is GT6's photo mode better than Forza 5?

Also, one thing that not much people pay attention is how PD scales accurately the complete world and the sun position, so the reflections can be realistically rendered no matter the angle of the camera. That is a thing that fails to achieve, or don't care to study, most of, if not all other developers. The stars in GT6 far from a gimmick just follows the same path of real-world elements placement.

For example, see how far from the real car are the hood reflections in Pcars.

And how accurate are in GT6, at 3:17

Forza also had some inacuracies with the sun placement:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...uka-does-gt-get-it-right.119698/#post-3522323
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/forza-vs-gt6-trailer-comparison.282656/page-6#post-8943612

Don't mean to be nitpicky but the one thing that just bugs the heck out of me is how the interior reflections reflect the road even though it's inside the car (look at the outer ring of the speedometer/tach dials, you can see the red/white rumble strips reflecting in them) I wish PD could sort that out!
Wait until GT7, actually that could not be done realistically in real-time but maybe PD finds a trick to blend more accurately the interior and exterior reflections. What is not acceptable are static reflections, that is basically a static texture like the one below imitating a generic environment that rotates around the central axis of the car.

cubemap_2_320x240tjs05.jpg
cubemappingwrapping_157soy.gif

Basically what this thread is about that GT6 is better than anything else out there if and only if you stay still and only use a few special premium cars.

That only applies to Photo Travel of course, things are very different in Photo Mode.

Also, one thing that not much people pay attention is how PD scales accurately the complete world and the sun position, so the reflections can be realistically rendered no matter the angle of the camera. That is a thing that fails to achieve, or don't care to study, most of, if not all other developers. The stars in GT6 far from a gimmick just follows the same path of real-world elements placement.

For example, see how far from the real car are the hood reflections in Pcars.

And how accurate are in GT6, at 3:17

Forza also had some inacuracies with the sun placement:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...uka-does-gt-get-it-right.119698/#post-3522323
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/forza-vs-gt6-trailer-comparison.282656/page-6#post-8943612

Wait until GT7, actually that could not be done realistically in real-time but maybe PD finds a trick to blend more accurately the interior and exterior reflections. What is not acceptable are static reflections, that is basically a static texture like the one below imitating a generic environment that rotates around the central axis of the car.

cubemap_2_320x240tjs05.jpg
cubemappingwrapping_157soy.gif

Maybe they can find a trick to make that work in GT7, let's hope they also prioritise extra time spent on the standard vehicles and sound engine as well as highly important features like sun positioning since it's only around three generations behind the competition..

Ok here we go a whole bunch of awesome.

That's pretty cool, especially the dirt on the cars.

If I counted right, that's about 39 photos. Did you have to upload/download each of those one by one, or can they be transferred directly from Xbox One to your Mac/PC?

That's pretty cool, especially the dirt on the cars.

If I counted right, that's about 39 photos. Did you have to upload/download each of those one by one, or can they be transferred directly from Xbox One to your Mac/PC?

These are not all mine but i uploaded a few with imgur. You can select up to 50 pics and it creates multiple links for forums. I just wanted to show some of the better work of Forzatographers.

These are not all mine but i uploaded a few with imgur. You can select up to 50 pics and it creates multiple links for forums. I just wanted to show some of the better work of Forzatographers.

I meant that I wanted to understand the process of copying photos from Forza 5 to my Mac or PC.

I've used all the previous Forzas, and the process there was cumbersome. I had to create a photo, upload it, download it to the computer via a browser, and then go to creating the next photo. This was taking maybe 10 to 15 minutes per photo for the file transfers.

Does Forza 5 have a way of directly transferring images without having to go via Forza servers?

I meant that I wanted to understand the process of copying photos from Forza 5 to my Mac or PC.

I've used all the previous Forzas, and the process there was cumbersome. I had to create a photo, upload it, download it to the computer via a browser, and then go to creating the next photo. This was taking maybe 10 to 15 minutes per photo for the file transfers.

Does Forza 5 have a way of directly transferring images without having to go via Forza servers?

in short..No.

You can now directly hotlink to the full 1080p image via your Forza profile now which you couldn't before. there is no need whatsoever to upload your pictures to a third party hosting site anymore, if that helps.

in short..No.

Thanks. I kind of expected that answer, although I would have preferred another! :banghead:

You can now directly hotlink to the full 1080p image via your Forza profile now which you couldn't before. there is no need whatsoever to upload your pictures to a third party hosting site anymore, if that helps.

I never wanted a hosting site. My objective was to just get images quickly from Forza to Mac/PC.

I tend to do a photo shoot and create tens of high resolution (8.3 megapixel) images, then I want to do the transfer. Preferably without involving any external network.

But thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited:
What's wrong with the lightning? Why still that light grey front grill on xbox one?
Also the headlights and tail lights of some cars need to be changed. They don't look right, not very realistic.

FM cars also received the same standard/premium treatment as GT?

its illuminated....Was that the best you could do?

Last batch.

[deluge of images removed by staff]

Last edited by a moderator:
I never wanted a hosting site. My objective was to just get images quickly from Forza to Mac/PC.
I miss an USB transfer option, too. Maybe T10 isn't allowed to do this on 360 and XB1 :(.

I tend to do a photo shoot and create tens of high resolution (8.3 megapixel) images, then I want to do the transfer. Preferably without involving any external network.
In FM5 you are limited to compressed 1080p images. The uncompressed, 4k "big shots" from FM4 are gone :/.

