Italian Sexiness: Meet the Maserati Alfieri

  • Thread starter Thread starter psntomaz
  • 37 comments
  • 2,417 views
Messages
758
Messages
Bandhead4life
O2bsx836Y3k.jpg

http://blogautomobile.fr/maserati-a...ration-coupe-granturismo-222970#axzz2uwqxZW00

maserati-alfieri-concept.2-600x401.jpg
 
Back's a bit strange, but I like the front. Wonder if this is an idea of where the Gran Turismo is headed.
 
Back's a bit strange, but I like the front. Wonder if this is an idea of where the Gran Turismo is headed.

The over all Shape could be the new GT
 
It's nice but other than the rear which reminds me a bit of a TVR though still cool, the front to mid just seems to be a what if Maserati were asked to interpret and Aston Martin and still call it a Maserati
 
It's to that point overall, but it's seemed like the silhouettes have been near-identical for a long time, and for almost every class.

The Maserati: I see Mercedes Vision GT in the front, C7 Corvette concept in the rear. I'm not feeling it as of yet.
 
That looks wonderful! Love the shape, and front end most. Is this the F-Type fighter I heard about?
 
Last edited:
I like every part behind the mirrors, except for the rear vents under the tail lights...
Everything in front of the mirrors is meh. Such a blurry picture I can't really tell.
 
It's a Maserati coupe. A good-looking one at that. Nothing all that shocking or surprising, really.

Seems fairly clear that Fiat wants to position the Maserati brand against Jaguar, you know, instead of letting it be the awkward cousin begging for table scraps from Ferrari.
 
Love it. The front grill, a typical Maserati grill, is one to the features I don't really like about a Maserati.

The second photo seems to indicate a rather retro styling.
 
The word in the streets, is that this will be the GranTurismo replacement as some of you guessed. It's only slightly shorter [wheelbase] than the Gran Turismo.

This is a working concept, and uses the same 4.7 liter V8 from the GranTurismo.

The Alfieri is based on the GranTurismo MC Stradale chassis but has a 240mm (9.45in) shorter wheelbase. It is 4,590 mm (180.7in) long with a 2,700 mm (106.3in) wheelbase, 1,930 mm (76in) wide and 1,280 mm (50.4in) tall. The study is powered by a 4.7-liter, naturally aspirated V8 engine producing 453hp (460PS) and 520 Nm (383 lb-ft) at 4,750 rpm. The engine is linked to a six-speed, electro-actuated gearbox (MC Shift).
- Link


nx1Noax.jpg

ewkA8SY.jpg

hT7a8h8.jpg


Btw, I see the Merak most when I look at this. Of course, there's a little bit of every GT car old and new, in this. Rear lights give me a 3200 GT vibe.

auDPQC9.jpg
 
I like the rear too. Very Zagato-ish 👍
 
It's nice but other than the rear which reminds me a bit of a TVR though still cool, the front to mid just seems to be a what if Maserati were asked to interpret and Aston Martin and still call it a Maserati

Yeah the back does look TVR'ish. I don't really know what to think of the front.... I kinda prefer the Gran Turismo's one.
 
I love it! It reminds me of a Fisker Karma, only better looking. :)
 
It reminds me of a car that I really want, it's that good looking. :D
 
Looks like ****. Has that EvoXitis. Rear lights are too high.
 
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/03/08/maserati-levante-production-starting-next-year-alfieri/

We are getting Mirafiori ready for production [of the Levante]. The first bodies are expected for 2015," said Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne to Reuters in Geneva. He also said that there isn't much keeping the Alfieri off the streets. "The platforms and motors are there. Technically, production could start in 24-28 months..."

Awesome news. The attractive SUV Concept, and the beautiful Alfieri could help make Maserati proper, again. Can't wait to not ever see the new Coupe on the street, other than maybe twice, ever. :/
 
I like the rear too. Very Zagato-ish 👍

This this this this. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought "Zagato" while looking at the rear.
 
I don't quite like the front, but it does look very, very good 👍
 
Oh yea. 7 Billion. My, that number keeps on growing, doesn't it.
 
Back