Is Special Stage Route 11 in GT5?

• Thread starter ploopsy
  • 374 comments
We discussed yesterday it will obviusly come with legendary Underpass section from the first GT, so we can expect both GT and GT3 itterations probably.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=122263&page=34

Thanx to Timppaq for the clarification grab:

2zxvzut.jpg

Special Stage Route 11 always seems to be Odd Man Out. It is more challenging than Special Stage Route 5. It has been in GT1 and GT3, each with different configurations. SSR5, however, has been in every major Gran Turismo including Tourist Trophy. Chances are good if you think that every odd-number GT features SSR11. Upon early speculation, SSR11 will make a return. That is, unless the course has been remodeled yet again to where it looks completely different from any past GT.

So I'm going to say SSR11 WILL return.

This is some of the best news I've ever heard about the GT5 series- SSR11 has been, by far, my most favourite track in GT and its omission from recent iterations of GT had left me quite disappointed.

Yep, 1st time i saw the part i was assuming it was SSR11. I think it is.
However the next part of the "standard" cars vid, you see the Bentley going through the uber-long finishing straight of SSR5.
Could be both you know.

Guys it's obviously SSR11/5. Check out the latest E3 trailer again. In the night driving section on SSR11/5 you can see light up trees everywhere. Specifically starting at 0:37

On a side not, we surely seem to be getting a ton of street circuits. Tokyo, Rome, Madrid, London, and SSR so far. I'm sure we will at least get Monza added to that list as well.

Last edited:
As much as i would loveeee to get news of SSR11 returning in GT5, i dont think this is it. im thinking that this is just another iteration of SSR5, primarily because you can see the Bentley going down the front straight of SSR5 later on in the vid... after seeing Toronado's comparison photos with the Bentley, im convinced that it is SSR5, just with the surrounding features dramatically redesigned (and looks awesome with the trees lit up)

Not going downhill they aren't. That whole section, from the middle of the straight through to the start of the start/finish straight including the corner, is uphill.

Looking closer at this photo...

ssr53.jpg

They are coming from a lower portion of the track. Heading up towards a crest and beyond that crest are more trees of the same type.

Also, there is the bridge on the map. They are about to pass under that before they get to the chicane. Surely I'm not the only one who is of this opinion.

You may well not be the only one of that opinion. It doesn't really alter much. If it were that chicane, the fourth car - a CLK GTR - is heading from the wrong direction. And not going uphill.

Ok, so this is probably where our difference of opinion stems from.

What does the chicane have to do with uphill or downhill?

[...]
\/
\/
ssr5.jpg

Towards this corner...

nx45g2.jpg

On the track map of SSR5, cars approaching the chicane would have first to turn to the right. However in the screenshot above they appear to be turning to the left.

If it's a redesign of SSR11, I speculate that PD might be keeping the underpass but also removing the "death chicane" of GT1 which would not make sense in any real circuit (too dangerous) and replacing it instead with a new one, similar to the GT3 version (which was a quick angular left-right chicane), this time after and not in the underpass.

Ok, so this could be a redesign of any track out there. However, this section most closely resembles the section from 11-21 seconds.

What does the chicane have to do with uphill or downhill?

That whole section, from the middle of the straight through to the start of the start/finish straight including the corner, is uphill.

As an additional note, SSR5 has been in every GT game so far and, as yet, has never been redesigned beyond trackside gentrifcation.

Pause the video above at exactly 20 seconds. Nothing about that camera angle suggests it is uphill. Same exact thing with the chicane photo from the standard cars video.

Also, notice these cars are prepping for the right hander, as they are staying to the left. While coming uphill from under a bridge.
ssr53.jpg

2zxvzut.jpg

Pause the video above at exactly 20 seconds. Nothing about that camera angle suggests it is uphill. Same exact thing with the chicane photo from the standard cars video.

I've driven 15,000 laps of that track, forwards and backwards. The corner you're saying is in the SLR/GT1 video is not the last chicane on SSR5.

Well, with all evidence in front of me I will disagree. Guess we will find out soon.

**runs to living room to play gt4**

Take a photomode picture of the spot you think it is. That should help dispell the "evidence".

To me it is SSR5.
The pic with the SLS braking is the end of the straight that goes down then up before the last chicane but redesigned.

However in that pic :
nx45g2.jpg

I think it is the same chicane but from the reverse SSR5. You can see the cars coming from some kind of straight and coming into a left/right turn just like SSR5 last chicane.
The trees may be confusing but I think it's just a redesigned version of SSR5, made to look like SSR11 from GT3.
Actually, this may be a hint about SSR11 inclusion in the game but I don't think we've actually seen that particular track so far.

IMHO

On the track map of SSR5, cars approaching the chicane would have first to turn to the right. However in the screenshot above they appear to be turning to the left.

I noticed in the standard car video, if you look closely you can see a car about to make a right turn. Just before they cut to the footage of the Bentley on the straight. I grabbed a screenshot of it.

64895812.png

Well, that screenshot makes it look like the section after the tunnel of SSR5 if it didn't have the huge concrete walls and has been redesigned.

E3 video and the Standard cars video is at SSR5.
I pointed it out, and other pointed it out in previous posts.
There's a sony 3D add with a track on it. Don't remember if its SSR5 or SSR11.
*image*
ARE YOU SERIOUS?
Can't you see that it shows the track map of SSR5? Clearly you need some glasses.

I noticed in the standard car video, if you look closely you can see a car about to make a right turn. Just before they cut to the footage of the Bentley on the straight. I grabbed a screenshot of it.

64895812.png

looks like tree lights to me. But the cars in that pic are turning the wrong way for it to be SSR5. That and, if you WATCH the video you know the cars came off a straight. Clearly people have taking pics of two different corners. The one with the SLR could be SSR5 since they're turning right. The Standard car video, however shows them turning left through a chicane, which is wrong for SSR5. Also, the straight that the Bentley is one isn't right for SSR5, either. That there looks like SSR11.

E3 video and the Standard cars video is at SSR5.
I pointed it out, and other pointed it out in previous posts.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?
Can't you see that it shows the track map of SSR5? Clearly you need some glasses.

I can see it shows a track map, now from which track is the map... :sly:

Anyway, is it confirmation? Or we had confirmation for SSR5 before? Well aside from screenshots that could be from a different track that is.

I think we'll find out in August. But Famine is right, SSR5 has been in EVERY GT game and has NEVER gone through a major redesign. Just race it in GT4.

Back