Is Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus Coming to GT Sport? It Depends on the Price...

I do suppose that we're all mercenaries in one way or another, aren't we? At any rate, I hope SCG & PD figure out a good deal. SCG could even become part of the manufacturer series, with the P4/5 Competezione being the Gr.4 entry, and the SCG003 being the Gr.3 entry. This new car could easily end up being a Gr.1 car, and I'd love it if PD could find a way to add more classes to the manufacturer series, as I think Gr.1 would be most likely, especially if the automakers without a possible Gr.1 car end up being in the WEC hypercar class.

Honestly, if I was a car company I’d be saying to every game publisher that came on by “Take all our crap for free!” and profit from the free advertising. But that’s just me.

Snooty track rights holders like Spa, and car manufacturers like Lotus and James Cameron here really having nothing to loose so I have no idea why they keep trying to demand these crazy-high costs for licensing.

If this somehow magically happens though, I don’t see the Ferrari P4/5 coming in either form because Ferrari hates this guy.

Last edited:
Honestly, if I was a car company I’d be saying to every game publisher that came on by “Take all our crap for free!” and profit from the free advertising. But that’s just me.

Snooty track rights holders like Spa, and car manufacturers like Lotus and James Cameron here really having nothing to loose so I have no idea why they keep trying to demand these crazy-high costs for licensing.

Yep seems like a no brainer, free advertising. I certainly wouldn't want or expect to be paid.

Tend to agree - GT was possibly the best thing that ever happened for Nissans public image. Honestly, how many people in the western world had heard of the Skyline back in '97? And probably even less considered that Nissan was anything other than a generic family car manufacturer.

That said it's not like Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus (doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, does it?) are in the market of selling their wares to the average Joe Public, and it's possible that they think, or know, that they can get brand awareness through reputation. Or that they think the inclusion of their cars in a video game might in some way lessen the mystique of the brand, hence a hefty licence fee is in order.

Yep seems like a no brainer, free advertising. I certainly wouldn't want or expect to be paid.
SCG has no need to advertise. Its target for 2019 was to make 13 cars. I doubt it'd have any trouble selling them, especially as some are race cars destined for customer race teams - and the advertising for that is its on-track performance.
James Glickenhaus.

Spa is expensive to maintain and upgrade, so wanting to maximise its income from image rights makes sense. Lotus apparently discovered it wasn't getting as much money as a brand it considers a peer (I imagine that's McLaren, but it's not a surprise that this came to Lotus's attention - the UK's car manufacturer PR departments all talk on a regular basis courtesy of bodies like MIPAA); we don't know how much money that was, but clearly it felt it wasn't an appropriate level.

Yeah, pretty much what Famine just said. If you want to monetise your brand, giving away the rights to it for free won't achieve that unless your revenue stream is limited by exposure... which I'd suggest neither Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus's or Circuit de Spa Francorchamps, are.

I urge anyone unhappy about this to boycott SCG and cancel their SCG004 order straight away, then stand back and marvel as the order book and output of SCG doesn't change by a single unit.

What do they consider fair? If they think they should be paid the same as a manufacturer such as Honda they're delusional. Gt will take what one or two cars from them

Damn right Jim should tell them to give him better if they aren’t meeting anything near what the brands peers are getting. It’s not about free advertising, it’s about getting what you’re owed and helping your business grow. If Lets say a small unknown bespoke car maker get ‘free publicity’ through Gran Turismo, that will in turn boost business. If that car maker gains, let’s say 20% more custom, it needs to probably upscale the production process, which costs money. Where would that come from?

Jim is a smart guy, he knows what he has to offer and feels he should be rewarded and damn right he should. @GTjedi99 maybe Along the lines of what ktm, Pagani, Fittipaldi (I know vision gt) or any small production scale brands are getting. That would make most sense. Either way, they obviously low balled him.

It would be incredible to drive an SCG wagon on gtsport, but we can only hope!

“This turned out to simply be a still image from the real Nurburgring 24 Hours, but it did get some keen-eyed fans excited — and then disappointed“

And anyone who thought otherwise was just being ridiculous.

What do they consider fair? If they think they should be paid the same as a manufacturer such as Honda they're delusional. Gt will take what one or two cars from them

The question is what value does each brand add to the GT franchise. If ten cars are added to the game, the value of the licensing agreement will surely be more, so you'd expect Honda to get more money from PD than SCG, on the flipside, if Honda was represented in game by only the Jazz and the Beat, and SCG by the 003C and the P4/5, would you still think Honda should be paid more?

FWIW, I'd love it if SCG were added to the game.

I wholeheartedly agree. I've frequently mentioned in conversations with friends that if I were a large car company with a good back-catalogue of road and racing vehicles (Ford, for example), I'd have a department that modeled many of those vehicles and made them available to developers. Why? It boosts your brand's profile. The kids playing GT and Forza today may well be future consumers of your product. Now that's not likely to include the likes of SGC, but I still feel that the mass-producers of cars could benefit.

Honestly I couldn't care less about hypercars. Maybe I'm old and not rich enough to be excited about these engineering efforts, but I guess if it was in the game I'd try it once and that's it.

