Is it possible to hack or cheat?

I won't tell you which seasonal, you can look for yourself. I am not here to guide step by step.

Oh, another case of "I know but I don't want to tell you". That's your credibility down the drain.

Ask the regular TT drivers like @GTP_CargoRatt how often cheaters are on seasonal TT since GT5. I have been checking seasonals TT back in GT5, even I can know how many mileage the car has, which I shared back in the day, I can also make carbon copy of top rank driver car including mileage ( also make it even more , 1000000 miles for example ) The worn engine and oil trick too :lol: where PP is limited. I even setup an account for sharing cars with high mileage for TT. Back in GT5, CFW PS3 is not needed, but in GT6 CFW is a must, so I don't do that anymore, except reading replays and find out if someone cheat ( mileage, worn engine + oil are gray area )

I'm well aware of the hacked cars in GT5. GT Academy is played on GT6 though.

That code you wrote still needs to know where to look for, and should be easy for PD, but PD never seem to care to do it.

No, in the pseudo code I told it where to look and what to compare. That's why computers are better readers than humans, because the computer wouldn't have missed that part.

PD doesn't seem to care? So how come hacked cars and hybrids are so rare in GT6 compared to GT5? Just a coincidence?

You can cheat, that's the question of this thread, getting away or getting caught is different matter and I don't care. What is it that you want ? the secret to cheat and not being found out ? You are on the wrong place, and even if you are on the right place, no one will tell you how :)

If you get caught you can't cheat. The possibility of cheating includes getting away with it. Otherwise it's not possible, it would just be an attempt.

And please, do explain why I would want to cheat. What would be in it for me?

Oh, another case of "I know but I don't want to tell you". That's your credibility down the drain.

I'm well aware of the hacked cars in GT5. GT Academy is played on GT6 though.

No, in the pseudo code I told it where to look and what to compare. That's why computers are better readers than humans, because the computer wouldn't have missed that part.

PD doesn't seem to care? So how come hacked cars and hybrids are so rare in GT6 compared to GT5? Just a coincidence?

If you get caught you can't cheat. The possibility of cheating includes getting away with it. Otherwise it's not possible, it would just be an attempt.

And please, do explain why I would want to cheat. What would be in it for me?

Yeah, I don't care about credibility. GT6 difference is only CFW PS3 necessary when hybriding. Which make hybrid cars rare compared to GT5 days.

How do you know where to look and what to compare ? Can you read car setup in replay files ? And the location of car data is different from replay to replay files.

PD only care when it's obvious when the replay being watched, like bigger rear tires, different turbos, much higher grip, the usual easy hack to get quicker lap times with less effort. The smart one will try to hide the car is indeed a hybrid, by changing the suspension code or chassis code or adding aero, giving inherent advantage without being so obvious. It took days for PD to clean up hacked cars, and they may even missed some.

You keep asking how to cheat and to get away, what am I suppose to think :D If you want clear cut definitive answer, go to nextgenupdate, ask the wizards there who ran CFW PS3 with GT6 and can do things no one would think of. Maybe ask @Whistle Snap , he knows more than I do.

Yeah, I don't care about credibility.

Of course you don't, because you know if what you're saying is true or not.
I don't, so your credibility is more important to me.

GT6 difference is only CFW PS3 necessary when hybriding. Which make hybrid cars rare compared to GT5 days.

And that is a change that just happened for no particular reason at all? I don't think so.

How do you know where to look and what to compare ? Can you read car setup in replay files ? And the location of car data is different from replay to replay files.

PD constructed the replay file, PD knows where to look. It's not like they'd need to hack into their own data.

PD only care when it's obvious when the replay being watched, like bigger rear tires, different turbos, much higher grip, the usual easy hack to get quicker lap times with less effort.

What evidence do you have for this?

The smart one will try to hide the car is indeed a hybrid, by changing the suspension code or chassis code or adding aero, giving inherent advantage without being so obvious. It took days for PD to clean up hacked cars, and they may even missed some.

And how do you think they cleaned up the hacked cars? Not by checking each car manually, I can assure you that.