Last edited:
its illuminated....Was that the best you could do?
What's wrong with you? You think this is correct or you're just tying to be hostile for some unknown reason?
If you think it's correct show me a real picture of the F50 black grill that becomes light grey (exactly like in the FM5 picture) when illuminated by the sunlight.

Did I say that FM5 photomode stinks? I think it's astonishing! (like the dude in your avatar whoud say), but we can't deny that the graphics of the game were downgraded since the first time it was shown and we can't deny it brings back some issues of the old chapters on X360.
So how next-gen is really this next-gen?

Hold your horses.

Last edited:
What's wrong with you? You think this is correct or you're just tying to be hostile for some unknown reason?
If you think it's correct show me a real picture of the F50 black grill that becomes light grey when illuminated by the sunlight.

Did I say that FM5 photomode stinks? I think it's astonishing! (like the dude in your avatar whoud say)
Hold your horses.

Dude... dont get your panties all in a bunch for nothing. I was joking.
url

Ps: I dont have to show you anything. Maybe google will be so kind as too help you out.
Good day sir.

Forza looks nice, but I'm surprised that they didn't make the car parts reflect on the car. (like side mirrors for example)

Driveclub does that and I hope GT7 will do that too.

Dude... dont get your panties all in a bunch for nothing. I was joking.
url

Ps: I dont have to show you anything. Maybe google will be so kind as too help you out.
Good day sir.
I really don't see how that was a joke...

I'm sure what I see in this picture is wrong, in some cases it also happens in GT5 and GT6.

There is no strong and direct sunlight on the front of the car....but the grill is completely light grey. Is it right for you? Just say yes or no.

mobile.520qujug.jpg

Last edited:
Those Forza shots are amazing.

Its too bad 80% of the pics on the net are terrible. But this shows Forza is on par if not better than GT photomode.
Forza can still learn a lot of the Gt light engine though. its still the best imo.

@hardvibes
Im not going to argue with you as you only seem interrested in derailing this thread. bye now.

Last edited:
I really like those shots from FM5 @King1982 found. And those Forzavista shots. Hmmm. I'm starting to, kinda like Forzavista now, even though I was REALLY negative towards it in the past. There's just something good about it that I like, maybe the amount of detail?

Also, this shot looks like it came from in GT6. :eek: Just wanted to point that out.
OiMzZ2i.jpg

Forza 5 has some incredible detail, here's one I took of the Nordschleife and even the paint looks real.

GetPhoto.ashx

You should try and use some Aperature (Debt of field) and less exposure. That will make it look even more realistic. Forza is inherently over exposed.

More details.

Your cherry picked ones dont come close to the ones i posted here.

I'mma stop you right here for 2 reasons.

A. Stop posting a ton of shots, not all of us like to scroll for 5 minutes to read posts
B. What the hell does that mean? You can post which shots you think are perfect, but someone else can't to try to match lighting conditions to both GT6 and F5?

And most importantly, C...

You all keep missing the point that it's about PHOTOMODE. So posting fancy close up, highly detailed textures rendered on a NEXT GEN CONSOLE, doesn't prove a thing about Forza 5's photomode being better than GT6's.

You all are just trying to turn this into another "FORZA SUCKS, NO GT SUCKS, NO U SUCK" Thread.

Basically what this thread is about that GT6 is better than anything else out there if and only if you stay still and only use a few special premium cars.

That only applies to Photo Travel of course, things are very different in Photo Mode.

Ugh.

Just... ugh. You really couldn't be more wrong.

It's funny how Forza 5 is on a next-gen console, but people that defend Forza are desperate enough to post 30 photos just to say "You see? Pre-baked lighting isn't that bad!" or something similar like that.

We've been through this though, some GT fans love to say the term "pre-baked" like it's an ace card or something, the simple fact is Forza doesn't need dynamic lighting since every track is set at a specific time of day. Saying that FM5 is still using some amazing lighting techniques, from real time driver/interior reflections on the windshield (which adds so much to the sense of immersion) and dynamic self shadowing. Yes some of the environment shadows use baked in or pre-determined techniques (it uses a mixture for track assets as does GT since not every track allows for time of day option) but that's the obvious choice when the time is not changing and the quality is that much higher.

Making such a big deal like some of you are about the difference between "true" environmental dynamic reflections and the mirrored IBL with HDR when the net result is the EXACT same thing is beyond pedantic.

Wait for FH2 if you want to see full dynamic lighting, shadows and weather within the Forza 5 engine.

I'mma stop you right here for 2 reasons.

A. Stop posting a ton of shots, not all of us like to scroll for 5 minutes to read posts
B. What the hell does that mean? You can post which shots you think are perfect, but someone else can't to try to match lighting conditions to both GT6 and F5?

And most importantly, C...

You all keep missing the point that it's about PHOTOMODE. So posting fancy close up, highly detailed textures rendered on a NEXT GEN CONSOLE, doesn't prove a thing about Forza 5's photomode being better than GT6's.

You all are just trying to turn this into another "FORZA SUCKS, NO GT SUCKS, NO U SUCK" Thread.

Ugh.

Just... ugh. You really couldn't be more wrong.

The original post of this thread was comparing the fancy close up high detailed textures to make the point that GT6 "looks" more realistic than FM5, along with a great number of people cherry picking flaws in FM5's graphics with encouragement. Only now it's become off topic?

Very few people in the entire thread have actually made a direct comparison between the options and features of both photomodes.

You should try and use some Aperature (Debt of field) and less exposure. That will make it look even more realistic. Forza is inherently over exposed.

I do usually but there wasn't any point on this photo since I was focussing directly on track detail, so long as there's no white crush (unless it's an artistic decision) then the exposure is fine in my eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back