Is Driver Assist over powered now?

• Thread starter FazerT
  • 157 comments
Last week i was much faster using CSA and ASM in a group 4, today i did the group 3 race and was a lot slower than the other drivers. So i did an offline time trial (same car and track) without CSA and ASM and was 2 seconds faster than my previous best time. Could it be that some cars benefit more from those aids than others?

I would prefer if they would disable those aids in sport mode as it is a competitive mode. (Reminds me of the overpowered perks in a call of duty game everyone uses.)

Last week i was much faster using CSA and ASM in a group 4, today i did the group 3 race and was a lot slower than the other drivers. So i did an offline time trial (same car and track) without CSA and ASM and was 2 seconds faster than my previous best time. Could it be that some cars benefit more from those aids than others?

I would prefer if they would disable those aids in sport mode as it is a competitive mode. (Reminds me of the overpowered perks in a call of duty game everyone uses.)
I would say tail happy cars gain an advantage from those assists while the more stable cars lose their edge.

I would say tail happy cars gain an advantage from those assists while the more stable cars lose their edge.

I think from visual observations in races what I have noticed is that a car going off the edge and running down the edge of the track in the grass or a car making mistakes with the racing line in many cases loses no pace or time to cars that have not made mistakes while those same actions if done without the benefit of using the aids will pretty much always cost you pace and losing of time to other cars on the track.

It is easy on the replays to look and see what drivers are using what aids within the race. When you see a "S" rated driver incorporate both CSA and ASM within a race when they are 2 seconds a lap quicker than the rest of the field it must give some benefits.

I think from visual observations in races what I have noticed is that a car going off the edge and running down the edge of the track in the grass or a car making mistakes with the racing line in many cases loses no pace or time to cars that have not made mistakes while those same actions if done without the benefit of using the aids will pretty much always cost you pace and losing of time to other cars on the track.

It is easy on the replays to look and see what drivers are using what aids within the race. When you see a "S" rated driver incorporate both CSA and ASM within a race when they are 2 seconds a lap quicker than the rest of the field it must give some benefits.
I have noticed that as well, that is why I only race Gr.3 and punishing tracks like Suzuka or Nurb GP where a mistake usually means you ending up in gravel and losing big chunks of time.

There's no way anyone's faster with ASM on. That thing slows you down.

Check the replays of the top 10 leader boards, there are always a few with ASM and or counter steer assists.

I guess you have to learn how to take advantage of them to get the most out.

Back