IRS | Renault Sport Trophy | Am Drivers Wanted! | Saturdays 8:30p EST | November 16: Round 6: Spa

When should we race at Spa?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because it's not fair to a single car team to compete against a two car team.
Those who enter as single car teams should be well aware of the disadvantage, I think it's good enough to just put them on the same table just so there's consistency. Us solo drivers have the drivers title as the main focus anyway, the points on the teams table is just there to make sense of having signed up with a team name.

if they get a team mate their totals will be retroactively combined and used going forward.
I'd have to disagree. Imagine a scenario where the top two drivers in the drivers championship being solo team drivers suddenly teaming up late in the season and leapfrogging the current teams championship leaders. Now that would be unfair to those who had intended to team up from the start of the season.

Like I said, if solo drivers wanted a teammate, then why not just give them until at least maybe the 2nd round to find a teammate or else they'll be locked as a solo driver team for the rest of the season?

Clearly you have more experience running these things than me. :lol: Thank you for the advice and assistance. Sometimes I forget people's realistic immersion for team names and sponsors takes precedent over arbitrary things like point totals. 👍

All teams will be scored together, but like you said after two rounds if no teammate arrives they will be locked in as solo teams.

Clearly you have more experience running these things than me. :lol: Thank you for the advice and assistance. Sometimes I forget people's realistic immersion for team names and sponsors takes precedent over arbitrary things like point totals. 👍

All teams will be scored together, but like you said after two rounds if no teammate arrives they will be locked in as solo teams.
I once had the dumb idea of scoring only the highest scoring driver for each team in a past series, we all learn as we go on doing more of these.

The immersion is part of the experience, the team names, sponsors and what not is just something built up over however long we've been doing pretend race cars.

Can I be reserve driver so, that if someone new come want to race with you guys he/she can. Plus, some tracks I don’t good at on the schedule.

Please copy/paste the list above into your confirmation post and add your name to the list. It makes it easier for everyone to see as we go instead of having a confirmation post a page back that no one can see.

Since when did we become old school VRR? :lol:

Just write everyone's names down and put those who confirmed in bold and maybe strikethrough those who confirmed to not be there.
That is vintage VRR. Like, dust off the cobwebs and pull out of mothballs vintage lol

50/50 at best for this Saturday, but I have the livery ready if I'm able to make it.
Let me know if I missed anything.
20191002_024344.jpg
20191002_024431.jpg
20191002_024521.jpg
20191002_024545.jpg

@DesertPenguin
Since it looks like the entry list is full, I'll put myself down as a reserve driver.

Team Name: DW SimSports
PSN ID: GTP_Dylan_GTP
Car Number: 72
Primary Sponsor: TBD
Expected Division: Pro

Hopefully will see you guys Saturday. I'll be on standby in case a spot opens up.

Last edited:
@DesertPenguin
Since it looks like the entry list is full, I'll put myself down as a reserve driver.

Team Name: DW SimSports
PSN ID: GTP_Dylan_GTP
Car Number: 72
Primary Sponsor: TBD
Expected Division: Pro

Hopefully will see you guys Saturday. I'll be on standby in case a spot opens up.
I believe you will have a spot, I'll let you know.

Being that we are at 18 drivers, we will need everyone to confirm attendance as early as possible. Please do so for the remainder of the season. Thank you and have fun!

Back