You keep asking how to cheat and to get away, what am I suppose to think :D If you want clear cut definitive answer, go to nextgenupdate, ask the wizards there who ran CFW PS3 with GT6 and can do things no one would think of. Maybe ask @Whistle Snap , he knows more than I do.

You need to look at the context. I'm not simply asking how to cheat and get away, it's a response to someone claiming that it's possible, and I'm asking how that would be done. If someone tells you that pigs can fly, you don't think it's relevant to ask them how?

Of course you don't, because you know if what you're saying is true or not.
I don't, so your credibility is more important to me.

And that is a change that just happened for no particular reason at all? I don't think so.

PD constructed the replay file, PD knows where to look. It's not like they'd need to hack into their own data.

What evidence do you have for this?

And how do you think they cleaned up the hacked cars? Not by checking each car manually, I can assure you that.

You need to look at the context. I'm not simply asking how to cheat and get away, it's a response to someone claiming that it's possible, and I'm asking how that would be done. If someone tells you that pigs can fly, you don't think it's relevant to ask them how?

I see you are talking about how PD detect the replay data being changed, not how you would do it :) The evidence is simple, follow the seasonal TT, look for cheater cars on top leaderboard ( the obvious and not so obvious ones ), see how long they stay there. I think PD staff regularly watch the top ten replays.

If they clean the hacked car NOT by investigating the suspicious cars ( used auto detection ), you won't ever see hacked car show on top leaderboard for more than a few hours. Which is not the case, often they stay for days.

I see you are talking about how PD detect the replay data being changed, not how you would do it :) The evidence is simple, follow the seasonal TT, look for cheater cars on top leaderboard ( the obvious and not so obvious ones ), see how long they stay there. I think PD staff regularly watch the top ten replays.

If they clean the hacked car NOT by investigating the suspicious cars ( used auto detection ), you won't ever see hacked car show on top leaderboard for more than a few hours. Which is not the case, often they stay for days.

That depends on how often they would run such a script. If they check the leaderboards once per week then a hacked car could stay there for about a week before it's being erased from the list.

That depends on how often they would run such a script. If they check the leaderboards once per week then a hacked car could stay there for about a week before it's being erased from the list.

By PD logic so far, either they run auto detection or they check manually. PD has been trying to combat hybrids, the last updates on GT5, the GT6 save files double encryption, console id banning etc. If they run auto detection, they would have run it daily at least.

I think we need a confession from the actual person who tried to do this on GTA TT ( possible or not to actually have tuned/hybrid car complete a lap and get the time stay on the board )

By PD logic so far, either they run auto detection or they check manually. PD has been trying to combat hybrids, the last updates on GT5, the GT6 save files double encryption, console id banning etc. If they run auto detection, they would have run it daily at least.

I think we need a confession from the actual person who tried to do this on GTA TT ( possible or not to actually have tuned/hybrid car complete a lap and get the time stay on the board )

Now we just need to find a volunteer :)

It's common knowledge that GT6 has been hacked' but the question being asked here is " Can GT Academy be hacked?"
I don't see how you can hack a car that has been supplied as a courtesy car? If we were using cars from our own garage then I would say yes but with a supplied car with only TC and ASM and ABS adjustment available I don't see how. Garage editor would only let you hack cars from your garage ? So is the original point being missed here?

I'm sure it is possible to hack the car given to you in GT academy, allowing you to drive the event with greated power or handling or whatever, or even making it harder to get "red laps". However, it would be very hard to avoid detection if PD analyzed and compared the replay data of your lap to an unhacked version of the game.

Surely, they don't have time to manually analyze and compare every GTA entry, but there is a very limited amount of players that will enter the real life part of the competition, and analyzing the replays of these players is well within the limits of what PD would have resources to do.

Basically, if your car achieved even a 0.5 mph greater speed at the end of a straight, compared to the analyzations made by their (probably) cheat-buster version of GT6's physics engine, it would be detected. If you took a corner even 1 mph faster than the physics engine normally allows you do, it would be detected.

The only way they could do it would be to manually edit a replay until you had the car run at 100% of the performance the physics engine allows for 100% of the time. This is probably so high above even the top 5 racers that it would raise some red flags if someone did it. I would also think that someone who spent this much time perfecting a lap manually wouldn't have time to actually get anywhere close to that time by playing GTA normally, and would be eliminated from the real world competition pretty early on.

