IRS | Toyota 86 Racing Series | Mondays 9p EST | BIG FINALE TONIGHT: Dragon Trail - Seaside II

Yea no problem I was just looking it over no meens am in 100 percent for Monday but depending on what lobanaro lounge runs I might run Monday if that is alright
You're always welcome to stop by any time you want. I don't know how I managed to put two 1st places there. I gotta go back and check the replay (if I even still have it) :lol:

I want to congratulate @R1600Turbo for an amazing performance last night. He had some struggles and continues to struggle with pit strategies (it appeared he took a full fuel load in his stop which slowed his stop down immensely) yet still he finishes at the top week in and week out and sets an absolutely blistering pace, seemingly getting faster and faster as his tires wear. I am beyond impressed.

@Pigems first time out was excellent as well and it looks like turbo may have a friend up front to race with going forward. A little further back @aceboy127 @Clean Racer and myself were nose to tail for a few laps. Went for the undercut and it worked but kept slipping up and we traded positions til the end. It was by far the most fun I’ve had in this series yet. The battles were everywhere and the strategies were relevant. Special recognition to @Demon2139 . He has the speed to run at the front but has been unlucky so far this season. I expect him to start racking up podiums soon.

Can’t wait to watch the replay and see what everyone else was up to. Looked like there was something going on up and down the field. See you at Fuji.

I'm glad you made it out last night and you had some fun. I knew you'd be fast but wasn't sure what to expect. Brake balance adjustments are allowed so put it at 2 or 3 rear to help in some hard braking zones. There's always someone on somewhat even pace to race against. Next week at Fuji should be fun.

I do plan on running another season after this one, albeit with some more changes as we've finalized some things this season. This series has come a long way from it's humble beginnings as a simple idea in Rinsky's head. I know it's barely recognizable anymore from that but I'm happy with where it's gone. Driving a single car with a limited track list can only last so long before it needs to get spiced up.

I definitely had fun! You guys are a pleasure to race with. :cheers:

Plus, I got to have a few really good battles during the races. It’s too bad that you went off when you did there man, that was a great 3 way match we had going on! I was unsure of how it was gonna go with no practice, but I got lucky that it was Suzuka, I very familiar it. Next week should be fun too, I’m familiar with the regular 86 at Fiji so moving to these cars shouldn’t be to much different. I’ll have some practice in this time too. ;)

Have you ever tried/considered starting on limited fuel vs turning up multipliers? It could accomplish the same thing in theory, but would require less refuelling time because less is being used, though it may make short shifting a less effective strategy. Not that I’m advocating for that, I was just curious since you mentioned potential upcoming changes. :)

He had some struggles and continues to struggle with pit strategies (it appeared he took a full fuel load in his stop which slowed his stop down immensely)
That was on purpose actually. Wasn't taking any chances this week. :lol: Probably didn't need to change tires either. I just think that older tires don't tend to effect me as much as others. Maybe the car moving around a bit more suits my driving style. Not sure? :confused:

y4mDzbWEZZ5etwGlb28OUtOAAaqkIUxEfkYKUmvzmBRLUtqpinut1RpqIy1gcoJki2GKsvH-XjhahHhcROdPkS9_qE7DUYTD06AABCaqgg7O-DI9PI54DlPmsYADtq30TcGByFrgfSpSxpF3R1kuOq_BuO0mY83sZyrsNVWhfy_GuAvjz9RpWGTWVjfMHTD7GhXazh7DaCd60TMrd0S-oRXSg

Anyone that might be interested, feel free to check this out.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/irs-2019-2-4-hours-of-le-mans.387847/

Scores Updated
(Ignore the wrong position numbers on the left, forgot to edit that last bit before posting)
7wxBJDI.png

Congratulations @DesertPenguin, @Clean Racer, @Demon2139!! (It's weird to congratulate myself :lol:)

That was a really fun season and I'm really looking forward to the next one. Would you guys like to see more of the GRMN again? The suggestion box for next season is officially open!!

Scores Updated
(Ignore the wrong position numbers on the left, forgot to edit that last bit before posting)
7wxBJDI.png

Congratulations @DesertPenguin, @Clean Racer, @Demon2139!! (It's weird to congratulate myself :lol:)

That was a really fun season and I'm really looking forward to the next one. Would you guys like to see more of the GRMN again? The suggestion box for next season is officially open!!

Congrats on the Championship Win man!! :cheers:

Congrats to @Clean Racer and @Demon2139 as well. :cheers:

Thanks again for the invite to race with you guys. When does the next season start? :D

congrats to the penguin, Mr. Clean and Demon!! It was a great season and some of the most fun I’ve had in a while. Can’t wait for next season, hopefully I can do a little better and get up on that podium at the end of the season.

Suggestion Box is open guys, lemme know what you like and don't like. You can have a say in things if you want to. Is everyone okay ending a little later? Racing til about 11:30pm EST?

I do like that track, and last time it was filled with drama so let's try again with different drivers 👍

I will open a room tomorrow night to practice tracks and what not so come and join me. I may also be teasing some other things in the works for you lucky bastards who show up :sly:

Series Update

After some serious thinking I have decided to return this series back to it's sprint racing roots. Here are the changes coming next week: (sorry for the short notice)

• GRMN races will still be 20 minutes each.
  • The second GRMN race will be a reverse grid race.
  • The Gr. 4 race will have a quick 15 minute qualifying session to acclimate to the new car.
  • The Gr. 4 race will be shortened to 30 minutes and tire wear/fuel consumption to x1.
We will still be starting at 9pm EST with qualifying for the GRMN race being 25 minutes. Races start at 9:30. These changes will have the racing end around 10:45pm EST which is where we usually end. I will update the first posts and add the schedule shortly. New season starts Monday!!

Last edited:
Back