Is this the end?

The biggest problem I have with GT6 is the lack of proper lift off oversteer simulation, wich is the most common technique IRL. That force me to tune every car I intend to race and that's time consuming.

I don't care about the course makers or more cars, I just want realistic driving, better AI and better online where there are no bugs in rooms where people can't see all the players. It's really a pain waiting everyone to rejoin because the room started glitching.

No information little/no interest, especially when hope is down after broken promise after promise. This is actually a good thing PD stays quite, dont say a word unless you know you can deliver. Consider this the calm before the hype. :)

After enduring 4 months of Project BUGS, I am now thinking of returning with my tail between my legs to GT6! The only thing holding me back is those awful engine sounds, made even more awful for me because of the excellent ones in P CARS. If I do return, GT6 will only end for me once they turn the online off, as that's pretty much all I do in this game.

GT6 is not dead but it suffers from:

- old system
- slow updates
- more and more people move on to PS4

Even if PD releases CM it will be short lived and this is mainly because people have moved on.

Myself , I recently sold my PS3 because time has come for me to upgrade. I loved the photomodes and it is still an active part in the forum. Amazing shots are made but it's a group of around 15 people and also in here one sees that users starting to move on to PS4 with DC and pCars or FM5/6 and FH2. The first having absolutely gorgeous phototools.

After 2 years of GT6 competing with PS4 games it starts to lose ground fast. Not meant negatively but a normal consequence of an older game.

GT6 probably will get a scaled down version of the CM which will still satisfy people playing on a PS3 system.

It has been a love/hate relation with the GT series on PS3 and this time there will be no hypetrain or whatsoever for me. I am not in a hurry for GT7 with so many beauties surfacing on PS4.

PD , take your time and make sure that this time you will deliver a high end AAA title.

Last edited:
VBR
After enduring 4 months of Project BUGS, I am now thinking of returning with my tail between my legs to GT6! The only thing holding me back is those awful engine sounds, made even more awful for me because of the excellent ones in P CARS. If I do return, GT6 will only end for me once they turn the online off, as that's pretty much all I do in this game.

Project BUGS :lol: I looooooooled !

Imagine the possibility If PS4 has backwards compability like XBone.

Probably just getting a GT6 remastered edition.

I only play GT6 now for one serious race series and occasional muck-about races with a group of mates which are the only things that keep me going. I stopped caring about VGT a while ago and the course maker a long, long time ago.

I even stopped entering photomode competitions here as the Driveclub photomode was just so addicting.

With my recent venture into Forza and with the wheel support bull:censored: for PS4 sims, it's pretty much the end for GT6 for me as well as sim racing in general.

Last edited:
Thing is, I personally prefer GT to hardcore sims like iRacing. To me, hardcore racing just doesn't seem fun. Then again, that's just me. GT was a staple of my childhood, so that may have an effect as well.

The mod team know the reasons for course makers lack of appearance , but are equally terrified that Kaz will stop giving them access and interviews that stuff like that is all they are willing to say . Non disclosure agreements etc will be brought up if discussed .

Better off just parroting Kaz's " Soon " if you ask me . The reason will be something to do with the team being split to work on the rumoured GT Sport / GT7 , or fukushima , or Kaz lost his pencils or something ... Nobody ( Just a handful of people at best ) really cares anymore .

Well you certainly seem to care as you've done this several times already, and you're clearly speaking from a position of having no experience with handling, knowing, or even having the faintest hint of information that would otherwise be considered sensitive for any number of reasons and that's fine because you're in the mindset of "Well if you know something, then you should tell us!" and, again, that's fine because at this point in the life of things you'd want something to sink your teeth into; something concrete.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. You've all been told why on numerous occasions in the past, and an NDA, when imposed, is only one of those reasons. This is of course going along with what you think that meant in the first place.

Well you certainly seem to care as you've done this several times already, and you're clearly speaking from a position of having no experience with handling, knowing, or even having the faintest hint of information that would otherwise be considered sensitive for any number of reasons and that's fine because you're in the mindset of "Well if you know something, then you should tell us!" and, again, that's fine because at this point in the life of things you'd want something to sink your teeth into; something concrete.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. You've all been told why on numerous occasions in the past, and an NDA, when imposed, is only one of those reasons. This is of course going along with what you think that meant in the first place.

I used to care about the issue alot more than I now do . My stance now is more disappointment in PD and the fact that they do not seem to care about their own fanbase one iota , or maybe the silence means something else . I also believe that fans have a right to know why their latest instalment isn't complete , and sensitive information or not I highly doubt it will be the end of the world for PD or GTP to come together on said issue and tell the GT community what's been going on .

This will only be good for the website , more hits for the business and more happy fans posting . I do appreciate that whatever issue that is beneath the secrecy is a big one , however we both know it's not a bad issue , and by the looks of it I would hazard a guess that the mod team are dying to break the story .

There's only one thing this can be . And it's going to benefit everyone involved when PD give you the green light for GTP to break the story ....

I'll get my PS4 ready for holiday season T12 ;)

The fact that GT6 doesn't have proper races offline made me lose interest in the game long time ago. To me it's pointless to have cars & tracks if I can't setup proper races with them offline.
I've been playing mainly PCars, and occasionally playing one of the F1 games, Race Pro, or MotoGP 14, any of those games provides a much better race experience than GT6 does.

Breaking an NDA is a serious no no. You'll find yourself out of the info loop rapidly.

That's saying there even is an NDA? I haven't heard about one but then I wouldn't expect to, seeing as the course maker is still listed as coming in a "future update" that we can all still see.

What's got me wondering though is where he says the course maker's release date is "up in the air". Hardly confidence inspiring after this amount of time but I suppose it could be a red herring to an NDA...if the NDA exists. Or is there an NDA about an NDA?

/Takes tin foil hat off.

I'm not even interested in the course maker. I love the intrigue of NDA's though.

Breaking an NDA is a serious no no. You'll find yourself out of the info loop rapidly.

That's saying there even is an NDA? I haven't heard about one but then I wouldn't expect to, seeing as the course maker is still listed as coming in a "future update" that we can all still see.

What's got me wondering though is where he says the course maker's release date is "up in the air". Hardly confidence inspiring after this amount of time but I suppose it could be a red herring to an NDA...if the NDA exists. Or is there an NDA about an NDA?

/Takes tin foil hat off.

I'm not even interested in the course maker. I love the intrigue of NDA's though.

Go and read the about the course maker thread for a better picture on the nda situation. GTP is not nda bound, its only PD.

But if GTP has inside knowledge that PD has privileged them with, why would they betray their trust and tell us on the forums?

Terronium-12's post was mightily ambiguous so I've no idea whether there's anything to hide anyway. It's all maybe, maybe not info.

If you could link me to the thread or a specific comment by the staff talking about NDA's, I'd appreciate it. I tend to avoid course maker threads so no idea which one you mean. I have looked though. Honestly.

Go and read the about the course maker thread for a better picture on the nda situation. GTP is not nda bound, its only PD.
If info is given on a basis that it cannot be publicly revealed before a specific time, then that is bound by NDA.

Trying to pry info out of people that might have info isn't going to get anywhere since no one is going to be willing to break their agreement.

Back