Is it possible to hack or cheat?

Australia
Australia
bgods88
Hello there, I was just wondering if people can hack or cheat by changing some settings to gain more power or get better tyres or something. This happened in a GT4 and 5 contest I was in during my time in the states. I sure hope it cant happen here. Thoughts? Thank you

perhaps use two pilots -- one on wheel for perfect line and another on buttons for gear, brake & ebrake, accelerator, or some combination of those between two pilots. I know that is possible due to working with a handicapped boy. I don't know if it is possible to have a wheel and two pads working at the same time for 3 pilots
Don't get any suspicions about me -- you would have to look in the nether regions to find my times on the leader board. My skill set couldn't even get silver in round 1
Cheating seems rather pointless in competition. However, ethics isn't everyone's mode of operation.

Hello there, I was just wondering if people can hack or cheat by changing some settings to gain more power or get better tyres or something. This happened in a GT4 and 5 contest I was in during my time in the states. I sure hope it cant happen here. Thoughts? Thank you

No. Perhaps there's a way to hack into the game, but you would never get away with it. The only thing anyone would qualify for by cheating is a banned account :P

No. Perhaps there's a way to hack into the game, but you would never get away with it. The only thing anyone would qualify for by cheating is a banned account :P

I'm sorry, but you are very wrong here. Without coming out and saying how, I can assure you there is a way to cheat these events. Furthermore, they don't ban accounts, they ban console ID's, which can also be worked around.

I must say, I watched one of the top 10 replays (I won't say which) and the steering inputs seemed VERY violent. So much so I was convinced it must be a DS3 user, but it wasn't. Hmmm

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but you are very wrong here. Without coming out and saying how, I can assure you there is a way to cheat these events. Furthermore, they don't ban accounts, they ban console ID's, which can also be worked around.

In theory I suppose you can try to bribe PD so that they don't look at the data from the replay file.

Other than that, it's impossible to cheat.

In theory I suppose you can try to bribe PD so that they don't look at the data from the replay file.

Other than that, it's impossible to cheat.

I never said that you couldn't get caught but whatever, since you know it all and everything :rolleyes:.....besides, its not always about the data. ;)

I never said that you couldn't get caught but whatever, since you know it all and everything :rolleyes:.....besides, its not always about the data. ;)
I believe you are right, when it comes to anything computer based, cheating is always a possibility. So is getting caught of course:sly:

I believe you are right, when it comes to anything computer based, cheating is always a possibility. So is getting caught of course:sly:

That's what I'm sayin'. 👍 To get caught here in this situation though, someone will have to make a report and then Sony/PD will launch an investigation. Its been my experience that these leaderboards are not constantly monitored and Sony/PD mostly rely upon reports from the public before they investigate. There are exceptions though I'm sure. The point I am trying to make though and like you have also stated, it is possible to cheat these events, they are not bullet proof.

I'd say that the possibility of cheating includes getting away with it.

Sure, if you cheat and end up somewhere in the middle, far from the top and far from the finals, you might be able to get away with it. But cheating in order to win, no.

But if you know another way, please share it.

I'd say that the possibility of cheating includes getting away with it.

Sure, if you cheat and end up somewhere in the middle, far from the top and far from the finals, you might be able to get away with it. But cheating in order to win, no.

But if you know another way, please share it.

Yea, like I'm really going to do that. :rolleyes: I can guarantee you that though, if I was the cheating kind, I would have no problem fulfilling my goal and becoming a NA finalist and no one would be the wiser, I guarantee it. ;) You seem to know it all though, so I won't argue with you any longer. :rolleyes:

Yea, like I'm really going to do that. :rolleyes: I can guarantee you that though, if I was the cheating kind, I would have no problem fulfilling my goal and becoming a NA finalist and no one would be the wiser, I guarantee it. ;) You seem to know it all though, so I won't argue with you any longer. :rolleyes:

Ah yes, the old "I know what it is, but I don't want to tell you" trick.

Ah yes, the old "I know what it is, but I don't want to tell you" trick.

