Is Polyphony Digital making a significant mistake by omitting career mode?

• Thread starter Danisfast
  • 158 comments
I'm not too bothered about career mode but if there is no offline Arcade mode then I will definitely have to cancel....Can someone do a post of what you actually CAN do offline/non PSPlus.

Really? Do you know anyone who just blindly buys a game based on the name? Give the "casual" a bit of credit. At the minimum I'd say people at least check out what a game has before handing over the money for it.

That is why I am sure this game will not sell in anything like the numbers Sony/PD expect.

Before they started blackmailing you with all these 'Exclusive Pre-Oder Bonuses' you could wait till it came out and read the reviews, now you just HAVE to get it 'UNKNOWN' in case you miss out on some thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before they started blackmailing you with all these 'Exclusive Pre-Oder Bonuses' you could wait till it came out and read the reviews, now you just HAVE to get it 'UNKNOWN' in case you miss out on some thing.
No one is blackmailing you, they are offering you something in return for buying their game sight unseen. If the risk is worth it, take it. If not, don't. The choice is yours as always.

Also, I'd avoid double posting. It's frowned upon.

I'm not too bothered about career mode but if there is no offline Arcade mode then I will definitely have to cancel....Can someone do a post of what you actually CAN do offline/non PSPlus.
Without PSN+, you can do all the mode except Lobbies and Sport mode.

GT Sport will require an internet connection for the majority of functionality. This connectivity requirement is to ensure that progress, car availability, and driver ratings are properly maintained at all times.

PlayStation Plus will only be needed for online multiplayer. Portions of the Arcade Mode, including limited two-player split screen, single-player races on select tracks, and time trials can still be played in an offline environment.
Source

At first i was very sceptical of that but now i saw arcade mode in couple screens and i think at least that could be some answer for those who like old school racers against AI only.
All we need is more cars as normal city sport cars. Not intetested in race cars rly . plenty other pc games with tones of race cars who need that thing.

I played GT5 and GT6 on my PS3, actually my first more serious racing games I put a lot of time in and bought a wheel for. In 2015 I moved over to an XBox One and Forza 6 since PD/Sony had nothing to compete with that.

Meanwhile I also got a PS4 Pro but I’m still not interested in getting GT:Sport. Having both consoles (X1X on preorder as well) the competition is strong and since I’m mostly a singleplayer person GT:S is for me the weakest title of the three big ones this fall.

So did PD make a bad move by dropping singleplayer and focusing on multiplayer? In my case: for sure, if this would have been GT7 with a fully fleshed out singleplayer mode (and more tracks) for sure I would have bought it as well.

Be thankful then, that we are getting that free demo/beta for a few days so you can try before you buy.

These days I don't bother doing massive amounts of research into games. Sometimes knowing too much can spoil what could have otherwise been a good experience. I've always enjoyed the GT games, and even played a load of Prologue when that came out, same few cars around the same track over and over perfecting the laps. Depends what you want out of a game I guess, but I'm sure GT Sport will look and play well in whatever modes it does have. Am I bothered about having hundreds of cars with 50 tracks and hundreds of variations of each one in different lighting and weather? Not really. These days, time being limited, I'd rather be handed over a more focused package. In either case there are alternatives out there that compliment one another. If I want to grind and have lots of variety with something a bit more showy, I can grab myself an Xbox One S (or X when that releases) and get Forza 7. On my PS4 Pro I have PC2 and F12017 to go at if I want, with more besides and more to come.

The only person you are kidding by wedding yourself to one system and one franchise is yourself. Have an open mind and embrace them all for their different benefits and experiences they offer. It's been a bit dry, especially on PS4, but right now it's a great time to be a fan of console racing.

Well, it looks like either our concerns were heeded or that we were on the same page as Polyphony.

Great news that this is being implemented into GT: Sport.

Back