IRS 2019 2.4 Hours of Le Mans | Race complete | Congratulations to our winners

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 1,012 comments
Car is ready :)

D5815673-EA85-4866-9607-A24D0BFC216A.jpeg

In our VLN convo there were numerous European drivers who would have loved to participate.....this was my comment back to them (ps Race starts at 3AM over there)

on the other hand weekend afternoons cater to everyone . There are a HUGE number of great guys all over the world who would love to participate... not that there are a shortage of US drivers. The simple fact is that we all do what we have done before... its more comfortable. The reason the Ring Rats joined IRS was to try to gain some Driver participation from the US, and it is slowly working. But there is another fact that we tend to ignore is that GTplanet is just a tiny pond in the GTS world. There’s a great big ocean of players out there that is untapped. IMHO. So I'm off to Facebook and Twitter (hate FB and use twitter for racing news) to troll for more drivers. Also I have created a new Email for the ability to actually email people which is much faster than using the psn alternatives. FYI nordschleiferat@gmail.com

I honestly thought I posted GTE with my registration. I don't want to be in the super fast cars. I'll just putz around in my little Aston or something.

GTP ID: GTP_Versatile
PSN ID: Setted
Class: LMP1
Car #: 8
Car: Toyota TS050 Hybrid
Team: RR Motorsports
Primary Sponsor: tba

GTP ID: monoha
PSN ID: monoha
Car #: 7

We raced this event last year as well. Looking forward!

Last edited:
GTP ID: @Neutty
PSN ID: Neuttyy
Class: GTE
Car #:
Car: M6 GT3 M Power ‘16
Team: SNAIL RACING
Primary Sponsor: Alpinestars

@aceboy127
I'll get you added, thank you Neutty.
GTP ID: GTP_Versatile
PSN ID: Setted
Car #: 8

GTP ID: monoha
PSN ID: monoha
Car #: 7

We raced this event last year as well. Looking forward!
I will add you both, but unfortunately we are full. Like I said previously, if we can get 40 entries I will look into doing 3 lobbies, but as of now you will be on reserve. Also, #7 is already taken.

I think 40 is quite realistic number to reach :gtpflag:
We've got plenty of time honestly.

In other news Top Performance Motorsports is going to run Ford GTs in the GTE class for the Le Mans 2.4.

I'll get you added, thank you Neutty.

I will add you both, but unfortunately we are full. Like I said previously, if we can get 40 entries I will look into doing 3 lobbies, but as of now you will be on reserve. Also, #7 is already taken.
Thanks Ace.

I believe the registration rules states that a car number is only exclusive within a class. #7 isn't taken in LMP1.

Thanks Ace.

I believe the registration rules states that a car number is only exclusive within a class. #7 isn't taken in LMP1.
You are correct and that is bad wording on my part. It's likely the 2 cars numbered the same won't be in the same lobby, but for the sake of continuity would you mind picking a different number?

You are correct and that is bad wording on my part. It's likely the 2 cars numbered the same won't be in the same lobby, but for the sake of continuity would you mind picking a different number?
Sure, number #6 for me
Sponser for both is Perrinn

Can ARL members get in on this and what class is still open
Yeah, this is open to everyone, but unfortunately we are full. Like I said previously, if we can get 40 entries I will look into doing 3 lobbies, but as of now you will be on reserve.

How would a 3-lobby race work? Would like to retain the multiclass structure that makes these kinds of races authentic.
So currently with the 2 room structure we'd be looking at this:
  • Room 1: LMP1 & GTE Pro
  • Room 2: LMP2 & GTE Am
If we did go to a 3 room structure, then this will more than likely be what we are looking at.
  • Room 1: LMP1 Pro & LMP2 Am
  • Room 2: LMP1 Am & GTE Pro
  • Room 3: LMP2 Pro & GTE Am
Unfortunately, I see no way we cannot have an all prototype room if we go to 3 room for this event. The speed differential between LMP1 Pro and LMP2 Am should make things interesting. Obviously the Pro/Am splits will be decided after qualifying.

Back