It's now March; where is our promised community update?

• Thread starter soap_hand
  • 2,036 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow so much negativity still. Why do you even bother with the franchise then if its all so bad?
Small vocal minority. The people who are distraught enough to complain about minor grievances with a game on a forum will do so, those are are satisfied are just that, satisfied, they won't come online to sing its praises because they'd rather just play the game. The same applies to every product, you are far more likely to see people ranting online MY TOASTER SUCKS AND IS BROKEN than MY TOASTER TOASTS THINGS PROPERLY AND I AM SATIATED, because humans are driven by extremes of emotion.

Back on topic, no word about update yet, how about, nobody posts until update comes? Then you have permission to post it's happening.gif

Oh who am I kidding, this thread is just the resting spot for people who haven't yet emigrated to the other one.

I hear ya, but still.
1200 cars, sure are no valid argument, it looks nice on the box and in ads, but seriously, like you said, how many of them do you even WANT to drive. So far I got mostly everything I want as a premium model, I'd also enjoy some V8 Supercars further down the line but I'm not holding my breath and yes it's a bit weak on the european side of car models. The points you bring up about fuel consumption and online lobbies, can you name ANY console racing game where it is better? And don't say GT5 because it took them over a year to fix those things!

If GT6 is boring or not is very subjective and about the AI, name any other console racer that has a better AI, and don't say Forza because I've been playing that **** series for YEARS and the AI was abysmal.

Again, I wonder why you all still bother with GT if its all so upsetting, I came from many different racing games that I've tried and so far, everything I find in GT is better and I am sure in a few weeks time we'll all have that big content patch we're waiting for.

The thing is, I am a fan of the GT series. I really do love the game. But the improvement they had from GT4 to GT5 was bigger than what they have from GT5 to GT6. I don´t compare GT6 to any other racing game (only play Grid and Shift, both have better AI in my opinion by the way) because that isn´t the point. The point is, that PD claims they offer the best racing simulator. Which they might do, but how does it hold up to the expectation of yourself or even the ones PD has? I am not complaining about GT6 being a crappy game. I am complaining about the expectations i have because of PD. It feels unfinished, which isn´t bad, considering the possibilities of an update or DLC. But the way they handle this is a bit strange for me. It starts with the release date, the first updates (beeing cars related to evenst etc.), the problems that aren´t fixed. PD had a pedigree of releasing great games. Thats why it took them couple of years for the next series. But GT6... I don´t know. I love the series, but GT6 isn´t finished for me until all updates are there. And I just hope it doesn´t take too long, because sonner or earlier, my PS4 is coming...

I am not convinced of the product I paid 70€ for. And I just hope I don´t have to pay more for content that should be in the game.

Okay, pointless really.
And Assetto Corsa is no finished game.
Ah wait, yeah I forgot, GT6 is neither.

Again the racing itself, mostly online, never felt anywhere near good as in GT6 to me,
guess some of us are looking for different experiences then.
Lets hop that update is coming soon...

The thing is, I am a fan of the GT series. I really do love the game. But the improvement they had from GT4 to GT5 was bigger than what they have from GT5 to GT6. I don´t compare GT6 to any other racing game (only play Grid and Shift, both have better AI in my opinion by the way) because that isn´t the point. The point is, that PD claims they offer the best racing simulator. Which they might do, but how does it hold up to the expectation of yourself or even the ones PD has? I am not complaining about GT6 being a crappy game. I am complaining about the expectations i have because of PD. It feels unfinished, which isn´t bad, considering the possibilities of an update or DLC. But the way they handle this is a bit strange for me. It starts with the release date, the first updates (beeing cars related to evenst etc.), the problems that aren´t fixed. PD had a pedigree of releasing great games. Thats why it took them couple of years for the next series. But GT6... I don´t know. I love the series, but GT6 isn´t finished for me until all updates are there. And I just hope it doesn´t take too long, because sonner or earlier, my PS4 is coming...

I am not convinced of the product I paid 70€ for. And I just hope I don´t have to pay more for content that should be in the game.

