Is Gran Turismo Sport Already Dead?

• Thread starter Famine
  • 96 comments
As long as GT7 is buggy, GT Sport will be installed on my PlayStation
You mean until Sony turn the GTS Sport Mode hosting and GTS Public Lobby Listing servers off, and all you're left with is arcade mode and a never-ending fight with waves of "No connection/server found" notifications?

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Is Gran Turismo Sport Already Dead?

It’s the inevitable fate of any game that, once it is succeeded, it will eventually wither away as support is withdrawn. While this process usually takes months at a minimum, GT Sport seems as if it could be sidelined in record time...
I don’t think so, I had no trouble finding online races. But inevitably it will fade out however, given the mtx that PD seem to still be pushing for GT7 (a reason I still haven’t picked it up) there’s still life in the old dog yet and you may be surprised at how long the game attracts players.

All 3 of my friends still play GT Sport and avoid GT7 cause we all agreed it sucks....so personally for us, GT Sport will live on forever. Unless they turn off the servers and make the game unplayable. However we have agreed that if that happens, we will boycott all Gran Turismo games in the future.
I'm honestly assuming what they may do in the future is a patch that removes online but makes the campaign and arcade and stuff playable without internet. (Hopefully)

I'm honestly assuming what they may do in the future is a patch that removes online but makes the campaign and arcade and stuff playable without internet. (Hopefully)
That's probably what will happen unless they want another earful from fans.

I hope that doesn't happen in a long while because I will end up with all my games being offline. Believe it or not I haven't had a game that is online for 2 years except GT Sport.

Back