Is the Chapparal 2J race car worth buying? Any quirks?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RugerGuy
  • 51 comments
  • 4,470 views
Messages
50
I've been thinking of buying one, but I don't know anything about how it drives.
 
i would recomend a toyota 7 for handling.
 
One of the ugliest cars in the game, I get annoyed just by looking at it.
 
I already have the Toyota 7. It handles well but seems to have turbo lag.
 
The 2J is the only car my Bob could win the historic race at Monaco (Cotex Diaper). I gave him a fully-upgraded Toyota 7 and he couldn't win with it. I tried several tuning setups people have posted and he still couldn't win it with the Toyota 7. If I ran him warm he only barely kept pace with the AI but nose-dived into the same bit of armco at the Nouvelle Chicane on almost every single lap, and if I cooled him down he stopped eating the barrier but then was no longer competitive and advanced to the rear. No tuning setup and no strategy was able to get Bob the victory. Only the 2J did that, with which he won by about a minute over the second-place car, which was also a 2J.
 
2J's not ugly at all in my opinion. Can-am cars are like that, and guess what? X2010's fan car idea comes from 2J.
 
2J's not ugly at all in my opinion. Can-am cars are like that, and guess what? X2010's fan car idea comes from 2J.

Really, I find that hard to believe.
 
The Toyota 7 Absolutely destroys the 2J and my Bob won the historic cup with it fairly easily, the 2J has very good handling though.
 
Haha the 2J looks like a crappy paperbox... But it's fast as hell with certain setups..

It also runs 243 KM/H in reverse :dopey:
 
The Toyota 7 Absolutely destroys the 2J and my Bob won the historic cup with it fairly easily, the 2J has very good handling though.

I am pretty sure the 2J destroys the Toyota 7. :)
 
Wow, I gotta try that out :lol:

Hehe you do that... Enjoy ;)

I won a dragrace against a mate when he had a fully tuned Silvia S15 against my 2J... And I really owned him with my reverse driving :D
 
On the bright side... after the one make race with the 2J's or the x2010's, there's no cleanup duty on the track...

On topic though, My friend has the 2J and he loves it... Well he loves driving it from bumpercam.
 
2j is great imo. As mentioned Bob could only win in this car. I cant believe how long the gears are. It has a 3 speed box and can do something like 350 odd ks....... or more
 
Interesting little fact. Back in the late 60's and early 70's, my father worked on the engine for the 2J. They used to blow them up testing just how high you could make them rev in simulations of running the Le Mans 24 hour race. That Mulsanne Straight was pretty brutal on the engines before they put the chicaines in.
Just remember. When jou drive jour 2J. There's a little bit of my family DNA pushing you along.
 
The 2J is the only car my Bob could win the historic race at Monaco (Cotex Diaper). I gave him a fully-upgraded Toyota 7 and he couldn't win with it. I tried several tuning setups people have posted and he still couldn't win it with the Toyota 7. If I ran him warm he only barely kept pace with the AI but nose-dived into the same bit of armco at the Nouvelle Chicane on almost every single lap, and if I cooled him down he stopped eating the barrier but then was no longer competitive and advanced to the rear. No tuning setup and no strategy was able to get Bob the victory. Only the 2J did that, with which he won by about a minute over the second-place car, which was also a 2J.


What he said! ^^^
 
Good car, but definately not worth the money...
 
Good car, but definately not worth the money...

I think it is indeed worth the money.. There ain't many other cars that make me smile like the 2J ;) And when you tune it properly it'll outrun almost anything...

And it will outrun everything in reverse, exept maybe a other 2J but that's up to the drivers skills... :sly:
 
should be a prize car

why would anyone pay 14mil for an overpriced fridge with fans on it?
 
The 2J is the only car my Bob could win the historic race at Monaco (Cotex Diaper). I gave him a fully-upgraded Toyota 7 and he couldn't win with it. I tried several tuning setups people have posted and he still couldn't win it with the Toyota 7. If I ran him warm he only barely kept pace with the AI but nose-dived into the same bit of armco at the Nouvelle Chicane on almost every single lap, and if I cooled him down he stopped eating the barrier but then was no longer competitive and advanced to the rear. No tuning setup and no strategy was able to get Bob the victory. Only the 2J did that, with which he won by about a minute over the second-place car, which was also a 2J.
I managed it in the 7 but you have to push and manage the driver every step of the way. You can cool him off for the swimming pool turn, but the timing is crucial. Too early or too late and it won't work. I'd say it too me about 20 tries, maybe more. If I'd counted I surely would have given up on it. Haven't seen the Chapparal, or the Cornflakes Packet on Wheels as we call it on sale as yet, in any case.
 
I won it with a 2d instead of 2j upgraded fully max downforce and transmission up 2 notches
 
should be a prize car

why would anyone pay 14mil for an overpriced fridge with fans on it?

with duping-trades it doesn't matter what price is :)
i didn't buy it yet but i want it
and my little son loves design of this "vacuum cleaner"
 
2J is really great car, especially when you consider its age with speed and handling. And to monaco, bob can win it in many cars, mine in ford mark IV fully tuned and mine setup and he won by 10 sec from 2J. and back to hte question, buy it? YES
 
The 2J is not required to win Monaco in B-Spec, as I have won it 4 times using a 330 P4 by ample margins. I've never ran the 2J in GT5 but I soured quickly on it in GT4 due to the 3 gear transmission.
 
The 2j race car is a very good car. I think the car is worth buying or finding someone who will trade one. I use it all the time and i like how it handles.
 
I think about buying a Chappa too, which one is more fun - 2D or 2J?
 
Back