The trick would break the AUP :) With CFW PS3, anything is possible. If you want to know more, visit dedicated forum that deals with CFW PS3, there would be people there who play GT6. Even in seasonals, regularly cheaters appear on the leaderboard top rank. I also think even with cars given by PD during TT, these people can still do 'stuff', maybe just alter the tune ( suspension, lsd, aero ) to suit their driving ;) These small changes can help a lot as stock tune usually used by PD is suck, and it would not be easily noticeable just by watching the replay.
The only people who would do this on GTA TT to get on the finals, would be those who confident with their real life car driving skills and experience, but lacking in virtual driving.
I know many friend IRL that are very smooth and quick driver around track ( experience with more than 400hp, rwd, awd and ff, driven in the wet and on street to slick tires ) but just average in driving games on pc and console. These kind of people would benefit most from this kind of cheating :lol:

The trick would break the AUP :)

Only if he shared the exact instructions. But saying something like "you can hack the servers" is not an instruction, so unless the trick is so simple that even mentioning it reveals exactly how to do it, I'd say it's perfectly safe to reveal what this secret trick is.

With CFW PS3, anything is possible. If you want to know more, visit dedicated forum that deals with CFW PS3, there would be people there who play GT6. Even in seasonals, regularly cheaters appear on the leaderboard top rank. I also think even with cars given by PD during TT, these people can still do 'stuff', maybe just alter the tune ( suspension, lsd, aero ) to suit their driving ;) These small changes can help a lot as stock tune usually used by PD is suck, and it would not be easily noticeable just by watching the replay.
The only people who would do this on GTA TT to get on the finals, would be those who confident with their real life car driving skills and experience, but lacking in virtual driving.
I know many friend IRL that are very smooth and quick driver around track ( experience with more than 400hp, rwd, awd and ff, driven in the wet and on street to slick tires ) but just average in driving games on pc and console. These kind of people would benefit most from this kind of cheating :lol:

You can't cheat the event with CFW, because the replay file contains the data of the car and the lap and any changes you did to the car is recorded in the file.

Only if he shared the exact instructions. But saying something like "you can hack the servers" is not an instruction, so unless the trick is so simple that even mentioning it reveals exactly how to do it, I'd say it's perfectly safe to reveal what this secret trick is.

You can't cheat the event with CFW, because the replay file contains the data of the car and the lap and any changes you did to the car is recorded in the file.

Recorded data in replay files do not prevent CFW PS3 to make illegitimate changes to the car. I already know the car data is recorded in replay, I can read the replay and tell if the car is legit or not.
PD won't read each replay submitted when a new lap record set online. Someone would have to report the driver/lap time and someone will have to check the replay data. If the changes is not easily visible when being watched ( suspension/lsd/aero ), how do you know someone is cheating without reading the replay files yourselves ?

CFW PS3 is capable of many things in real time, manipulating car data on the track, dump the car data being used in running physics engine ( specDB ), etc - from what I have been told anyway.

Recorded data in replay files do not prevent CFW PS3 to make illegitimate changes to the car. I already know the car data is recorded in replay, I can read the replay and tell if the car is legit or not.

It's not about prevention, it's about detection. There's no way you can qualify for the finals in GT Academy with a hacked car and get away with it.

PD won't read each replay submitted when a new lap record set online. Someone would have to report the driver/lap time and someone will have to check the replay data.

Why would they not do that? They can simply let a script browse through the fastest times and check all the settings to see that they are correct.

If the changes is not easily visible when being watched ( suspension/lsd/aero ), how do you know someone is cheating without reading the replay files yourselves ?

By letting a computer read it. I wouldn't have to do it myself.

CFW PS3 is capable of many things in real time, manipulating car data on the track, dump the car data being used in running physics engine ( specDB ), etc - from what I have been told anyway.

It's not enough to manipulate the car data - even in real time. The issue is how to make sure that the replay file you leave behind appears authentic.

It's not about prevention, it's about detection. There's no way you can qualify for the finals in GT Academy with a hacked car and get away with it.

Why would they not do that? They can simply let a script browse through the fastest times and check all the settings to see that they are correct.

By letting a computer read it. I wouldn't have to do it myself.

It's not enough to manipulate the car data - even in real time. The issue is how to make sure that the replay file you leave behind appears authentic.

If PD do have script to check every submitted replay, then we won't have cheaters on the seasonal TT with their replay. Usually PD do take action, but takes a lot of time or at least reports to happen. If cheater is smart enough, he can alter the car in subtle way that no one will notice. I have seen in the past seasonal TT where top rank time are ( subtle ) cheater but PD didn't even touch them.

