Is it possible to drift the huge turn in "Tsukuba"?

kirkpetrucci
It seems kinda impossible to drift that huge turn at the end of the track. Can anybody make a video if you can drift that? Thanks :) !

have a look at my vid - Centrifuge 2. I managed it with a Sileighty
I do cut it off a tad earlier than i had wished too, but it is more than doable
(i had one where i drifted it entirely, but i put 3 wheels off at the exit, so it didnt make it into the vid)

I do it all the time, AWD helps, drifting that long with RWD is hard to keep from spinning out. And if you have too much speed you go into the dirt. I usually use the Nissan GT-R Concept, good control for long drifts like that.

It is very possible. It all depends on your skill. If you reach a certain level of it, you will soon be able to drift a whole track in one succesion. Now that would be a true show of prowess. Isn't that right Sheron? ;)

you can definately get some massively sideways drifts on this corner, its just a matter of getting it all right, very easy to under do it, or fly off the track <- done that alot, havnt really got a drift all the way around it but a few fairly long ones, nevertheless, very fun circut to drift

if you want a stock car that can drift that entire turn...try the Nissan Skyline 350GT sedan....that thing is so perfctly balanced (even better than the Skyline Coupe) the rear end breaks loose and the slide is so controllable

Ive done it quite a few times with the 1987 Nissan Skyline GTS-R (R31) and a DS2 controller. Needless to say, the first time i did it it was pretty cool. my settings are posted in the drift settings depot.

As far as getting through a whole track with no mistakes.....still working on that :D Although i got some good practice in on Trial Mountain today working on a photo for the Drift Photo Comp. I was practicing the track in reverse, pulled off a few really ****ing sweet drifts coming out of the first tunnel at the top of the hill with an S14. Almost completely sideways leaving the first tunnel and some nice smooth drifts straight into the 2nd one. Dont have a cap card though :grumpy: but i saved the replay :)

I was working on drifting the whole thing in an AZ-1 on medium Sports tires. Yes, its possible with this car, considering I drifted the MASSIVE turn on Apricot Hill with the same car on Soft Sport tires...

Just a matter of getting the right entry in any car for the turn...

I did it with the Impreza Coupe once, I assume it was a fluke from entering the turn correcting. the one major problem i have with drifting is the corner entry because i'm always so afraid of hitting the wall or dirt

Threw together a quick clip with display/chase views and 3 different lines. Not particularly good, but maybe it'll help.

well check out my vid in my signature ..

well anyways.... i use the toyota Supra Rz stock with n1 tyres.. what u do is ... u come at the beginning of the corner in 4th gear after the straight then u brake hard to around 6000 rpm in 3th and then full throthle and steer to the right...

well my tip is = keep practising

Very good vids guys

yup very possibe tsukuba was the first track i attacked in gt4 heres my very first gt4vid. for my style i like to come in with alot of speed and start my drift by using Feint, the scrubs alot of speed and allows u to maintain some also.

many different types of cars a presented in my vid

its automatic, when its plugged up, in first person view, it comes up. atleast on my game it did

it is possible and if you want to learn it in a rwd try a japanese car running around 300bhp, thats what i did and im gettin better day by day. the FC rx7 gt-x is a gd car to try it with if you get a good setup

project.s13, this has been covered quite a few times, check the previous page. Did you really need to revive the thread?

With some practice that corner is quit easy.

Stock Skyline R34 with N1 tyres in the front and back is my favorite in that corner.

project.s13, this has been covered quite a few times, check the previous page. Did you really need to revive the thread?

This pretty much says it all, don't revive dead threads that have already been answered.

I've done it with the SSAE86 a couple of times. Back when I was first learning how to drift with the normal AE86, I would just power-over at the end of the corner because I didn't know what else to do, heh.

Back