Given in 18 months time Glickenhaus will be competing for overall wins at Le Mans and in the WEC. It seems a good fit to join Gran Turismo alongside Toyota and Aston Martin with Hypercars.

yas
Honestly I couldn't care less about hypercars. Maybe I'm old and not rich enough to be excited about these engineering efforts, but I guess if it was in the game I'd try it once and that's it.
The Hypercar in this case is a race car. The forthcoming replacement for LMP1.

Tend to agree - GT was possibly the best thing that ever happened for Nissans public image. Honestly, how many people in the western world had heard of the Skyline back in '97? And probably even less considered that Nissan was anything other than a generic family car manufacturer.

That said it's not like Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus (doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, does it?) are in the market of selling their wares to the average Joe Public, and it's possible that they think, or know, that they can get brand awareness through reputation. Or that they think the inclusion of their cars in a video game might in some way lessen the mystique of the brand, hence a hefty licence fee is in order.

They were certainly well known in Australia in the early nineties. I was still a youngster at the time but I do remember they were so good at Bathurst they were kicked out. Gojira! :lol:

The powers that be couldn't let anything get in the way of the dull Ford vs Holden rivalry - both were I think still made in Aus at the time.

SCG has no need to advertise. Its target for 2019 was to make 13 cars. I doubt it'd have any trouble selling them, especially as some are race cars destined for customer race teams - and the advertising for that is its on-track performance.

James Glickenhaus.

Spa is expensive to maintain and upgrade, so wanting to maximise its income from image rights makes sense. Lotus apparently discovered it wasn't getting as much money as a brand it considers a peer (I imagine that's McLaren, but it's not a surprise that this came to Lotus's attention - the UK's car manufacturer PR departments all talk on a regular basis courtesy of bodies like MIPAA); we don't know how much money that was, but clearly it felt it wasn't an appropriate level.
Hey
Tru^
Best
Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
If its a racing car then no, never happen. Because this is a game that does not include racing cars in any of there updates. Just pointless road cars.

I wholeheartedly agree. I've frequently mentioned in conversations with friends that if I were a large car company with a good back-catalogue of road and racing vehicles (Ford, for example), I'd have a department that modeled many of those vehicles and made them available to developers. Why? It boosts your brand's profile. The kids playing GT and Forza today may well be future consumers of your product. Now that's not likely to include the likes of SGC, but I still feel that the mass-producers of cars could benefit.

Agreed. SCG doesn't exactly have that sort of demographic. I think it really depends on the goals of the automaker, as some have already mentioned. For example, Koenigsegg and Honda's demographics couldn't be more different, but maybe the former is a bit more alright with charging lower fees for licensing, even if the average gamer that'd be driving the Regera in NFS is highly unlikely to ever be in the market for it. I'd imagine Ferrari would be pretty pricey, too, given that they're said to have the most powerful branding in the world. Or maybe it's not that costly, but the power of the Ferrari brand results in developers needing to adhere to Ferrari's...more specific rules for depicting their cars.

Side note: What if the Toyota deal is partially why we got Tokyo Expressway versus a portrayal of the actual C1 loop and similar parts of the Tokyo highway system? It'd make sense. If Toyota really doesn't wanna be associated with street racing, then it'd make sense we wouldn't necessarily see a highway that's arguably most famous for illegal street racing. And instead, maybe Toyota's fine with a fictional course that just resembles actual roads, i.e. Tokyo Expressway. This situation unfortunately also would imply that it'd be hard to bring back Tokyo R246, being based on actual roads you can drive. But I think the Special Stage courses could return, by this logic. Maybe it's not even a big of a deal if the street circuit has been modified to look more like it's for more formal racing, so maybe R246 could still return? I'd love more city courses to both return and be added, to be honest, and I think if/when Formula E comes, we'll see a good amount more courses - though I also hope we can drive them with cars other than the Formula E car(s) that'll be coming.

Last edited:
Hey
Tru^
Best
Jim
The Glickenhaus and Gran Turismo brands seem to have so much in common. Both appreciate automotive history and the finer details in these machines.

Outside of Nurburgring 24h fans. The brand is still running somewhat under radar. That will change with the Hypercar program and new range of road cars.

When you see the exquisite detail PD put into their car modelling, from modern LMP1’s like the TS050, to classics like the MKIV & 330P4. It would be so good to see the entire Glickenhaus range modelled to perfection in Gran Turismo.

Seems a lost opportunity for both parties but mostly for Glickenhaus to be honest. Gran Turismo doesn't need Glickenhaus, but Glickenhaus may benefit from exposure, unless they want to to continue building 13 cars a year, ie not grow

mef
Seems a lost opportunity for both parties but mostly for Glickenhaus to be honest. Gran Turismo doesn't need Glickenhaus, but Glickenhaus may benefit from exposure, unless they want to to continue building 13 cars a year, ie not grow
Not every auto builder needs to be high volume, especially when their specific market is race cars.

If its a racing car then no, never happen. Because this is a game that does not include racing cars in any of there updates. Just pointless road cars.

So you're just gonna intentionally ignore the Dallara SF19s from March, or the Porsche 962 from April just because PD haven't included race cars in the last major update?

mef

Except Glickenhaus doesn't need GT either. They are a Boutique Manufacturer, not some upstart mass market OEM

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back