Shift? and Grid? Really? I cannot remember the Ai as I was so disgruntled by the handling. I don't even count them anywhere near a simracer, not even semisim. So I cannot judge.

Guess my graph is right. The community is going to kill each other soon.

I like it, but I think you need to factor in the exponential increase of rage influenced by the poor seasonals, the differential of the rage-reducing-but-excitement-inducing made-up speculation threads by people wanting post counts ;)

those are are satisfied are just that, satisfied, they won't come online to sing its praises because they'd rather just play the game.

Yes, I have never encountered anyone praising the game on this forum...

BTW why aren't you playing the game?

Still you needed to explain to us what it is.
Well, open the link I posted. Lag issues in online playing, that make the opponents cars get teleported from one point to the other sometimes. Thats a connection issue usually.

Yes, I have never encountered anyone praising the game on this forum...

BTW why aren't you playing the game?
I'm waiting for an update and/or more seasonals, and now wouldn't be the best time for me to turn on my PS3 and amp, family wants to sleep etc.

Shift? and Grid? Really? I cannot remember the Ai as I was so disgruntled by the handling. I don't even count them anywhere near a simracer, not even semisim. So I cannot judge.

I also don´t count them as sims. I never said that. But the AI seems better than in GT6 for me. It´s been a long time ago. But still. i do´nt play any other racing games atm than GT. So I did not want to compare. I am talking about what the game should be like because PD said it will and what it really is. If they fix it towards that, with DLC and updates... that´s fine with me. But the way they do it right now (kind of having dollarsigns in their eyes) really makes me thinking about it the testbed for GT7 again

If we had an event creator you wouldn't have to wait. I guess it is too much for a game developer.

:)
Well, next time I play GT6 (besides the brief daily sign-in to keep the bonus going) will be when the new Spanish lake track is here.

Yeah me too. However I've been waiting for a month.
The wait has been long, but one day it will come, and all will be very good. In the meantime, life offers many other avenues to pass the time, such as EDF 2025, making sandwiches, or just getting lost in TV Tropes pages.

I bought it because I had some respect left for PD. I thought after having made GT5 and having fixed it to a playable state it wouldn't be an impossible task for them to finish a game even if it was going to happen "short after release".
Mainly their promise of a new sound engine influenced me to buy GT6.

But I thought you didn't get the game when it was released? You waited, at least until after the first Red Bull event, because I seem to remember you hadn't heard it in person yet. So you knew what you were getting at that exact moment.

You probably ought to have waited until they actually released the sound update, I'd say. But that was your gamble.
At least you're having fun with those other games. 👍

But I thought you didn't get the game when it was released? You waited, at least until after the first Red Bull event, because I seem to remember you hadn't heard it in person yet. So you knew what you were getting at that exact moment.

You probably ought to have waited until they actually released the sound update, I'd say. But that was your gamble.
At least you're having fun with those other games. 👍

That's right. I kept hearing how good the physics were and I figured since I had waited already some time the sound update would come soon. Boy, was I wrong. Seeing how things are moving I figure we will never get that sound update.

Small vocal minority.
Considering the number of threads here on GTPlanet and elsewhere on the internet, I'd be careful with the usage of the term "small vocal minority". It's obvious that we're not a minority here on the GT6 forums. This means that you are assuming that everyone else who bought the game and is not actively participating in these "epic whining" threads must be "satisfied" with what they have. I'm waiting on proof of that.

minor grievances
What would "major grievances" be in your opinion?

Considering the number of threads here on GTPlanet and elsewhere on the internet, I'd be careful with the usage of the term "small vocal minority". It's obvious that we're not a minority here on the GT6 forums. This means that you are assuming that everyone else who bought the game and is not actively participating in these "epic whining" threads must be "satisfied" with what they have. I'm waiting on proof of that.

What would "major grievances" be in your opinion?

Not only that but the sales numbers and the price of the game at the moment are a pretty strong evidence of the popularity of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back