Is the negativity ever going to end?

• Thread starter Boxster
  • 172 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
For a few days now I have been reading nothing but negativity on this forum. Do you guys never get tired of being outraged?
It's not that I don't understand the disappointment, I just can't stand the constant raging. Literally thousands and thousands of posts repeating the same complaints. I get it, you are not happy. I just don't want to read the same thing repeated at nauseam.
And what is hilariously funny: everyone is complaining about the grind so much, that reading this forum is becoming a grind. Wow!

We all know now what your complaints are. Can we also post about something else?

The complaints are valid but I do agree that there is no need for multiple threads about the same issues popping up every day. Some consolidation could be useful but I also understand the frustrations of many players worldwide. I love the franchise to death and have been a fan for over 20 years, so I can see how it hurts to see our beloved game go through such a rough launch/post launch beginnings. There are definitely things wrong with the game, but somehow I can't pull myself away despite all the flaws.

The game can be so great and superior to every iteration that came before it if several things were implemented, improved, fixed and changed. We all know what those things are. I do wish there was less toxicity around here though.

Yes, this game is beautiful, online only single player experience, fully priced with megatransactions that will question your sanity if you look at how much all these beautiful cars cost in comparison to how much you will need to grind... I mean play in ultra low paid events
I hope I brought you little bit of peace and happiness in this cruel world of endless grind👍

Of course people here get tired of complaining but their dissatisfaction is warranted at the end of the day. Some take it too far for sure but we shouldn't have to just sit here, be quiet and take it like a good little customer when PD are completely ignoring the glaringly obvious negative feedback and implementing anti-consumer practices in their product.

At the end of the day PD are making a game to sell to customers, and the vast majority of them have voiced their displeasure, and they've been ignored, while Kaz's response is as empty and meaningless as ever.

Agreed. It kinda got out of hand. I am a bit frustrated with the new update's nerf to payout, among other things, but that won't stop me from playing GT7, because, gameplay-wise, it's the best game in the series thus far. It will improve, it will change for the better.

It could've been better. I should have been better. Ugh, could've, should've, would've, the game came out as-is, we should just accept its shortcomings, for now, and hope that Polyphony won't make the same mistakes in the future. I choose to remain optimistic, I guess...

Last edited:
We've seen a lot of newcomers recently disparaging any poster who disagree with them, and repeating the same complaints in post after post as if it's something new each time.

The toxicity of it has been quite shocking at times, with some weakly disguised racism towards Japanese people generally, and wishing of violence towards PD staff as examples of things I've seen around, and have reported.

Coming from the Sport forum that was mostly about the races it's been a bit of a culture shock!

For a few days now I have been reading nothing but negativity on this forum. Do you guys never get tired of being outraged?
It's not that I don't understand the disappointment, I just can't stand the constant raging. Literally thousands and thousands of posts repeating the same complaints. I get it, you are not happy. I just don't want to read the same thing repeated at nauseam.
And what is hilariously funny: everyone is complaining about the grind so much, that reading this forum is becoming a grind. Wow!

We all know now what your complaints are. Can we also post about something else

We all know now what your complaints are. Can we also post about something else?
Trust us, we don't want to be having to be so negative about GT7...

We ALL want it to be good...We want it to be fun...

We want it to be Gran Turismo...

Right now it isn't...

If we stay quiet and ignore the problems not only will it not get better bit it will likely get even worse and the future of the franchise will literally be doomed...

It's the fact that for too long too many people sat back and did nothing that we find ourselves in the situation where systems like these microtransactions that ruin games are becoming more prevalent in gaming as a whole...

We as the players CANNOT afford to sit back and ignore these problems...

Not anymore...

When a beloved game comes out in such a sorry shape as this one has and is so blatantly predatory towards it's users then it's only the users that can take a stand...
If we don't, who will...?

Somehow, without repeating an event more than a couple of times in one session, I have over 100 cars including the F40 and GT spec II. I think that I've hardly used 80% of these cars, and I've yet to Gold S Licence (which will probably be beyond my capabilities). I have 5 of the 6 missions to do as well. I've only set up 4 or 5 custom races - so I have this yet to explore.

At some point, more tracks, events, and cars will drop. These will probably be free otherwise there will be issues with online races..

Is the game finished no, but with the updates that we got for GT5, GT6 and GTs - was it ever going to be? Of course not. I remember huge complaints when GT5 and GTS came out, and PD consistently developed and added more content throughout the game's life span.

It was frustrating to be locked out for over 24 hours, and the small payouts for custom and sport modes are a bit annoying. I do think that there has been a little bit of an overreaction - but each to their own. Many have made sounds cases for their perspective.

I expect that there will be an update in the next month, featuring 3 -5 menu books, providing a few more cars, and races with faster cars providing slightly higher payouts. Then another update, a month or two later. My guess is that PD will alternate between smaller and larger updates.

Within 3 months, there will be several races offering 100,000 credit rewards, but these will take 10-20 mins to complete. My guess is that the FR event will look in perspective.