Which computer can read the replay by itself ? I read the replay data with hex editor and I have to translate it myself and not anyone can do it.

The last part, are you trying to find a way to cheat without detection ? I don't care about cheaters, just shared what I know and what I know PD do not read every replay, unless it's obvious when watched in PS3 and reports being made.

If PD do have script to check every submitted replay, then we won't have cheaters on the seasonal TT with their replay. Usually PD do take action, but takes a lot of time or at least reports to happen. If cheater is smart enough, he can alter the car in subtle way that no one will notice. I have seen in the past seasonal TT where top rank time are ( subtle ) cheater but PD didn't even touch them.

In what seasonal event did you see cheaters?

Which computer can read the replay by itself ? I read the replay data with hex editor and I have to translate it myself and not anyone can do it.

Any computer can read a file by itself. You just need to tell it what to do and it will do it until you tell it to stop.

In pseudo-code:

Code:
Here's a list of files.
Here's a standard file.
For each file in the list of files, compare the content to the content of the standard file.
If the content doesn't match, call me.

The last part, are you trying to find a way to cheat without detection ? I don't care about cheaters, just shared what I know and what I know PD do not read every replay, unless it's obvious when watched in PS3 and reports being made.

Yes, because getting away with it is important to the question of wether or not it's possible to cheat in GT Academy. Anyone can steal the Mona Lisa, but is it possible to do it without getting caught five seconds later?

All I can see is a bunch of creatures from outer space pretending to be normal human beings, I'd call it out but hard to find any proof to my theory, so maybe I just go sit quietly in some dark corner :D

There are the guys that get to the finals and can't actually drive a real car. Which I find, suspicious!

ODB
All I can see is a bunch of creatures from outer space pretending to be normal human beings, I'd call it out but hard to find any proof to my theory, so maybe I just go sit quiet in some dark corner :D

Maybe the Neuralyzer is wearing off?

In what seasonal event did you see cheaters?

Any computer can read a file by itself. You just need to tell it what to do and it will do it until you tell it to stop.

In pseudo-code:

Code:
Here's a list of files.
Here's a standard file.
For each file in the list of files, compare the content to the content of the standard file.
If the content doesn't match, call me.

Yes, because getting away with it is important to the question of wether or not it's possible to cheat in GT Academy. Anyone can steal the Mona Lisa, but is it possible to do it without getting caught five seconds later?

I won't tell you which seasonal, you can look for yourself. I am not here to guide step by step. Ask the regular TT drivers like @GTP_CargoRatt how often cheaters are on seasonal TT since GT5. I have been checking seasonals TT back in GT5, even I can know how many mileage the car has, which I shared back in the day, I can also make carbon copy of top rank driver car including mileage ( also make it even more , 1000000 miles for example ) The worn engine and oil trick too :lol: where PP is limited. I even setup an account for sharing cars with high mileage for TT. Back in GT5, CFW PS3 is not needed, but in GT6 CFW is a must, so I don't do that anymore, except reading replays and find out if someone cheat ( mileage, worn engine + oil are gray area )

That code you wrote still needs to know where to look for, and should be easy for PD, but PD never seem to care to do it.

You can cheat, that's the question of this thread, getting away or getting caught is different matter and I don't care. What is it that you want ? the secret to cheat and not being found out ? You are on the wrong place, and even if you are on the right place, no one will tell you how :)

There are the guys that get to the finals and can't actually drive a real car. Which I find, suspicious!

:lol: There's old GTA camp videos of a crash because the car has no ABS :lol:

:lol: There's old GTA camp videos of a crash because the car has no ABS :lol:
hahahaha!!!! What year was that? I was referring to in 2013 or 2014 when someone was like "I've never actually driven a car before." Then he killed the engine 2 or 3 times, and went around the course at 5-10 MPH. :D

Back in the days of GT2 I was just a kid, my father had been driving a car something like 30 15 (now that I really think :D)years by then but still I was able to beat him 100 to nothing everytime and in any driving game I was able to force him to race with me :D I mean maybe he wasn't that interested, but still, without knowing how to drive IRL I was better than someone who knew :D hehehehe, ok maybe not the best example, but in priciple this is just a video game so coordination and quick reflects are what matter more than knowing how to drive IRL... I mean one can learn the game without even ever seeing a car IRL...

Last edited:
Back