IRS | Toyota 86 Racing Series | Mondays 9p EST | BIG FINALE TONIGHT: Dragon Trail - Seaside II

Since I started last I super short shifted the first few laps and used draft where I could as I moved forward. If I was in someone’s draft I shifted to 6th ASAP and stayed in line until an opening showed itself to pass. Even doing all that I barely made it to the end of lap 17 which was the halfway point. I figured everyone would need to 2 stop since I barely made it while employing extreme fuel saving from the start. I was stunned that so many people were able to one stop given the circumstances while battling from lap 1. Maybe I could learn some things from you guys.

Scores Updated
OooWMND.png

Things are looking good for the old plucky penguin after a rough first week :lol: Welcome to the club, @orbea1180!! :cheers:

Hey guys, looking good for tomorrow night. Does anyone know already if they can't make it? I'd like to get a headcount for us.

I’d like to race with you guys if possible, is the start time 9pm est? :cheers:

PSN - CnF_Pigems
#1 or #11 if either is available.

Thanks Guys! :cheers:
Welcome my friend! I gave you #11 if that's okay. #1 is reserved for the previous season's champion.

Good race guys. Didn't expect to pull away like that. When I noticed it I started short shifting thinking people were hanging back saving fuel. Almost threw the first race away twice. Those cars are so close it's hard to make a pass unless someone makes a mistake.

I'm really enjoying the added challenge of the Gr. 4 car. For next season I may consider dropping the GRMN all-together and using the Gr. 4 in the sprint race to help warm everyone up for the main race. We've come a long way but I really want to keep things fresh any way we can. The GRMN has served us well but she can only go around so many times in so many ways.

Yeah that Gr4 car drives well, I had never driven it before last night. If not for my stupid mistake of shifting down to 1st at the hairpin one lap and catching some wheelspin I may have been able to give @R1600Turbo a run! Maybe next week. Great racing everyone! :cheers:

Yeah that Gr4 car drives well, I had never driven it before last night. If not for my stupid mistake of shifting down to 1st at the hairpin one lap and catching some wheelspin I may have been able to give @R1600Turbo a run! Maybe next week. Great racing everyone! :cheers:
I'm glad you made it out last night and you had some fun. I knew you'd be fast but wasn't sure what to expect. Brake balance adjustments are allowed so put it at 2 or 3 rear to help in some hard braking zones. There's always someone on somewhat even pace to race against. Next week at Fuji should be fun.

I do plan on running another season after this one, albeit with some more changes as we've finalized some things this season. This series has come a long way from it's humble beginnings as a simple idea in Rinsky's head. I know it's barely recognizable anymore from that but I'm happy with where it's gone. Driving a single car with a limited track list can only last so long before it needs to get spiced up.

I have to say... I can't tell you how much I hate the fact that most series are against tuning in these league races. I also dislike sport tires, in general. When I first started in this series I really wasn't into it because of those reasons. The GRMN is amazing with a little tune. Even on SS tires. However, I hung I there and participated in as many races as I could because the drivers and the racing were really awesome. In that time I have really grown to enjoy the GRMN 86, even without tuning. It is a great little car and I have mixed feelings about seeing her go...if that is what you decide.

Thanks for running this series! It has opened my mind up to trying things I didn't think were enjoyable and it has really helped my driving immensely. Kudos on a job well done! I am confident that any changes you make will work out very well.

Back