Is GT5 a finished product after spec II?

• Thread starter shurnster
  • 254 comments

Is GT5 look more like a finished product with spec II?

• Yes

Votes: 140 35.5%
  • No

Votes: 254 64.5%

• Total voters
No, you can see it in the game, dont need to ask the programmer.
As Toronado kept trying to explain to you, the POWER CURVE you get from tuning the engine in game is very linear while this is impossible to achieve in reality.
This is even more pronounced using the ENGINE POWER SLIDER, which no such thing exists in real life.
I like this option and I dont think its a bug, its just not realistic.

kimi123, go back to 'cute' Fiat Panda and go far far far away from thread, you talk out backside too much to take seriously. As toronado has explain the tuning in GT5 is totally not realistic and no matter what useless argue you try post you still wrong. Sorry if it sound like harsh but it just the real fact of matter.

If it is something too obvious it shouldn't exist. I guess only developers can give explanation to this and their reasoning behind it

No.

But hey, GT5 is only a year old, plus it´s been a bad year for our friends at PD. Just imagine what we will have in the near future. We are slowly getting there.

Try to imagine GT5 in 2015 (supposing we get passed 2012). Heck! Even GT6 will have problems trying to match it. I can garantee it. It gives me goosebumps just thinking of it.

How good is Spec II for those without internet or that can't download it?

You can never complete a game with online updates.

No, you can see it in the game, dont need to ask the programmer.
As Toronado kept trying to explain to you, the POWER CURVE you get from tuning the engine in game is very linear while this is impossible to achieve in reality.
This is even more pronounced using the ENGINE POWER SLIDER, which no such thing exists in real life.
I like this option and I dont think its a bug, its just not realistic.
Kimi was saying right before this post that it may be wrong in GT5, but it's not as if it can be helped. If GT5 has it wrong, and GT2 has it right enough, then conclusion would you draw from that?

An example would be the damage. WRC cars have the most depth with damage. Compared to WRC, any other type of car's damage isn't comparable. PD is able to achieve what they've shown with WRC cars. There's a reason for THAT problem.

GT2 does it well enough, GT5 doesn't. There's a reason for THAT problem. I think that's why kimi was trying to defend himself so much. I didn't read everything, but from what I've read, people are making it sound like this can be helped, when it can't. That's what I would have done, and you know meeee 👍

Last edited:
I would support engine swaps if I wasn't sure so many players would make it a goal to get the most powerful engines whenever possible. I wish Kaz would give more of an incentive to keep cars stock to really experience them. I have no problem with tuning but I really don't like that so many people feel the need to fully tune their cars all the time. Yes, it's their game and they can play how they want, but I think if people gave stock cars a chance they would find them more interesting then the fully tuned counterparts.

I would support engine swaps if I wasn't sure so many players would make it a goal to get the most powerful engines whenever possible. I wish Kaz would give more of an incentive to keep cars stock to really experience them. I have no problem with tuning but I really don't like that so many people feel the need to fully tune their cars all the time. Yes, it's their game and they can play how they want, but I think if people gave stock cars a chance they would find them more interesting then the fully tuned counterparts.

What I tend to do is buy certain cars in duplicate and mess around with parts and tuning on one and leave on stock... not every car, mind.... a lot of them are stock anyway.

What I tend to do is buy certain cars in duplicate and mess around with parts and tuning on one and leave on stock... not every car, mind.... a lot of them are stock anyway.
Exactly what I would recommend, and what I plan to do with the cars I accidentally bought not realizing they could be won.

If A-spec contained stock standard championship then incentive to leave stock would appear, other wise it just get fastest car possible.

How good is Spec II for those without internet or that can't download it?

You can never complete a game with online updates.
The only other GT that took this long to make was the the first GT game. During that time, nobody knew about it, so nobody knew what to expect. Also, nobody could really discuss it like we can today. I'd say that started happening big time after GT4 came out. Not GT3 because the PS1 GT's were nothing even close to what GT3 offered (graphics-wise, physics, obviously not car selection, yet GT3 took 1/3 of the time as GT5 to make). So after GT4 is where expectations were high enough, and that's getting closer to the halfway mark of GTPlanet when there was nowhere near as many people discussing GT3-4 as people are GT5.

GT5 was, most definitely, a wake up call to Kaz. GT5, the only other GT to take this long was the first. This a significantly different generation of gaming than ever before, everyone can see that. Gamers are younger and older, video games are getting more complex and have more depth to them. We will never see a GT5 dilemma again. I can almost call that the truth because of the backlash PD AND Sony will receive.

Did I mention Forza? PD has competition and something to compare itself to. They know that can't allow this to happen again. Either way, Kaz said they went overboard with the premiums and fit for next-gen. That I can believe. It'll be easier next-gen, they won't make cars that would be better fit for the console generation after that.

Last edited:
Played 2.0 tonight for the first time, was excited anticipating the new cockpit views.

Extremely disappointed. I just can't do it. If you are just going to paste some black outline over the screen you can do better, imo.

So no, GT5 is not complete for me.

Well, yes the tuning in GT1 and 2 was a lot better and more realistic, but I dont think they can change this for 5 now?

I say put in matchmaking and leaderboards then i'd call it "complete"! : sly:

Zilla
Played 2.0 tonight for the first time, was excited anticipating the new cockpit views.

Extremely disappointed. I just can't do it. If you are just going to paste some black outline over the screen you can do better, imo.

So no, GT5 is not complete for me.

Indeed, it seems like a waste of time really, no point of having it at all.

Not finished; but thankfully they did slap on a few new things (which of course should have been with the original release, but that's another discussion)

An example would be the damage. WRC cars have the most depth with damage. Compared to WRC, any other type of car's damage isn't comparable. PD is able to achieve what they've shown with WRC cars. There's a reason for THAT problem.

erm....the damage on the WRCs is visually good...BUT not realistic, you still have to do the equivalent of throwing a nuclear bomb at the things to even make a door fall off.

Toronado, SimonK, I get the feeling that kimi is against engine swaps for no other reason than it appears in Forza...and thus should never be in a GT game. No amount of logic, reasoning, facts etc etc will change his mind.

Back