(IRS) International Racing Series Main Hub | New Drivers Welcome

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 328 comments
A lot going on the past couple of days. The Yokohama RallyX Championship and The Trans Am World Challenge threads are now up. You can click the pictures below to be taken to the threads. Links posted to OP as well.

I'm sure this is quite the stretch, but how many of you guys have Project Cars 2 with the season pass or most of the DLC?

It would be great fun to get our feet wet in that water and open up a whole new world of possibilities in terms of cars and tracks to play with.

I'm sure this is quite the stretch, but how many of you guys have Project Cars 2 with the season pass or most of the DLC?

It would be great fun to get our feet wet in that water and open up a whole new world of possibilities in terms of cars and tracks to play with.
i plan on buying it soon and getting a g29, so that would work out for me

while this seems great and all PC2 is very buggy...with cars sticking together like glue for simple contact...people pitting and not being able to leave there pit stops...to even some people not seeing the weather like rain and snow while others are.... these are all problems i have noticed with the game while playing it about a month or two online. Not trying to undermine you @DesertPenguin i do like the idea but just giving some examples of some of the issues i have ran into..

Oh I'm well aware of the bugs and issues and would work around them as best I could. It would probably be a one-make spec idea with no pit stops or bad weather, just regular racing. The issue with contact though is a much bigger problem that can't be avoided which is a shame as the game has so much potential to offer.

I haven't touched it for months because I never had a good FFB setting and that bothered me about the game. That there's no "right" setting and I don't know what feels "right" for me. I'm not that nuanced. I found some settings on here to help the G29 with clipping and I am relatively happy with it now so I'm gonna go in and have some fun driving days.

Oh I'm well aware of the bugs and issues and would work around them as best I could. It would probably be a one-make spec idea with no pit stops or bad weather, just regular racing. The issue with contact though is a much bigger problem that can't be avoided which is a shame as the game has so much potential to offer.

I haven't touched it for months because I never had a good FFB setting and that bothered me about the game. That there's no "right" setting and I don't know what feels "right" for me. I'm not that nuanced. I found some settings on here to help the G29 with clipping and I am relatively happy with it now so I'm gonna go in and have some fun driving days.

If you’re not going to have pit strategy or weather there’s barely any point using PC2, the track list is really the only reason. GTS will always be the better game for shorter sprint races. And most of the most fun cars to drive (especially in stock tune) in PC2 are also in GTS.

Other than that contact thing (which is just a problem with the physics, not a bug), the amount of bugs and glitches in both games pretty much even themselves out.

Track and car list is pretty much the only reason I want to use it. I don't get enjoyment out of single player racing games and that's why I barely touched it for months. There's no sense of achievement. I don't care if I win a race or not. The only thing I want is to race against real human opponents and all that comes with that otherwise I'm not having fun. Yea, it's cool to go for a nice drive in a classic race car on a classic track but it's not that appealing to me.

Hey guys, we've got a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes right now. Exciting times are ahead. 👍

Today I'm going to announce that @GTP_Nail has been brought in as a series organizer and will be running a VLN Series on Wednesdays.

We will be wrapping up the Trans Am World Challenge this weekend. I have a few series ideas running around in my head. The likely candidate for my next series is IROC Season 6, but with some changes, more on that later on.

I've been working my butt off to try to get the new driver rankings sheet up and running, unfortunately it is still a work in progress, but it is about 90% complete.

Don't forget to check out the 86 Racing Series run by @DesertPenguin on Monday Nights and don't forget the 2.4 Hours of Nurburgring run by @Antares26 taking place on Saturday May 25th at 9pm eastern.

Finally, I know the Yokohama RallyX Championship run by @damonc84 was a major success and everyone expressed interest in season 2. You will definitely see season 2 at some point, but I cannot give a timeline on that right now as Damon has something else in the pipeline, but more on that later as well.

Thank you all for giving IRS a great start off on 2019 and I look forward to the upcoming series/events this year.

The IRS VIN Series https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-vln-series.386993/
we had 7 for the day time and I am permanently cancelling the Wednesday Night races as a joke...besides one two or three hour race is more than enough for this ole bod. Check the VLN thread for the fun we had..... also @Antares26 do you want us to run a practice session/races on the next Sunday with your room set up so the guys can see what is what in anger without fear of retribution. We can run races Sunday afternoons @1300 and the race length will vary with participation level. I need to know so I can get the word out. Regardless of participation I can run practice sessions as needed I just don't drive well at night. If you (next time) run your specials in the afternoon on the weekend we can get some more bodies.

8E5F0B81-38F7-45EB-93A0-936B2C6748D9.jpeg

VLN series fun at the Ring v starts at 1330 Central US. Gr4 this week . No tuning. N24, night
Less than six.....we will have fun or stupidly fun events
6 or more 45 min races
8 or more 90 minutes race
10 or more two class 90 minute race
12 or more two class 2 hour.
See ya there.

@Antares26 do you want us to run a practice session/races on the next Sunday with your room set up so the guys can see what is what in anger without fear of retribution. We can run races Sunday afternoons @1300 and the race length will vary with participation level. I need to know so I can get the word out. Regardless of participation I can run practice sessions as needed I just don't drive well at night. If you (next time) run your specials in the afternoon on the weekend we can get some more bodies
What are you asking me for? :lol:

By all means.

I don't understand the purpose of this restriction at all to be honest. Is it to say that anyone A or S has been player longer and you want rookies?

Back