Is Gran Turismo Sport Already Dead?

• Thread starter Famine
  • 96 comments
They bloody better not deactivate the game 😑

I’m having an absolute blast with custom endurance races now, just about to finish a 6hr Le Mans race today where I’ll earn over a million credits, tons of XP, Mileage points and whatever else (please implement this in GT7 for God’s sake).

I’ll be devastated if GTS is rendered unplayable, and GT7 remains a nothing burger.

I still plan to use the game for VR until that mode is included on GT7, so I hope they at least update it to the point where it won't constantly remind you that you're offline. That includes getting rid of the red icon flashing in the lower corner that you're in offline mode while on track.

Guys...we choose with our wallets and teach the developers a lesson.

I personally didn't like GT7 and sold it, and went back to GT Sport.
If they shut down the servers for GT Sport that is fine....but if they make it unplayable and your unable to save due to this...than as I said before, I will boycott the whole series and never support them again.

You shouldn't be forced to play the new game.
My favorite gaming series is Yakuza and I didn't like Yakuza Like A Dragon much due to the RPG elements.....
But...GUESS WHAT, I can play 0,1, 2, 3,4 5 & 6 for the rest of my life because they are not being run on some stupid server.

So yeah...Gran Turismo...even though it's my favorite racing game series...it hanging on by a very thin line currently.

Speaking of which, why aren't the past GT games on PSnow? Is there any way to access the past series beyond used hard copies?

I can see both sides of the argument. Personally, I have no use for GTS any longer so couldn't care less if they withdrew support and rendered it unplayable. However, I appreciate there are players out there that do want to play it and so think PD should provide an update where it could be played offline. Doubt that will happen, though.

I will never go back and play gts again, for me there is just so much more enjoyment with gt7, gt7 just need to get that more single player events quickly, if pd is shutting down the servers in gts its no problem for me, but it might be for some people, that just don’t want or can afford gt7 yet

For a precedent on a online-dependent game, see MAG - the game literally cannot boot after its servers were shutdown.

IMO, the should have made Gt Sport 2, not GT 7. Or, make GT 7, offline only, and GT Sport online only, something of that nature. Nobody wants to race the boring AI. 99% of the players want to plug and play online. Nobody cares about N200, N300 cars, other than the Mazda. It baffles me that they chose to go backwards in time, and make you grind it out. Instead of making the online experience better, with improved physics and a penalty system worth having, they chose to focus on car collecting. Don't forget to change your oil. So shutting down online play for GT Sport is a big frowny face from me. Fix Gr 4 BOP, change the tracks every week, and let us keep our simple online game. IMO, IMO, IMO

99% of the players want to plug and play online.
That's just not true.

The truth is actually the opposite of what you're saying. Most people like playing with their random road cars and tuning them up to dive-bomb the AI. I don't get it either, but 14 year old me probably would.

GTSport was an essential pivot to online racing, solely for the marketing potential of having Gran Turismo as a legit e-Sport title. E-sports itself is not profitable for PD but marketing value is immense.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Is Gran Turismo Sport Already Dead?

It’s the inevitable fate of any game that, once it is succeeded, it will eventually wither away as support is withdrawn. While this process usually takes months at a minimum, GT Sport seems as if it could be sidelined in record time...
Is GT sport almost dead? We are on the right path. The daily races that do not change in two weeks is a clear sign of the end of the game. I don't think PD is interested in letting GT sport play offline, but who knows, we'll see in the coming weeks, I'm sure the servers will close by the end of April or something like that.

Gran turismo 7 is proably going to be a lot better in the coming months, but even in the current state its way better than sport in my opinion, i really hated that sport didin’t have upgrade parts, now we can at least get the road cars to brake

Back