Is GT5 a finished product after spec II?

• Thread starter shurnster
  • 254 comments

Is GT5 look more like a finished product with spec II?

• Yes

Votes: 140 35.5%
  • No

Votes: 254 64.5%

• Total voters
I feel it is yeah. More DLC would be awesome though, but at this point, if PD were to just stop, and focus completely on GT6, I would be fine with that.

More real-world DLC tracks and real-world premium cars (that aren't NASCARP) please... Hopefully they like money and keep releasing DLC while we wait for GT6.

Yes to a certain degree because all cars finally have a cockpit view, but besides that it's the same game :(

According to Kaz, its never really going to be finished as he has many plans, and want to do so much more. But I think we could call it a finished product when most of the populair standard cars are made into premiums :)

I would like more as to me, no its not complete, but I don't think theres much more to come now unfortunately.

Polyphony Digital recently added Spec II. Now that spec II is available now, does GT5 looks more like a finished product?
It's a great leap in the right direction, provided bugs don't crop up everywhere, Japanese car based DLC is a related disappointment even as much as I look forward to the cars we are getting.

I could probably call it "finished" if it released like it is now, assuming everything works properly, yes. But it's close to a year later, so that would be equal to "finished but without updates afterwards".
Getting there though.

It added many features but basically zero new content. No new events, no expansion to the A Spec event list which is meant to be the core of the offline game. So no.

Is GT5 a finished product after spec II?

Not at all. Personally, I think Kaz is finished with the game, but sort of remains the 'figure' who speaks. They are probably focusing on GT6 more than anything. Since this is the time of Forza 4's release, you would think those in control of GT5 would come out with something big, however, they didn't, so I take that to mean they are working in ernst, on their next project.

No. It won't be finished until we get a livery editor, a better course maker and a drag strip. The DLC coming up has still kept that little candle of hope inside of me glowing. We've still got a year or two before GT6, so PD will keep supporting GT5 until GT6 comes out.

It wont be finished until it has every car and every track basically lol.
When they allow rims for standards it would be done for me
Its at 90% for me now.
And a freaking normal rw ff in replay mode.

It has black silhouettes pasted onto bumper cam view for standard car interiors so no, it's not a finished product, in fact it's an absolute disgrace for something like that appearing in a seventh generation console game and the only reason people are tolerating it is because it was put there with a free update, if that was in GT5 a year ago on release day people would have went off their heads when they saw it. Finished product? Don't make me laugh.

Two steps forward, two steps back, with a side step and a stumble forward, as far as I'm concerned.

well if i think it wasnt a finished product before spec2, then its not a finished product now.
it would of felt like the finishing touches if they had increased the quality of the standard cars to somewhere near the premium models and gave the option to change the wheels,

the dlc could of potentially made it a finished product too, but with only 2 tracks with one being a kart track, no chance there either,

but hopefully there will be bigger track count in the next dlc

edit,
and the silhouette interior actually makes the game look more unfinished then before, in that aspect

Well the way the question was framed, the answer can be a yes, it is a more finished product than the previous version.

But it still has a long way to go. DLC the next few months?

Back