IRS 2019 2.4 Hours of Le Mans | Race complete | Congratulations to our winners

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 1,012 comments
6DDB40A3-00CB-4C32-A4BD-8DE61570F973.jpeg
If I get to race Le Mans I may not win but at least I will look good

As of right now I'm planning on letting everyone qualify, but only the original 32 signed up will be racing. If a spot opens up, then one of the reserves can fill it. Hopefully this clarifies things.

As of right now I'm planning on letting everyone qualify, but only the original 32 signed up will be racing. If a spot opens up, then one of the reserves can fill it. Hopefully this clarifies things.

I respect your decision regardless of what it is, but can't accept the current one for various reasons and would therefore redraw my teams registration if this is the final decision.

I only have myself to blame, as I actually saw the thread up before any had replied, but I wanted to confirm my team mate before signing us up to be fair to the organisers, and then it was already full. I'm afraid this format encourages some to simply sign up to get a spot without knowing if they can race or if their team is up for it - it's pretty clear I should have resorted to that to get the spots.

Some series have priority for those who competed and completed last season, which both myself and my team mate did. I understand this is not the case for this event.

I respect your decision regardless of what it is, but can't accept the current one for various reasons and would therefore redraw my teams registration if this is the final decision.

I only have myself to blame, as I actually saw the thread up before any had replied, but I wanted to confirm my team mate before signing us up to be fair to the organisers, and then it was already full. I'm afraid this format encourages some to simply sign up to get a spot without knowing if they can race or if their team is up for it - it's pretty clear I should have resorted to that to get the spots.

Some series have priority for those who competed and completed last season, which both myself and my team mate did. I understand this is not the case for this event.

That’s how signing up via online forum works and how it’s always worked. First come first served. For better or for worse.

I mean if one of the LMP1 cars doesn't show up, then the spot is yours. To each his own.

I mean if one of the LMP1 cars doesn't show up, then the spot is yours. To each his own.
How many people have signed up for the race? There should be no problem with the number of entries. We can have divisions like SNAIL. The fastest people of each group I.e. LMP, LMP2, GTE etc. race in a division 1 lobby. The not so fast people race in a division 2 lobby and so forth and so on. This is a great opportunity to pit racers if equal talent against each other and make it competitive. Also no one gets left out.

How many people have signed up for the race? There should be no problem with the number of entries. We can have divisions like SNAIL. The fastest people of each group I.e. LMP, LMP2, GTE etc. race in a division 1 lobby. The not so fast people race in a division 2 lobby and so forth and so on. This is a great opportunity to pit racers if equal talent against each other and make it competitive. Also no one gets left out.
Totally over-complicates the race. It's complex enough from a logistical standpoint to have a race run over two lobbies and organising 32 drivers to be at the right place at the right time, let alone organising potentially more than one lobby for multiple divisions. Not to mention that divisions might not have the numbers of others, leading to the race not really being worth running.

It's just not worth it.

When are we getting fuel and tire wear rates? Quali is this weekend so I thought it might've come out sooner...
Not to mention a finalised bop

Last edited:
When are we getting fuel and tire wear rates? Quali is this weekend so I thought it might've come out sooner...
Fuel use will definitely be at x2. Tire wear will be at either x2 or x3. BoP will likely be finalized this evening, at which point I will make a final decision on tire wear rate.

OK, so I'm going to officially make the decision official to run 3 lobbies. Please do keep in mind though, if we are short on drivers come race day we will consolidate back down to 2 lobbies. The 3 lobby structure will be as follows.
  • Lobby 1: LMP1 Pro & GTE Elite
  • Lobby 2: LMP1 Am & GTE Pro
  • Lobby 3: LMP2 & GTE Am
Also, with this bump in spaces available I have updated the allotted entries for LMP1 and GTE, with LMP2 staying the same.
  • LMP1: 16 Entries
  • LMP2: 10 Entries
  • GTE: 18 Entries
That means @monoha, @GTP_Versatile, @Rob Pardun, @Bubdub804 are all now officially entered in the race.

I have also made a decision to run another official qualifying session along with the Friday session on Saturday Night at 9pm Eastern for roughly 1.5 hours. That Saturday session will most likely be the last time anyone will be able to run a qualifying effort unless I am notified ahead of time.

Last edited:
I want to use an Aston Martin because I like them but there's already a bunch. I'll probably drive a bit today and pick something else

Fuel use will definitely be at x2. Tire wear will be at either x2 or x3. BoP will likely be finalized this evening, at which point I will make a final decision on tire wear rate.
Having recently done a 3h endurance race with fellow entrants @StigsTC and @TNR_KING_FILO at Le Mans with LMP1/GT a few weeks ago I can say that 2x/2x provided a good balance of wear across both classes. Just my two cents.

I just want to point out something...

If you have 18 entries for GTE, you can divy up into 6 per lobby.

You also have 10 LMP2 entries, so 10/6 works.

Why not go 20 LMP1? If you're going 3 lobbies anyways, increase the P1 slots to 10 per lobby.

It just makes sense.

I just want to point out something...

If you have 18 entries for GTE, you can divy up into 6 per lobby.

You also have 10 LMP2 entries, so 10/6 works.

Why not go 20 LMP1? If you're going 3 lobbies anyways, increase the P1 slots to 10 per lobby.

It just makes sense.
I wanted to wait and see which class got more hits before making that call. I know at the current limits overall that puts us at 44 not 48, but as I said above I'd like to see at least 16 entries, before I increase it. We've still got time for more.
Having recently done a 3h endurance race with fellow entrants @StigsTC and @TNR_KING_FILO at Le Mans with LMP1/GT a few weeks ago I can say that 2x/2x provided a good balance of wear across both classes. Just my two cents.
Thanks for that input I appreciate that. I have not done any major endurance racing lately other than Nurburgring, so I was unsure of which direction to go. I will get it finalized and posted by tomorrow at the latest.

I wanted to wait and see which class got more hits before making that call. I know at the current limits overall that puts us at 44 not 48, but as I said above I'd like to see at least 16 entries, before I increase it. We've still got time for more.
I guess... which filled up quicker to start?

Thanks for that input I appreciate that. I have not done any major endurance racing lately other than Nurburgring, so I was unsure of which direction to go. I will get it finalized and posted by tomorrow at the latest.
I feel as though 1x/1x is the best call at the end of the day. It provides a proper endurance race that tests the driver and doesn't give much in the way of breaks. It's about making the car quick over a long period rather than a limited number of laps. Otherwise the endurance race starts to lean more towards a sprint race instead of an true endurance contest.

I guess... which filled up quicker to start?
They both stayed relatively equal honestly.
I feel as though 1x/1x is the best call at the end of the day. It provides a proper endurance race that tests the driver and doesn't give much in the way of breaks. It's about making the car quick over a long period rather than a limited number of laps. Otherwise the endurance race starts to lean more towards a sprint race instead of an true endurance contest.
I mean at x2 we'd be looking at around 4 to 5 pit stops in 2.4 hours.

. I know at the current limits overall that puts us at 44 not 48, but as I said above I'd like to see at least 16 entries, before I increase it. We've still got time for more.
Mainly at the bolded part... 3 lobbies seems plenty, just how many are you looking at hosting?

You have just under three lobbies worth right now. 10/6 split keeps things simple on the numbers, s'all I'm saying. If you want at LEAST 16, then as it stands we don't have enough for 3 lobbies, technically....

Back