Last edited:
Only if he shared the exact instructions. But saying something like "you can hack the servers" is not an instruction, so unless the trick is so simple that even mentioning it reveals exactly how to do it, I'd say it's perfectly safe to reveal what this secret trick is.

You can't cheat the event with CFW, because the replay file contains the data of the car and the lap and any changes you did to the car is recorded in the file.
If you find out the trick, feel free to share it and we'll put your theory to the test.:lol:

Maybe 2012 ?

This :
Haha, this shows you what happens when someone never plays the game without ABS!!! Had he just modulated the brakes a bit he would have regained at least some control and maybe avoided the shunt!

I'm sure it is possible to hack the car given to you in GT academy, allowing you to drive the event with greated power or handling or whatever, or even making it harder to get "red laps". However, it would be very hard to avoid detection if PD analyzed and compared the replay data of your lap to an unhacked version of the game.

Surely, they don't have time to manually analyze and compare every GTA entry, but there is a very limited amount of players that will enter the real life part of the competition, and analyzing the replays of these players is well within the limits of what PD would have resources to do.

Basically, if your car achieved even a 0.5 mph greater speed at the end of a straight, compared to the analyzations made by their (probably) cheat-buster version of GT6's physics engine, it would be detected. If you took a corner even 1 mph faster than the physics engine normally allows you do, it would be detected.

The only way they could do it would be to manually edit a replay until you had the car run at 100% of the performance the physics engine allows for 100% of the time. This is probably so high above even the top 5 racers that it would raise some red flags if someone did it. I would also think that someone who spent this much time perfecting a lap manually wouldn't have time to actually get anywhere close to that time by playing GTA normally, and would be eliminated from the real world competition pretty early on.
Anyone who isn't within a few tenths of qualifying wouldn't benefit from a physics hack because your driving style would give it away. But if you can hit your marks and give yourself a small physics boost you might come close to getting away with it, mainly on the grip side of things, not power.

I can think of another, far simpler way of "cheating", in theory anyway, although I'm not sure how possible or how easy it would be. The answer should be obvious. :cool:

Haha, this shows you what happens when someone never plays the game without ABS!!! Had he just modulated the brakes a bit he would have regained at least some control and maybe avoided the shunt!

Those crashes are more to do with them braking way too late than not braking properly, at least with the first one, not sure whether the second guy would have made it or not :P

Changing the physics and car performance away from the default setup would be detectable no matter how slight it was, if put into an analyser that knew how the car *should* have performed in any given situation.

I don't know how seriously PD takes the ingame results in relation to this competition, but if I was running GTA, I would definitely analyze the winners of the ingame thingies in great detail, in case somebody cheated.

If PD does do that, the only thing anyone could get away with would be to manually edit a replay to stay as close to the limits that the physics engine allows. If they did that, they could probably get away with it without raising suspicion if they already were in the 1% top drivers, and only tweaked the replay to be a few thousandths faster than the top player, without changing any physics or altering any car settings.

Last edited:
Those crashes are more to do with them braking way too late than not braking properly, at least with the first one, not sure whether the second guy would have made it or not :P
He still would have went off for sure, but he locked it up and then just held the brake pedal to the floor, didn't even try to regain control. An experienced no-ABS sim racer would have at least tried to save it:lol:

He still would have went off for sure, but he locked it up and then just held the brake pedal to the floor, didn't even try to regain control. An experienced no-ABS sim racer would have at least tried to save it:lol:
I remember hearing somewhere that no matter how late it is real drivers are always trying to regain control thinking theres a chance they can save it. Lol

I remember hearing somewhere that no matter how late it is real drivers are always trying to regain control thinking theres a chance they can save it. Lol

This is true, also, never lift.
pastor_malaysia_630.jpg

How can a courtesy car be hacked?

happened to me in real life on an icy road after a snowstorm, my car has ABS but my front tryres were totally locked and i had to 'manually' remove my foot on the brake pedal and then press it again right before a left bend. It was cool but to be fair i wasn't going that fast ! Wheni arrived home i told proud to my older bro: see ? all those years spent on Gran Turismo ? I saved your car :lol: ( and my ass :nervous: ).

