing. Designed to match the established Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car in terms of performance, the Mission R is a preview of what the future of customer motorsports will look like as the racing industry continues to evolve with the embrace of electrification efforts.

Generating more than 800 kilowatts of power from its dual electric motors, the car accelerates from 0-100 kilometers per hour (0-60 mph) in under 2.5 seconds. Its fast-charging capabilities allow the car to recharge up to 75% of its battery life in just 15 minutes between races. And in perhaps its most relevant innovation of all to the sim racing world, the Mission R’s self-contained, monocoque-type driver cell can be used outside of the car as a simulator—giving drivers an opportunity to test in the virtual world in the same environment they’ll utilize in the real one.

iRacers can get their first taste of the Porsche Mission R during next week’s Season 3 Week 13, where it’ll be featured in the Shiny New Shakedown series. The fixed-setup Mission R Challenge series will debut as a part of 2022 Season 4."

Last edited:
Word is we’re also getting oschersleben in the new build. Seems like a solid update.

I’m intrigued but skeptical of the Porsche, I wanna see some other people use it before I drop any money on it

01-1536x864.jpg

"iRacing will add Motorsport Arena Oschersleben to a list of well over 100 officially licensed tracks available on the world’s premier sim racing service with the release of the 2022 Season 4 build next week. The German track will feature four layouts—Grand Prix, Moto, and two shorter layouts utilizing parts of the track—upon release, and will be purchasable by all iRacers for use in public races, hosted and league sessions, time attack, and test drive gameplay modes."

"Motorsport Arena Oschersleben will be a part of numerous series in iRacing’s 2022 Season 3 Week 13 calendar, including the Shiny New Shakedown with the previously announced Porsche Mission R, as well as the 13th Week GT3 Challenge – Fixed, Ferrari GT3 Challenge, and Porsche Cup Series. Following Week 13, Oschersleben will be present on numerous series calendars from 2022 Season 4 forward."

01-1536x864.jpg

"iRacing will add Motorsport Arena Oschersleben to a list of well over 100 officially licensed tracks available on the world’s premier sim racing service with the release of the 2022 Season 4 build next week. The German track will feature four layouts—Grand Prix, Moto, and two shorter layouts utilizing parts of the track—upon release, and will be purchasable by all iRacers for use in public races, hosted and league sessions, time attack, and test drive gameplay modes."

"Motorsport Arena Oschersleben will be a part of numerous series in iRacing’s 2022 Season 3 Week 13 calendar, including the Shiny New Shakedown with the previously announced Porsche Mission R, as well as the 13th Week GT3 Challenge – Fixed, Ferrari GT3 Challenge, and Porsche Cup Series. Following Week 13, Oschersleben will be present on numerous series calendars from 2022 Season 4 forward."

So after testing the IndyCar during a test drive period, I decided I wanted to start working my way up to it. After testing out some of the Junior open wheel categories, I settled on the Indy Pro 2000 series. The series doesn’t have huge participation but on most week nights it has 1 to 2 races go official. Usually around 8pm and 10pm est. I’m in my 4th week of the season, and I absolutely love this car. Has the right balance between aero and mechanical grip, and has a nice manageable amount of power. Since I started iRacing a year and a half ago, this is by far my favorite car to drive after C class trucks.
2C617F61-AFE7-44F2-B474-1796BEB80D48.jpeg

Finished 16th overall in the championship, and got my first Divisional championship!

Looks like they've had a change of heart about stopping after the Buick. Hopefully they can scan an Oldsmobile and complete the set; if they're doing four they might as well do all five, really.

Did 3 races in the Ferrari GT3 Challenge yesterday and all of them were a disaster, this is a very tricky car to master around Silverstone. The braking feels different compared to ACC or GT7, you can't just slam on the brakes without the rear getting loose. I've been using 55 BB to keep it a little more stable, but today I might just say screw Silverstone and practice for Laguna Seca.

Another thing I noticed with this compared to GT7 is that you are better off not following really close because of the latency, there will be contact even though it doesn't look like it on screen.

I discovered a nice little channel for track guides too, lots of valuable info.

Last edited:
Just my two cents.

I've been playing iRacing for about two months and I'm really liking so far. The races are much more fun than the ones in GT7, for example, because of the quali and the way the starts work. I mean, sometimes in GT7 you start 1+ behind the car in front already.
Even the AI races are better, wich is kinda sad, tbh.
The only problem I had so far, was when I tried to play with 3 monitors, because the game started crashing in most of the races. The support said it is because my GTX 980Ti is dying. Playing with 1 monitor it's challenging, since the limited vision makes very hard to position yourself in the track, especially when battling with someone, but you do get used to this, I guess.

It is very expensive tho, even more when compared to other games.

I love Okayama circuit after doing a bit of the Ferrari GT3 Challenge series today.

The series is fun, but it’s hard increase my safety rating in it. I usually suck in qualy and then the first few laps are an absolute **** show most of time, this stems from the fact that at least half the lobby doesn’t understand how to get in formation for the start.

But once everyone gets sorted out a few laps in it’s a lot of fun.

Last edited:
On one hand, this is cool as hell. On the other, we get the one with the nostrils. Hopefully we get an another LMDh to race against it at some point.
Not gonna lie, I kinda like the nostrils on this and the M4 GT3. But I can see why people wouldn’t.

But yeah hopefully there’s more to come. IRacing has a good relationship with Porsche so there’s some hope. I’m interested to see how this compares to the LMP2.

Not gonna lie, I kinda like the nostrils on this and the M4 GT3. But I can see why people wouldn’t.

But yeah hopefully there’s more to come. IRacing has a good relationship with Porsche so there’s some hope. I’m interested to see how this compares to the LMP2.
Maybe the Caddie as well since it’s on a Dallara chassis.

Toyota GR86 was just announced, and it’s free!

People are also saying that this pic was taken at Magny-Cours which was confirmed to be in development earlier this year.

Edit: I only saw the pic on my phone, it clearly says Magny-Cours in the background :lol:

Last edited:
Back