We are a while from getting events with a high payout. The goal for PD is to keep as many players playing as they can.

While I appreciate your perspective, you must understand that ongoing pressure must continue if any hope of change is to occur. I agree that we do not need to continuously make new threads. There are a few threads open already. I would say we need a thread to post news articles that we can then share with other sources.

Somehow, without repeating an event more than a couple of times in one session, I have over 100 cars including the F40 and GT spec II. I think that I've hardly used 80% of these cars, and I've yet to Gold S Licence (which will probably be beyond my capabilities). I have 5 of the 6 missions to do as well. I've only set up 4 or 5 custom races - so I have this yet to explore.

At some point, more tracks, events, and cars will drop. These will probably be free otherwise there will be issues with online races..

Is the game finished no, but with the updates that we got for GT5, GT6 and GTs - was it ever going to be? Of course not. I remember huge complaints when GT5 and GTS came out, and PD consistently developed and added more content throughout the game's life span.

It was frustrating to be locked out for over 24 hours, and the small payouts for custom and sport modes are a bit annoying. I do think that there has been a little bit of an overreaction - but each to their own. Many have made sounds cases for their perspective.

I expect that there will be an update in the next month, featuring 3 -5 menu books, providing a few more cars, and races with faster cars providing slightly higher payouts. Then another update, a month or two later. My guess is that PD will alternate between smaller and larger updates.

Within 3 months, there will be several races offering 100,000 credit rewards, but these will take 10-20 mins to complete. My guess is that the FR event will look in perspective.

We are a while from getting events with a high payout. The goal for PD is to keep as many players playing as they can.
These events should have been at release. They can always mix up the races in updates. 100k per 10min is still slower than any other game in history considering you could sell super expensive cars repeatedly in GT1-5 and 6 and sport had huge payouts and bonuses. In addition to that, cars are way more expensive...on average...than they ever have been.

I hope you're right but this entire comment is basically just "wishful thinking"...

Given what we see right now and what we're hearing and seeing right now from the developers does not back up that wishful thinking...

The only way we see races with even half decent payouts moving forward is if we force PD to backpedal on their anti consumer plans...

Those plans are as painfully apparent as it can be if you take a moment to look at everything all together...

*Increased car prices
*Reduced race payouts
*Can't sell won cars
*The entire roulette system which ARE lootboxes
*ignoring tire bug until they can set up the payout nerf

Come on dude...Really...?

We all want GT to be successful, but not if it comes at the expense of our quality of life as players...

There is a difference between success and EA style "success"...

Polyphony Digital has taken a drastic EA turn with this release and we absolutely should not be having it...

We just have to accept that they only care about mtx, after saying that they don't want people to play same races over and over while nerfing payouts in some races and bumping in another, 100k for 10 min still faster than 97k in 20 and either they have problems with simple math or simply trolling
But one must stay positive regardless if he being robbed in brought daylight and most importantly smile 🤗

Last edited:
Oh, the intranets, what a grand and glorious microcosm it is. ;)

Actually, this place is overrun with cancel culture, and if you don't go along with the mob, you get poo. Whining about MTX really is dumb, because you don't have to play that game with SONY, as if you really can't progress unless you give in and buy some credits. What's really funny is those who hate grinding will grind away for hours with gripe posts. Sometimes all day.

If this isn't Gran Turismo, i'm going to check out the physics thread and then go play some not-GT7. :sly:

Last edited:
I hope you're right but this entire comment is basically just "wishful thinking"...

*Increased car prices
*Reduced race payouts
*Can't sell won cars
*The entire roulette system which ARE lootboxes
*ignoring tire bug until they can set up the payout nerf

Come on dude...Really...?

We all want GT to be successful, but not if it comes at the expense of our quality of life as players...

There is a difference between success and EA style "success"...

Polyphony Digital has taken a drastic EA turn with this release and we absolutely should not be having it...
I agree it is wishful thinking, with some basis on their previous history

*Increased car prices - the XJ13 is down from 20m to 12m, I guess that there are other examples? Gr1/2/3/4 and VGT are the same?
*Reducing payouts at this time does look poor - I agree, and I mentioned the payouts for custom and sport mode races
*We couldn't sell gift cars in GTS, but we should be able to sell cars we've bought
*Roulette - I hate that it is as rigged as the daily spin in GTS, I've still won 4 cars inc Ruf and GT Spec II, and 700,000 credits
*Ignoring the bug - I don't know the system they have to use for updates, so I don't know if they did ignore

I don't disagree with the negativity, just think it is a bit over the top. But each to their own.
I go think that GT7 is a very good game as it is, but absolutely agree that it could have been a great game

I predict that eventually most people will stop caring and will continue to play the game or simply stop playing but eventually the anger will calm down

Ignore button. Believe me.

I'm loving the game. Just do what I do. Put the serial complainers on Ignore. It makes this forum much more pleasant.
Serial complainers? This game has reached all time lows for the series, with some big issues that will rock PD for a very long time.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 9
Back