IRS GT4 Championship Series - Series Complete! Season 2 starts soon!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Clean Racer
  • 517 comments
  • 28,227 views
Lobby is open. Feel free to jump in and practice.

@GTP_Nail - I have tweaked your livery to add some green and the phantom character in a few places on the car
 
Confused about the no tire wear in practice & qualifying. Was something mentioned about that before? Did I miss something?
 
Confused about the no tire wear in practice & qualifying. Was something mentioned about that before? Did I miss something?

Its usually the norm in IRS now a days.
 
Would be a question for the Series Host then
 
We ended up racing with x3 for both but was just a bit confusing.

Edit: Did anyone save the replay that can share it? I didn't get a chance to save since the room was closed so quickly.
So sorry. I had to go as its middle of the day here at home. I did save the replay and will gladly share it. Tire wear was increased to x3 recently. I thought I posted that.

Qualifying will be with fuel and tire wear off for this season.
 
Thanks to everyone for racing today!!

We had a great turnout and it looked like the whole field was fighting with someone at any given time in the race.

I will update the standings and ballast tracker as soon as possible.

I will try to post a video of the race some time this week.
 
Good stuff out there. Started the race on RM tires, went full lean during the formation lap (Do we have a speed limit BTW?), then switched between 2 and 3 for the opening stint. Was able to mostly keep in touch, had one hell of a moment trying to avoid @Jeeves_ACBC when he spun in turn 1. :eek: I was hard on the brakes and praying. :lol:

Pit on lap 20 right behind @SDM_Viper having reeled him in to about a 1.5 second gap. I am absolutely terrible at pit strategy so I went RS tires and topped off the tank. Cost me 3.5 second in the pits but I knew I could make it up. Which, I did faster than I thought, Viper was saving fuel? Started to second guess if I could make it so went into fuel saving mode for a lap and a half on map 3, then went back to map 2. Had a nice over, under pass for the lead with a few laps to go in turn 1, then went to map 1 and concentrated on not making any mistakes. Caught a couple lapped cars on the last lap but stayed back since they were having their own battle and didn't want to interfere.

Video coming of the hair raising moment. :bowdown:
 
Well done @R1600Turbo !

Now you get some ballast!:lol:
LOL JK

I will share the replay after the family and I have lunch. I hope the file isn't too large to share.
 
I battle myself in the race because I only one got 2 laps down
 
Good stuff out there. Started the race on RM tires, went full lean during the formation lap (Do we have a speed limit BTW?), then switched between 2 and 3 for the opening stint. Was able to mostly keep in touch, had one hell of a moment trying to avoid @Jeeves_ACBC when he spun in turn 1. :eek: I was hard on the brakes and praying. :lol:

Pit on lap 20 right behind @SDM_Viper having reeled him in to about a 1.5 second gap. I am absolutely terrible at pit strategy so I went RS tires and topped off the tank. Cost me 3.5 second in the pits but I knew I could make it up. Which, I did faster than I thought, Viper was saving fuel? Started to second guess if I could make it so went into fuel saving mode for a lap and a half on map 3, then went back to map 2. Had a nice over, under pass for the lead with a few laps to go in turn 1, then went to map 1 and concentrated on not making any mistakes. Caught a couple lapped cars on the last lap but stayed back since they were having their own battle and didn't want to interfere.

Video coming of the hair raising moment. :bowdown:


Yeah mate my pit strategy messed me up, for some reason the game thought I was done filling fuel in my car but I never pressed a button to end the fueling process and it sent me out way earlier than I wanted to. I was fuel-saving the crap out of my car. Made a mistake going into turn one and that was it right there. Good fight from beginning to end.


SDM_Viper
 
Bad news @R1600Turbo , when I go to share the replay it gets to 98% and the says it is losing connection to the server. I'm pretty sure the file is too big.

I'll try again later.
 
Was able to mostly keep in touch, had one hell of a moment trying to avoid @Jeeves_ACBC when he spun in turn 1. :eek: I was hard on the brakes and praying. :lol:

Video coming of the hair raising moment. :bowdown:

I'm so mad about that spin because it was totally unnecessary. I knew I was going a bit wide but for some reason I tried to just keep my foot in it. Just a slight lift and I would've been totally fine.

I cut the gap from 15 secs to 6.5 over the next 25 laps, but I made a mistake on lap 30 then just cruised home nice and easy to consolidate 3rd place.

More ballast for the NSX!
 
Back