is there a matte black which is black not gray

I'd agree that the Lambo Aventador Matte Black (Nero Nemesis maybe?) is the blackest Matt of them all.

Matt black will always look dark grey, that is it's true nature. All colours and pigments are naturaly of a matt finish except for metallic elements. We are so used to seeing colours finished in a high gloss laquer that we forget a colours true tone. The deeper the laquer, the richer the tone of that specific colour with black possibly having the most drastic change. As the owner of a painting and spraying business we get quite used to customers concerns of what the finishing colour will be when they see a base coat. A good experiment for this is to wipe a wet cloth over a blackboard. See how different the colour is once it's wet!

Matt black will always look dark grey, that is it's true nature. All colours and pigments are naturaly of a matt finish except for metallic elements. We are so used to seeing colours finished in a high gloss laquer that we forget a colours true tone. The deeper the laquer, the richer the tone of that specific colour with black possibly having the most drastic change. As the owner of a painting and spraying business we get quite used to customers concerns of what the finishing colour will be when they see a base coat. A good experiment for this is to wipe a wet cloth over a blackboard. See how different the colour is once it's wet!

I support this. I have studied colors during a car spray paint course some years ago. Amazing stuff!

You won't find a chrome white because...chrome itself can be considered to be the white.
The nature of matte colors is to have their shine removed. Matte colors don't reflect light the same way gloss and metallic do, hence, it will looks different to your eyes.

It's just how it is. If you paint the car with matte grey, you'll notice that it's much brighter than matte black.

And besides, the little preview you get on the paint show in GT Auto, it's not the best. That little preview is the color true reflection under optimal light, which rarely occurs during the game. Specially during weather change conditions.

Matte is usually means it has less reflectivity..Just look at the Xbox 360 S. On the box it says Matte Black Finish but it is more of a "Charcoal" grayish.
I guess more reflectivity can make a car color look darker?

Hope I helped :)

No its not the tv cause its the same on different sets. I have the challenger rm and want like the hoods color but a flat no shine. (Like racing drivers use so there's no glare in their eyes and cause I think it looks cool) I wish the preview was better so you could see the chip color on the car and not on a generic body when all shades look just one color.

Latest Posts

Back