(IRS) International Racing Series Main Hub | New Drivers Welcome

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 328 comments
I don't understand the purpose of this restriction at all to be honest. Is it to say that anyone A or S has been player longer and you want rookies?
That is obvious, I presume it is to allow a higher height of success to less accomplished drivers. Winners make some feel like losers when disparity occurs.

You raise some excellent point guys. Let me get back to you here shortly. The restriction may not be necessary necessary at all since there will be two category of drivers on track together. Pro and Pro-Am.

I will update you all very soon.

I wouldn’t be upset if as an A driver I had to take a 5% power nerf and a 5% weight gain as a base starting point and then earn ballast per the rules from there and/or use worse tires. I understand the point of the series and getting some midpack drivers on the podium is an ideal situation. But unless there’s a marked increase in participation, we may need to find ways to add the A and S drivers to the field in a way that makes finishing up front less likely to keep the spirit of the series relevant.

I wouldn’t be upset if as an A driver I had to take a 5% power nerf and a 5% weight gain as a base starting point and then earn ballast per the rules from there and/or use worse tires. I understand the point of the series and getting some midpack drivers on the podium is an ideal situation. But unless there’s a marked increase in participation, we may need to find ways to add the A and S drivers to the field in a way that makes finishing up front less likely to keep the spirit of the series relevant.

The series is now open to DR A drivers and lower. I'm sorry but S class is a bit much. I also don't want to nerf people's cars to the point of absurdity. The ballast will work in the manner set up in the thread originally. There will be a Pro and Pro-Am division so most drivers should have good reason to fight for something.

Sport mode DR ratings have zero bearing on driver performance or speed. Lots of alien-speed players don’t play sport mode much or at all so they haven’t built up a score, and likewise lots of other people just spam daily races they’re good at to artificially inflate their ratings. Basically the only people who have accurate DR scores are people who participate in the FIA races regularly, which doesn’t describe too many of the usual IRS participants.

Pretty much every league or lobby race I’ve been in has had DR letters all over the place, they don’t mean anything.

Implementing success ballast or power percentage cuts or whatnot is a much better way to even things out.

Sport mode DR ratings have zero bearing on driver performance or speed. Lots of alien-speed players don’t play sport mode much or at all so they haven’t built up a score, and likewise lots of other people just spam daily races they’re good at to artificially inflate their ratings. Basically the only people who have accurate DR scores are people who participate in the FIA races regularly, which doesn’t describe too many of the usual IRS participants.

Pretty much every league or lobby race I’ve been in has had DR letters all over the place, they don’t mean anything.

Implementing success ballast or power percentage cuts or whatnot is a much better way to even things out.
Yes. The points you make there are very valid. That is why the GT4 series will have a special "categorization event" to figure out where drivers within the series are in relation to one another. That will determine the Pro or Pro-Am status. The series also will have ballast. I've spelled it out in the regulations. So, now the question is...are you racing?:cheers:

Last edited:
It is opened up to A drivers. Go ahead and sign up in the thread.

Same situation I'm in...I was a high b driver until last week no I finally got up to a low a driver
Sign up. A class and lower are eligible now. Just don't go getting up to A+ on me. Can barely keep up with you now. Actually, I can't keep up with you at all!:lol::lol:

Yes. The points you make there are very valid. That is why the GT4 series will have a special "categorization event" to figure out where drivers within the series are in relation to one another. That will determine the Pro or Pro-Am status. The series also will have ballast. I've spelled it out in the regulations. So, now the question is...are you racing?:cheers:

I don’t think so, if it was Sundays I probably could but can’t do Saturdays.

y4mDzbWEZZ5etwGlb28OUtOAAaqkIUxEfkYKUmvzmBRLUtqpinut1RpqIy1gcoJki2GKsvH-XjhahHhcROdPkS9_qE7DUYTD06AABCaqgg7O-DI9PI54DlPmsYADtq30TcGByFrgfSpSxpF3R1kuOq_BuO0mY83sZyrsNVWhfy_GuAvjz9RpWGTWVjfMHTD7GhXazh7DaCd60TMrd0S-oRXSg

Thread is now open for the 2.4.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/irs-2019-2-4-hours-of-le-mans.387847/

Hi Petroperu, I have a great time with this group. Pretty civil and welcoming folks here. They host a wide array of series and events. Hope this helps.

It is opened up to A drivers. Go ahead and sign up in the thread.

But someone who only plays sport mode occasionally, or has only done a few races could have a DR D/C/B rating, yet they could be DR A+/S fast from lobby and offline racing. The DR Rating doesn’t really have a lot of meaning these days aside from the A+/S guys. Even then the S can be gotten fairly easily if you choose a manufacturer that has a low driver count. DR S doesn’t necessarily mean they are A+, lots of DR A/B guys manage to get S’s for a season or two as well. Just something to keep in mind. :)

But someone who only plays sport mode occasionally, or has only done a few races could have a DR D/C/B rating, yet they could be DR A+/S fast from lobby and offline racing. The DR Rating doesn’t really have a lot of meaning these days aside from the A+/S guys, and even the S can be gotten fairly easily if you choose a manufacturer that has a low driver count DR S doesn’t necessarily mean they are A+, lots of DR B guys manage to get S’s for a season or two as well. Just something to keep in mind. :)
Yeah, it's open to all drivers now. Regardless of DR. The series will have a categorization event where we will split the field into Pro and Pro Am. But everyone will be in track at once. You should consider signing up.

Yeah, it's open to all drivers now. Regardless of DR. The series will have a categorization event where we will split the field into Pro and Pro Am. But everyone will be in track at once. You should consider signing up.

Cool man, I’ll definitely check that out. Thanks for the invite. :cheers:

Back