IRS Kart Series Season 1|seslab wins the Drivers Championship|TPM wins the Team Championship

• Thread starter aceboy127
  • 197 comments
I have to finish my final draft for my final essay in my class so I won’t be there tonight, but I will be here for the last two races. Apologies ahead of time. :(

After practising a lot with the Kart, I think I'm Ready to go. Driver Rating is currently B and Sportsmanship Rating S.

I filled out the registration.
Thanks for signing up Tom, I will get you added to registration. The #37 is already chosen though, so you'll have to use something else.

Gonna be an interesting one for sure. It's flat out for almost the entire track, with only 1 hard braking zone.

Sure, but still 5 turns where a difference can be made, some of them are even tricky ;)

Comparing my lap times with the ones of Searays at Tsukuba and Blue Moon, there is about the same gap in both courses between both of us, both using the same gear settings. Not that I hope to get an easy win, I'm really hoping for a fight for the win, but just trying to avoid that some will take it too easy because of the easier looking layout of Blue Moon. Still some practice will be needed as for any other course we raced in the past ;)

From my point of view I expect closer racing at Kyoto Myabi ;)

When your so good that you want people to beat you...

It might sound strange to you, but I feel weird winning with such gaps, feel a bit bad for you guys. I was even thinking to quit the league at half season, that bad I felt. But then I reminded me how it was when I started kart racing in leagues against very fast guys. I thought it's impossible to beat them. But by practicing a lot and learning from them, I got where I'm today. I would not have achieved that by avoiding to race against them. So I thought I should stay in the league, it could only be beneficial for most of you.
On top of that, I also decided to give you some help regarding torque vs gear ratios last week at Tsukuba - btw many thanks Aceboy for being patient with us before the start of the main race:tup:;) . I hope some of you will think about everything I've said because that was some very precious information, my way to say sorry and thanks to everyone of you ;)

:banghead:Don’t race today or be in last place let someone else to win:banghead:

There are two problems to that:

1)
Don't think this is gonna help you guys in getting better. As I mentioned in the post above, it is very helpful to get better by facing very fast drivers. Also not sure it will be more motivating for most of the guys here being beaten by someone starting last.

2)
I will get in conflict with myself by sandbagging. Also not sure some here will appreciate that. ;)

Okay, I want to race in the last week of the season just for the kicks of it. I'm sure it wouldn't mind having another driver to give you some company. ;)

So everyone, last race of the season ahead, Kyoto Miyabi awaits us.
As always, I wanna win that too :D Buuuuut, I expect that to be the hardest one to win 👍

First of all, except for one turn which is not that difficult, at least if a difference can be made there, it will be not that tremendous to create a gap big enough to keep someone out of slipstream, it's a pure draft course after all. Of course under condition that one will be able to take last chicane flat out. I'm pretty confident that most of you will be able to do so.

Then there is also the fuel issue, specially for the main race. If some of you had a closer look at the difference in fuel consumption between most of you and me for the past 5 races, you will notice that my consumption was pretty much higher. I don't expect a such a big difference in this regard compared to previous races, but it still should be a difference.
Nevertheless, it will be the race with the highest fuel burn ratio for everyone of the whole season.

Those two points opens up pretty much the way for some of you to stop my winning series since main race at BH Indy. On that particular race Damon got the win at the reverse grid race, putting me in trouble for several laps thanks to its constantly good performance in the infield, making me take more risks as I supposed to take and longer 6th gear that allowed him either to keep me behind him on the main straight or to pass me again after I passed him on last turn. 👍

Who is gonna be the next one to kick my posterior? Lets find out next Friday and hopefully after having practiced enough and preparing some good tactics. Everything is possible guys :D:nervous::D

7th got 36 points and 8th and 9th got 30 points and 10th and 11th got 29 points. There be battle for 7th place in standing on final race day. Who will get 7th place and who will get 11th place. Battle between 5 drivers for 7th place in standing on Friday.

Well analysed Alan 👍
Even P4 & P5 is very close. One of P4 an 5 could even take P3.
Noirs 3rd place is not 100% safe either :)

Good you mention that. Does it mean exactly?
Dropped score is pretty common, just means you drop your worst round (it's to make championships more appealing/accessible to those who can't commit to every round and/or know they'll miss one, etc).

Wish I could do this championship but I can't stay up late enough :P
Good luck to anyone challenging Seslab 👍

Back