IRS 2019 2.4 Hours of Le Mans | Race complete | Congratulations to our winners

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 1,012 comments
Personally i think the 3rd room should be some kind of LMP1 and GTE combo. Just my 2 cents. The speed differential allows more lapping and meeting our "friends" in the other class over the 2.4 hours.

(keep in mind, there are always no shows too, 25% on avg? due to life events and such on a Friday night)

So currently with the 2 room structure we'd be looking at this:
  • Room 1: LMP1 & GTE Pro
  • Room 2: LMP2 & GTE Am
If we did go to a 3 room structure, then this will more than likely be what we are looking at.
  • Room 1: LMP1 Pro & LMP2 Am
  • Room 2: LMP1 Am & GTE Pro
  • Room 3: LMP2 Pro & GTE Am
Unfortunately, I see no way we cannot have an all prototype room if we go to 3 room for this event. The speed differential between LMP1 Pro and LMP2 Am should make things interesting. Obviously the Pro/Am splits will be decided after qualifying.
Thanks for the reply. I personally prefer the two-room structure. I think the quality of the racing will be better with 32 racing instead of the 40+. In my opinion it’ll be easier for the organizer to manage and it will allow for beefier grids as far as strength of field is concerned. I’m for quality over quantity.

If we have enough to run three full rooms, I can deal with that but I’m wary of trying to recruit people to reach levels that may very well be unmanageable.

I don't disagree with any of the statements so far. They all make a good point, I'm want to have there be a Prototype class and a GT class in each lobby. There is no way we can pull that off without a serious compromise somewhere. 2 rooms does seem ideal, but I'll hold off on final decision for now. I mean qualifying is still a week away.

I don't disagree with any of the statements so far. They all make a good point, I'm want to have there be a Prototype class and a GT class in each lobby. There is no way we can pull that off without a serious compromise somewhere. 2 rooms does seem ideal, but I'll hold off on final decision for now. I mean qualifying is still a week away.
For sure. I am just of the mindset that it's not very wise to actively pursue a 3rd room without weighing all of the possible consequences that come with it. The number of entries have very little to do with the quality of racing, especially when creating a 3rd room will result in less than full grids in each.

For sure. I am just of the mindset that it's not very wise to actively pursue a 3rd room without weighing all of the possible consequences that come with it. The number of entries have very little to do with the quality of racing, especially when creating a 3rd room will result in less than full grids in each.
That's why I said I was want at least 40, then we'd have roughly 13 per lobby, but we'll wait and see what happens.

Just a suggestion: Why not keep it as two lobbies and let the qualification decide who is qualifed regardless of how many sign up? Wouldn't that be better for the quality of racing? Else its basically those that were fast in a forum who are 'qualified' to race.

Yeah, I think we should stick to the 2 lobbies, getting 32 people to actually show up will be a challenge in itself
That it's a challenge is actually quite the understatement.

In last year's LM2.4, we were set for a 2 lobby race post-qualifying, then on the day of the race only half of GTE PRO even showed up, with at least two more absences in each of the other classes.

In Nurburgring 2.4 late last month, we had a total entry count over 20 and while we got ghosted by some people before the event, various issues caused some more people to not be able to race at all on the day of the event, leaving us with exactly 16 so the race ended up being run as a single lobby.

Also, even though having all entered cars show up is already a challenge, having drivers that are all willing to stick around to the finish in an endurance race like this is much, much harder.

Last edited:
As LMP2 driver, would love to have both GTE-cars and LMP1-cars on same lobby.
Like -5 LMP1's, -5 LMP2's and -6 GTE's.

And then results by times together after the race for overall standings.

Last edited:
Can i get put on stand by and start from pit lane if you need more people to run to make up for no shows just tell what class you need to fill?

I would like to sign up for la mans race. Is there a registration?
Yes, but unfortunately we are full. As of now you will be on reserve. Registration Format is posted below.
You can find the current entry list here.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ps-open-taking-reserves.387847/#post-12758326
GTP ID:
PSN ID:
Class:
Car #:
Car:
Team:
(Write N/A if registering as Independent driver)
Primary Sponsor:
  • Drivers interested in entering must post the above information in the thread.
  • Drivers can either register as part of a team or as an independent driver.
  • Teams are required to use the same car, if they are in the same class.
  • Teams can have a maximum of three drivers per class.
  • Available car numbers are 1-999.
  • Car numbers are exclusive.
  • Primary sponsors are exclusive to each team/independent driver.
Can i get put on stand by and start from pit lane if you need more people to run to make up for no shows just tell what class you need to fill?
As of right now LMP2 and GTE have no reserves, so those are your best option.

Yes, but unfortunately we are full. As of now you will be on reserve. Registration Format is posted below.
You can find the current entry list here.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ps-open-taking-reserves.387847/#post-12758326
GTP ID:
PSN ID:
Class:
Car #:
Car:
Team:
(Write N/A if registering as Independent driver)
Primary Sponsor:
  • Drivers interested in entering must post the above information in the thread.
  • Drivers can either register as part of a team or as an independent driver.
  • Teams are required to use the same car, if they are in the same class.
  • Teams can have a maximum of three drivers per class.
  • Available car numbers are 1-999.
  • Car numbers are exclusive.
  • Primary sponsors are exclusive to each team/independent driver.

As of right now LMP2 and GTE have no reserves, so those are your best option.
Ok thanks

Figured I might as well get it out there while I'm thinking about it: I won't be able to make the stated qualifying time, so I'll more than likely need a private session. Early next week works best for me.

Likewise, I'm planing on racing, but I won't know for certain until the week of the race. If I can't make it, I believe @Eva has a few people on standby for the #7 LMP2.

Figured I might as well get it out there while I'm thinking about it: I won't be able to make the stated qualifying time, so I'll more than likely need a private session. Early next week works best for me.

Likewise, I'm planing on racing, but I won't know for certain until the week of the race. If I can't make it, I believe @Eva has a few people on standby for the #7 LMP2.
Ok, just go ahead and let me know in a PM, so I don't forget. We'll get it scheduled.

upload_2019-6-7_16-17-5.png

All ready for two weeks

Back