Back on topic, or almost, to me cheating is also abusing the game physich, when i watch replays from the topguys their style of driving is totally not smooth at all, they are like crazy gradmas driving like fools, sliding around ecc.... that is not fast driving to me :yuck: ! Stupid game it should reward 'safe drivers' like me :lol:.

Good GTA Academy to everyone btw ;)

Yeah lol, fooling around on ice and snow results easily to loose control and when it happens the cabin should be full of hands and feet trying to recover the control no matter how late it is... Can't tell yoy guys how insane it had felt when I have been a passanger couple of times that happens and the drivers just locks up!! I mean the second I feel the car is loosing control I react in real life, but seems like if it's totally new situation, many people simply just freeze up :boggled:

Lol, what was the topic? :lol:

Back on topic, or almost, to me cheating is also abusing the game physich, when i watch replays from the topguys their style of driving is totally not smooth at all, they are like crazy gradmas driving like fools, sliding around ecc.... that is not fast driving to me :yuck: ! Stupid game it should reward 'safe drivers' like me :lol:.

Good GTA Academy to everyone btw ;)

You can do it aswell. Everyone is given equal chances to post a top time, now i don't know how you can say It's not fast driving.. Have you got any idea of how much car control is necessary when driving at the limit? It's not at all realistic, but still.

I still use real life techniques on my lap, trail braking, weight transfer etc.

You can do it aswell. Everyone is given equal chances to post a top time, now i don't know how you can say It's not fast driving.. Have you got any idea of how much car control is necessary when driving at the limit? It's not at all realistic, but still.

I still use real life techniques on my lap, trail braking, weight transfer etc.

Yup, no worries mate i was just raging cause i'm not fast enough with my smooth driving. Didn't meant to undermine top guys skills, it's just that i can't cope it, so at the end i'm just slow :ouch:

Surely they can tell if anyone has cheated/hacked the event right??
Thats what Im sayin dude. It does seem the top competitors have something else adjusted but I dont want to blame anyone for anything or put aside anobody's great effprt of achievement.

It's absolutely possible to cheat, actually there's a nearly undetectable way of cheating as long as you have the necessary knowledge, and a jailbroken PS3 is not really necessary

It's absolutely possible to cheat, actually there's a nearly undetectable way of cheating as long as you have the necessary knowledge, and a jailbroken PS3 is not really necessary

Yeah, according to another thread posted on this forum, just by dropping gears down too fast or using handbrake is already cheating, so yeah, you only have to play the game and you can cheat by accident almost... I mean just... :boggled: I'm first to admit that I sometimes hit the limiter dropping down gears, but I swear it's an accident :eek:

Lol :lol:

How nearly undetectable?

Yeah, is it like dark matter-undetectable, or just undetectable by eye?? :D

Last edited:
How nearly undetectable?

You would have to look for two top replays which are nearly identical. Even at this point you won't be able to determine who is the cheater

ODB
Yeah, according to another thread posted on this forum, just by dropping gears down too fast or using handbrake is already cheating, so yeah, you only have to play the game and you can cheat by accident almost... I mean just... :boggled: I'm first to admit that I sometimes hit the limiter dropping down gears, but I swear it's an accident :eek:

Lol :lol:

Nah, that's not cheating at all :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, that's not cheating at all :lol:
Lol yeah, go try telling that to people on that other thread :D hehehe, I mean apparently I've been cheating most of time grinding TT's hehehehe, nice to know!!! :lol: Naah, just kidding :cheers:

You would have to look for two top replays which are nearly identical. Even at this point you won't be able to determine who is the cheater
We can't, sure. Visually it's going to be difficult of course, but PD is able to do it mathematically, if they just want to take the effort.

We can't, sure. Visually it's going to be difficult of course, but PD is able to do it mathematically, if they just want to take the effort.

I like to think that guys who can make something like top 5 should be able tell from replay if there's something fishy goin on and report it... Has to be a really skilled guy who can fool those guys... Well at least I like to think so...

Back